BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GENERAL ELECTION 2015 THREAD
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Qassändra
post Apr 28 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #1
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Hey babez (plural) *.*

So given we're just nine days away from the DAY ITSELF it makes sense to have a proper discussion thread pour les masses en Lounge, so here's a fun little QUESTIONNAIRE to kick off discussion

- Which constituency do you live in?

- Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election?

- Are you planning to vote?

- Whom are you planning to vote for?

- Have you voted before, and for whom?

- What are your MAIN ISSUES

- What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority?

And for any PASSIVE LOT titting about with any 'THEY'RE ALL THE SAME WHY SHOULD I CARE' nonsense I'll wheel out the traditional quote

People will often say, with pride: ‘I’m not interested in politics.’ They might as well say, ‘I’m not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future.’

So yeah, GO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LexC
post Apr 28 2015, 02:49 PM
Post #2
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Fareham (Home)/Brighton Pavillion (Uni)

- Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election?

Mark Hoban (something like 20% - I read somewhere that he has the 13th safest Tory seat in the country so it doesn't really matter)/ QoL Caroline Lucas (wikipedia tells me 2.4%)

Well duh

Caroline Lucas/The Green Party (because I don't think they're strictly the same thing)

This is my first GE but I voted for Labour in the Euro/Council elections last year

Housing, Jobs, Education, The Environment.

- What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority?

I want Ed Miliband to be Prime Minister, the route he takes to get there I don't mind. Also Nick Clegg to get unseated.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 28 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

- Which constituency do you live in? - North East Fife

- Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election? - Sir Menzies Campbell, Liberal Democrat. Aka mighty Ming. Retiring. Majority of 22.6% vs 2nd placed Conservatives with 44.3%. SNP finished 4th with 14.2% in 2010

- Are you planning to vote? - hell the f*** yes

- Whom are you planning to vote for? - Scottish National Party

- Have you voted before, and for whom? - Yes. Voted LibDem at 2010 then LibDem for Consituency and SNP for List at 2011 and Yes in 2014. SNP at the Euros in 2014.

- What are your MAIN ISSUES - the ending of austerity economics, further devolution within UK, continuing EU membership, investment in renewables, investment in research, sustainable housing policy. (Health, Education et al is devolved so not an issue until 2016)

- What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority? - BYE BYE AUSTERITY

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 28 2015, 03:22 PM
Post #4
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Mid Ulster

Francie Molloy, Sinn Fein, 12.5% (4681 votes) as of the 2013 by-election when Martin McGuinness stood down, his majority was around 16,000 votes/38% in 2010 though.

Absolutely

Alliance or NI Conservatives

Yes, DUP (shame on me etc) and Alliance in the by-election

Gay rights/equality (not that anything is going to change here any time soon), Health/NHS, Welfare, Economy and obv staying within the Union is a big issue too, but that's fine for now

Ideally Dave staying PM, but that's probably unlikely to happen and I would rather the DUP weren't involved in any deal anyway given their atrocious stance on so many things, which they may have to be for that to happen.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Apr 28 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #5
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

North Warwickshire

Dan Byles, Conservative, A 0.1% margin at the last election (Byles received 18,993 votes, Mike O'Brien for Labour got 18,939 votes)

Yes.

Labour.

Voted at the last general election and for Labour.

Jobs and Healthcare take top priority for me. Also a big believer in remaining a part of the EU.

A Labour majority. Don't really want another coalition but I can see it happening.

I was GUTTED for Mike O'Brien last election. A seat he had held for four consecutive elections back to 1992, so lose out on fifth by just 54 votes was heartbreaking! A lot of people were upset but then again they didn't bother to vote thinking IT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE THE KNOBS

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Apr 28 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

London - (Borough Tower Hamlets)

Labour, yes our area is always Labour, because it's multi-cultural with lots of LGBT/creative areas.

Yes.

Labour or Green - not 100% made up my mind yet.

