BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What were you like at school?, forgive us for what we have done~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post May 1 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I realise some of you are still IN school which just depresses me, but i'm talking primary/early secondary so it'll apply to us all. Basically what were you like when you were younger? Were you the class boffin, the trouble-maker, the cheeky chappy, the #lad, the teacher's pet, the quiet/awkward one..? How were you academically and more importantly BEHAVIOUR wise.

I am currently teaching a class of 30 horridly behaved children so it made me think about what i myself and others were like at that age because i am sure i have never seen children as bad as this :/ i hope none of you were this tormenting!? ohmy.gif

I was basically top of my class during primary school and a teacher's pet. I was CHATTY and very dramatic but always up for doing extra chores around the class and helping out. I also thrived off the learning and really loved going into school. Lol. I quietened down in secondary school and sort of lost my voice for a lot of it / just focused on work with the occasionally cheekiness.

What were YOU like?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 1 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

I was the shy smart hardworking teacherspet kid during my primary school, transitioned into a lazy kid kid during my first 2 years at secondary school and turned into a hell during my 3rd and double 4th.

I calmed down a lot and started to work more during my 5th and 6th year of secondary school tho thankfully!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post May 1 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Primary school I was pretty good- I worked well but talked a lot- was definitely one of the biggest chatterboxes in my year and got on really well with most people. I never really got into trouble
I'm ok behaved at secondary school but was way better behaved in early primary school. I am getting into trouble quite a lot now kink.gif (though some have just been really unlucky getting into trouble). I'm still a massive chatterbox and I am probably in like the top 10 loudest in my year and get on well with most people smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 1 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Throughout primary school I quickly developed a reputation as one of the smartest kids in the school, which was really fun for the most part as people would come to me for help with all sorts of things. I kept being accelerated in maths throughout my school life as well which REALLY aided that perception.

And then I got to secondary school and I did continue with the smart guy thing but also suddenly became a lot shyer and awkward, in a target-on-back, occasionally does something outrageous to fit in, but never starts any trouble sort. Teacher-wise I was always a 'pleasure to teach', wouldn't even think of causing trouble for the teachers, and was certainly not as lazy as I am now, at least earlier on.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post May 1 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I was a bit if a teachers' pet and was so engaged in my learning. I enjoyed most lessons and loved learning new things. I feel my biggest failing as a teacher is probably being unable to relate to the kids who have no interest in learning. The way they think is very alien to me.

This post has been edited by T Boy: May 1 2015, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 1 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I absolutely loved every minute of Primary School. I was extremely hard-working, got on with pretty much everyone and was generally a very happy child. I think I was known as being a gymnast, playing multiple instruments and being one half of the friendship between me and my best friend, as everyone used to say that they'd never seen two people so close for so long! People also used to say I was smart as well because I had quite a good grasp of English and Maths from an early age (science and me never got on), although the latter would decline considerably in Secondary school!

Secondary School came around and I found it tough to say the least! I made a new friendship group quite early on who weren't good for my self esteem at all, and gradually became really shy/anxious around people I wasn't close with, often really unhappy because I didn't like the way people walked over and treated me; I began to resent my personality and appearance. Thankfully I'm not in such a bad place these days, although still a lot of work to do before I become happy with who I am! In secondary school I think I was known for loving music and being a bit of a geek in the earlier years as I was doing really academically well and was one of those who just got on with work quietly rather than messing about... for a good few years until I started to slack, oops.

This post has been edited by Jade: May 1 2015, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post
:')
post May 1 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #7
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

I was a total nerd and boffin up until grade 10, winning academic accolades and so on, I only cared about being perceived as the best academically and devoted absolutely all my time towards that

And then in grade 10 science and maths suddenly became 500 times more difficult and I became so depressed with the fact I couldn't get As in those subjects anymore to the extent I'd stay home sick on test and exam days - being too scared of not getting an A. As a result, I got involved with the wrong guy/wrong crowd, became more of a socialite and party animal and everything slowly depreciated from there sadly, still regretting that choice today!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post May 1 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I was often super shy. I was terrified to express or assert myself. I don't even know why. Also I was annoyed at everyone being really loud and noisy, because I didn't fit in with that and I probably just wanted to sit around and philosophize, haha. Eventually it got better, I made some friends and became more confident and happier in myself. Even a teacher noted to me in my final year that I was much happier in myself. Looking back, it seems so ridiculous the way I was, but I guess it's something I have been able to learn from. I'm still a little bit shy, but definitely much more confident and easier to be around.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post May 1 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

In Primary school, I was generally well behaved, but I did have the tendency to loud distracted/silly, as you do pre-eleven years old.

