BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Predict The New Releases: 24th-26th April, UK and US, Will the good lie avenge Adaline
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Predict
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
UltraReputation
post Apr 23 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #1
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

NOTE: From now on the US and UK box office prediction will be together

Well the prediction game didn't work out so I am trying out another idea which isn't really a game. The new releases are above and you vote in the poll for what you predict the film will open with. Posse post your answers and hopefully this creates discussion

US new release:
The Age Of Adaline- Drama starring Blake Lively and Harrison Ford about a woman who doesn't age
Little Boy- Some random drama I think (had to look up what this was). Only playing in just over 1,000 theatres
Ex-Machina- Sci-Fi thriller. Seems to be getting an expansion this week but not too sure

UK new releases:
Avengers 2- Needs no expanalagopn
The Good Lie- Drama starring the amazing Reese Witherspoon. Seems to be getting a very small release though which is a shame as I am desperate to see it cry.gif

My predictions:
US- Adaline will surprise and do well- 15M, little boy will bomb- 2.0M, ex_machina will do solid if expands wide- 3M
UK- Avengers 2 I'd say 17m but don't have a clue. Good lie 90k as seems to be very small release sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Apr 24 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #2
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I'd go in the 18-20m bracket for the Avengers.

I think even 90k could be optimistic for The Good Lie sadly. sad.gif Cineworld have it on at five cinemas, Vue at four, Odeon at three. I've got a ticket booked for Thursday but even the Cineworld I'm going to is only showing it once a day. I'll say 50k and if it does more it'll be a nice surprise tongue.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Apr 29 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

The good lie only did 11k but then it only played in 24 theatres- shame this was dumped as I really wanted to see it sad.gif
Avengers 2 smashed with 18M

Age of adalaine and ex machina did very well with 13.2M and 5.3M. little boy bombed with 2.7M

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 04:21 AM