I've voted for Labour and Green in the past. But this the second general election I've been old enough to vote in - it was Lib dems last time.

Social, education, health

Anything less right wing/old fashioned than we've got now, so hopefully Labour.

This post has been edited by Joe.: Apr 28 2015, 03:29 PM

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Apr 28 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #7
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Joe. @ Apr 28 2015, 04:28 PM) *
(Borough Tower Hamlets)

Labour, yes our area is always Labour, because it's multi-cultural with lots of LGBT/creative areas.

You SAY THAT...

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Apr 28 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

EAST HAM.

STEPHEN TIMMS, Labour, biggest majority in the country at over 27,000!

Yes.

UKIP.

Voted last time, Conservative.

IMMIGRATION and leave welfare alone, raise taxes instead of more cuts!

A Labour majority. Don't really want another coalition but I can see it happening and prefer Labour-SNP pact.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Apr 28 2015, 04:28 PM

+Quote Post
jjake
post Apr 28 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #9
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Apr 28 2015, 04:41 PM) *
You SAY THAT...

THE CAT GHOST OF GEORGE GALLOWAY LAPPING AT MY BRAIN

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Apr 28 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #10
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(┌ ╫ ┘ @ Apr 28 2015, 05:35 PM) *
THE CAT GHOST OF GEORGE GALLOWAY LAPPING AT MY BRAIN

hun stfu and answer the questionnaire

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 28 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #11
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

- Which constituency do you live in? - Belfast North

- Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election? - Nigel Dodds of the DUP (who could be your new Deputy Prime Minister if they go into coalition, I'll just let that sink in). Has a majority of 2000 over the next challenger, convicted terrorist Gerry Kelly of Sinn Fein.

- Are you planning to vote? - Yes, I see it as my democratic duty.

- Whom are you planning to vote for? - the SDLP, more likely than not.

- Have you voted before, and for whom? Going back to the first time I've voted in 2009, I've voted for Green Party (to my shame), Alliance Party, Sinn Fein, SDLP and Alliance.

- What are your MAIN ISSUES - Improving the economy of Northern Ireland and improving public services.

- What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority? - A Labour/Lib Dem coalition, bu only on the proviso that their two current leader resign, and are replaced with Andy Burnham and Tim Farron.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 28 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #12
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

York Central

Hugh Bailey currently, who is fine. I can't remember the Labour candidate, but it's certainly not Hugh this time.

Obvs

Conservative

No, last time I voted Lib Dems

The economy - a strong economy can lead to all the other problems being solved. On a selfish perspective I would like Housing to sorted, but to my benefit of course.

Contrary to popular beliefs, I want what's best for the country. While I am a Conservative voter and hold no shame in it, I would not be bothered if Labour got in to power with a majority. A majority government is the best thing for this country whether it is Labour or Conservative. But second to that, if it's not possible then another coalition is fine as long as it's the party with the most seats, and not a Lab-SNP

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 28 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #13
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Apr 28 2015, 04:22 PM) *
Alliance or NI Conservatives

ohmy.gif A potential NI Conservative voter? I never thought I'd ever hear of one.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Apr 28 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Hendon

Matthew Offord / Conservative / just over 100 votes ahead of Labour

Yes

Labour

At the European election, for the Greens

Jobs / housing / education

Not Cameron. Labour in some form, either majority or leading a coalition

Just realised that I'm working nights at the time of the election so I should be able to watch the live coverage!

+Quote Post
Jester
post Apr 28 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #15
On Hold
Member No.: 12

Which constituency do you live in? Kingswood

Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election? Chris Skidmore, Conservative, 2,445 (5.1%)

Are you planning to vote? Yes

Whom are you planning to vote for? Labour

Have you voted before, and for whom? Yes, Labour in 1997, 2001 and 2005 and Lib Dem in 2010

What are your MAIN ISSUES The EU (as in I want to stay in), Continued Austerity (as in I don't want it), LGBT issues, The Environment (Greener fuels, grants for solar and wind energy etc), University Fees to be vastly reduced….