I was super quiet/awkward for most of Secondary, the start of it really was horrible, I found it hard to fit in even with the friends I had and was bullied/taken advantage of, probably one of the worst periods of my life and one I really don't like talking about. Things got a lot better from like Year 9 onwards as I found a friendship group and though I was still quiet and awkward and a bit of a target (for all the big headed, loud twats that pick on others as it's 'cool' etc.), I feel that my year group matured to the point where we all stuck to our own business and could interact normally as humans, for want of a better word.

I was always quiet and well behaved in class and was never a problem to teachers, but I was there to learn and not act like a dumbass like some of my class was and that didn't do me too badly in the end.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 1 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #10
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Primary school was so long ago now! Guess you could say I was in the 'cool kids' faction. I was generally well behaved, and got above average grades. I got on with everyone in my class, I think our year group was pretty close although it's strange now as all my better friends at primary school are people I never talk to these days!

Secondary school, I was quite literally in the 'inbetweeners'. I did OK at schoo in my eary yearsl, but there were too many distractions in the early years. Be it my friends, or people just disrupting learning. I was at a very tough school. End of Year 9/10 it became a lot more about learning instead of messing about, because I began to realise that I needed to put my head down! I didn't get in trouble that often, but on the few cases that I did get in trouble it was for quite stupid things. Remember one time I decided to call a teacher 'sir' instead of 'miss' as a joke. But then I just couldn't stop saying 'sir' haha. Funny looking back at in now - definitely was not funny at the time, with the amount of trouble I ended up in!!!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post May 1 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #11
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

Lazy. Very lazy. And very lucky in general. I could've gotten such better grades and results but I was too lazy. I only really loved maths, Russian and English. And chemistry for a short while~ Not that I finished school with bad grades. Not at all. It just could've been a lot better.

Personality-wise, I was quiet but loved being a know-it-all in classes I loved. You would never see me cause a disturbance or anything like that (well, that happened only ONCE but it was because I sat with a crazy girl~).

One time during algebra I was heard using a SWEAR WORD. Loudly. I didn't even notice that because I was so deeply into the process of solving some problem (the teacher always wrote down the numbers of tasks from the book and we could decide whether to keep up with what happens on blackboard and general population~ or go further (there was always competition between myself and that other guy in my class. LOVED IT)). I loved maths SO much at school. Got the best score in the final exam among the entire grade too. Slay~

+Quote Post
:')
post May 1 2015, 06:37 PM
Post #12
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

I used to throw the other girls with chairs and tables when they pea shooted me

I also smoked in my hostel room between classes and tanned next to the school swimming pool during chapel

+Quote Post
dancember
post May 1 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #13
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I was always the quiet one, and still am. Could never make friends or fit in with the 'cool' crowd, gave up on that very quickly in year 7 as friendship cliques had already been formed in the first week. Quickly became known as the really quiet kid anyway, which didn't bother me as people wouldn't bully me for it aside from once or twice in year 7

Academically, I'd always be near or at the top of the class too which I like, I've never walked away from Prize Giving empty handed. Also walked away with the most A*-A GCSEs. (not sure how to say this without sounding like bragging, lol). Would always do the work and caused no problem for teachers. I feel like my A Levels aren't going as great though, they're proving to be a challenge, got A-B-B-D in my most recent mocks anyway.

+Quote Post
152chris
post May 1 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #14
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

hit my bad bitch peak in primary then it was all downhill from there

+Quote Post
randomfurlong
post May 1 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #15
musing
Member No.: 13,969
   No Gallery Pics

I won some award for 'Being Myself' at the Year 11 prom, haha. I was verrrrry quiet and shy and generally quite smart but I wouldn't ever call myself a teacher's pet - I was way too shy to be like that, kept myself to myself mostly. Occasionally I would talk back but it would never be in a smartmouthy way, just in a sort of matter-of-fact way that took everyone by surprise and so I didn't really get in trouble. (Though I did write a response to an teaching assistant's diss of my handwriting, thinking he'd never look back in my book - but he did and I practically cried outside of the staff room. I was a loser.)

I hated school at the time; I was good at it but I hated the structure of it, exams always gave me such anxiety and seemed like the worst way of testing what we'd learnt. I've come a long way since then in terms of confidence, although I also feel like I'm a lot dumber, haha.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post May 1 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #16
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I think my school career has been characterised by a very steady negative decline in my ability to get good grades from beginning to end laugh.gif Back in first school I was put into the year above for all subjects and in year 6 I got 100% in my Science SATS cool2.gif I'm not necessarily brain dead now, but if I maintained the same amount of effort as I had done since year 8ish then I could still be right up there! I guess as a child I was very stressed out if I didn't do something right or didn't get homework in on time and this crippling anxiety drove me to do well in school as well as getting a buzz from learning and being successful! However what seems to be in direct opposition to this, I did have very strong opinions back then (and still do now to some extent!) and if I didn't like the way something was done, I wouldn't do it, and I would cause a scene. I know I wasn't the easiest of children to deal with for sure laugh.gif

