Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monsters Dark Continent, not so many monsters
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post May 6 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

5/10 movie, I'm at a disadvantage as I havent seen the first one, but this was more of a military/ insurgent desert story and the monsters/aliens were almost incidental. It wasn't bad by any means but I just kept thinking "so when are the aliens going to provide some menace or meat to the plot, then" which is a bit bizarre. I also wanted to know what they living on, growing from floaty wispy things to Godzillas and what was happening elsewhere in the world, presumably the same, in which case would troops be available to basically police the Middle east.

so many questions, so few answers...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 7 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #2
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

The Monsters aren't in the original much either.

However, the original is a brilliant character study and impressive v. low budget movie. Particularly when you realise it wasn't scripted, the SFX were done on a home PC, it was made pretty much 'geurilla style' and the leads are actually a real life couple.
The director was given Godzilla on the strength of it and you can see why.

From what I've been told about the sequel I've kept away from it
+Quote Post
post May 7 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #3
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I loved 'Monsters' and it's one of my favourite films but, yeh, the lack of Gareth Edwards and the complete change of direction puts me off from seeing this which is a shame.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2016 - 04:57 AM