What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority? A Labour Majority.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 28 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

Which constituency do you live in? Bournemouth West

Who's the MP for your constituency, which party are they in, and what was their victory margin at the last election? Conor Burns, right-wing Tory. Majority 5,583 (13.4%).

Whom are you planning to vote for? Probably Lib Dem. My vote is meaningless here anyway.

Have you voted before, and for whom? I have voted at every election (local, general and European) since 1979. I voted Labour in 1979, but Liberal-SDP Alliance / Lib Dem ever since.

What are your MAIN ISSUES NHS, education, Europe (we must stay in the EU)

What result you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority? From the realistic possibilities, Labour ahead of the Tories by at least a dozen seats or so. Then, an agreement with the Lib Dems (either a coalition or a Confidence and Supply arrangement). That may well still be short of a majority, but they would have to rely on some co-operation from the SNP. Would the SNP really vote down a Labour-led government in a confidence vote?

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 28 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #17
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Leyton & Wanstead, London

John Cryer, Labour, 17,511, 43.6%

Yes

Labour probably, MAYBE Green but that's looking less likely.

Was narrowly too young in the last one so this would be my first, voted in the 2012 local elections but can't remember who for (Greens I think?).

All the E's - Economy, Education, Environment, EU

Labour-Greens Coalition *.* Labour majority would be preferable, supporting the party rather than the leader but even then, some criticism is harsh and he's hardly any worse than Cameron, although it does look unlikely that any party will win a majority so I wouldn't mind another Conservative-led coalition that much as long as they pick the right party, basically just as long as Farage doesn't get near number 10.

QUOTE(Joe. @ Apr 28 2015, 04:28 PM) *
London - (Borough Tower Hamlets)

OT but YAY another East Londoner!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 28 2015, 09:46 PM

+Quote Post
jonny
post Apr 28 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,646
   No Gallery Pics

Hull East

Karl Turner, Labour, 8,597 (25.1%).

Yes.

I am currently undecided. If I don't spoil by ballot paper I will more than likely vote Conservative. I think absolutely nothing positive about our local MP and all of the Lib Dem literature I receive through my door comes across less like an impassioned plea for votes and more like a desperate attempt to criticise the other parties. I'm generally content with how the Cameron-led government has done since the last election.

I have note.

I don't see any main issues, just daily challenges that effect us all. There's nothing specific to me that I am particularly concerned about.

A Cameron-led government. Preferably without the Lib Dems involved.

+Quote Post
Mistletheo
post Apr 29 2015, 11:10 AM
Post #19
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

Love the quote babez.

Holborn and St. Pancras

Frank Dobson, Labour, 46.1%

Yes

Labour

Only in 2014's European parliamentary election for Labour

National Health Service, education

#edforpm

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 29 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #20
masala me
Member No.: 12,929

Exeter (at uni, the one I'm voting in) /South East Cornwall (home)

Ben Bradshaw, Labour, won by votes of 19,942 to 17,221 against the Tories

YE BOI

Labour

I have voted for Labour before in last year's Europeans. Couldn't vote at the last election but at the time I know would have voted Lib-Dems, both for tactical and ideological reasons, which is also the way it's wound up again now, yay!

EU - to stay in it (also a bit of International Relations/Immigration/Defense/INTERACTIONS with other nations, basically I feel the more open we are the better for the world), Environment, Education, Anti-Austerity/Progressivism

- What result do you want from this election - Cameron majority? More Tory-Lib coalition? The SAINTED ED? Miraculous Green majority?
I would like Ed Miliband to end up as Prime Minister, I like him more than I did Nick Clegg at this point in 2010, which granted, isn't a solid position to go in on, but he does come across as someone with more integrity and the real drive to build a better society. Who he ends up in coalition with (as that's a certainty, my absolute preference would be a Lab majority but that's not happening) I'm not that bothered about as any of the SNP/Lib Dems/Green are fairly ideologically close.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:33 AM