I wouldn't say I've ever been bullied or particularly 'not popular' at any time, but during year 9 and 10 I withdrew quite a bit due to my acne developing at that point and I sort of lost my way in life and quite a bit of confidence. I think I became too much of a people pleaser at that point that I didn't really have an identity of my own and got embarrassed very easily! I did manage to remain in the 'cool' circles at this time so I've never really been isolated, even if I felt it! This time also coincides with my first two years of Buzzjack funnily enough. Since year 11 I've regained confidence and have had a pretty decent social life in comparison to what it could have been in year 9 and 10, it's good that I now feel very at ease going to school and with my year group and I feel I can talk to the majority of my year group! My work ethic has improved again after some disappointing AS results and I'm on my way up, although I do feel very ready to leave the 'school bubble' as I feel there is so much more to me as a person than what 'the school bubble' expects of me and sometimes it's hard to break that perception people have of you after 5 years of being together when so much can change you as a person in that time!

soz for the essay.

This post has been edited by Kl▲mzee: May 1 2015, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 2 2015, 06:08 AM
Post #17
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I was quiet too. In fact I was voted 'quietest' in my year when we did senior superlatives. For years I was an easy target for getting picked on but that magically stopped by the end of middle school. By that time, being active in sports, band, and SO many clubs meant I had plenty of friends (NOT the cool kids, thankfully) and always had a hectic schedule after school and on weekends. I just kept to myself during classes laugh.gif. I really burned out from all the activity by the time I graduated, because I didn't do any of that in college and just focused on my coursework.

Plus I always had a reputation for being smart, but not as much as my best friend who was by far the smartest in my year. Being so busy with practices and stuff meant I never had enough time to finish assignments, but I lucked out with really good grades every year. In fact I nearly had straight A's all through high school but couldn't keep it up the last year. That's when my luck ran out. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post May 4 2015, 01:00 AM
Post #18
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

I was another quiet, fairly studious one throughout my school years. I remember really loving going to primary school and being extremely motivated to please my teachers and parents (I'm nearly sure my self-esteem peaked thus far in life when I was shortlisted for the under-10s division of a national handwriting competition laugh.gif), though I was never vocal in class and kept myself to myself. I had a reputation for being the best at art/drawing in my primary school year and at one time had a steady stream of kids coming over to my table during lunch breaks asking me to draw their names in graffiti-esque lettering on their pencil cases, which I was too shy and unassuming to charge for, unlike others who then exploited that opportunity with their subpar knock-offs rolleyes.gif! I was lucky in that I was never bullied in any way, even though I was best friends with kids who were, and was generally included in games, birthday party invites etc. so life was good.

The dynamics of an all-boys secondary school and my reserved nature meant I was a bit of an outsider there and only felt comfortable around a few close friends. A big regret of mine would definitely be that I cared far too much about others' opinions at the time and didn't assert myself properly, immediately becoming shyer. I played rugby (relatively badly) in the first few years and was involved in certain other sports/activities which was crucial though as it meant I was connected to the powerful group(s) and avoided being a target for any abuse. I started off putting a lot of effort into my schoolwork and became a sort of inadvertent teacher's pet (to the point where some found it awkward to give out to me when I was caught talking to my friend during class and would instead tell him to stop distracting me!) but that definitely wore off later on as I got pretty lazy, cramming for exams and resting on my considerable bullshitting abilities, which unfortunately hasn't changed much in my college years! :/

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 4 2015, 01:20 AM
Post #19
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I had a real mixture of friends in school, I was in the popular clique! I got along with almost everyone though. I done okay in grades and managed to get a higher in English, Classic Studies, Computing, Administration and managed an advanced higher in History.

Behaviour wise (eeeek). I was excluded 6 times? I also had a massive file of punishment exercises and referells which I blame on Maths tbh.

I was a prefect and was head of charity committee.

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 4 2015, 01:43 AM
Post #20
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Primary and Secondary I think I fulfilled the same role as the member of the 'B-List Popular' group of funny boys, emos (back in 07 when it was at its peak) and she-geeks. Growing up as a fat, camp (later gay) geek meant that bullies weren't kind but I like to think I fought my corner well enough (Year 5 some Welsh kid with a lisp called me 'tubby' to which I promptly called him a lisping sheep shagger and in Year 8 somebody insulted me at the end of a long and stressful day...so I punched him in the face). I was pretty much the best in my year at Maths until Year 10 when this Chinese girl moved to our school and stole my thunder, after which I went in completely the other direction. My role in my group of friends/school in general was basically 'the funny one' which is basically what I've been in every group I've socialised in since.

I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy school more than I just...endured it. It was something I just put up with in the knowledge that it was impermanent.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:11 AM