BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you happy with the election outcome?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Are you happy with the election outcome?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 74
Guests cannot vote 
Joe ho ho!
post May 8 2015, 09:18 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Self explanatory
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post May 8 2015, 09:30 AM
Post #2
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not happy with a Tory majority. Was expecting it to be even closer than last time round, and hoped for some kind of deal with Labour to ensure a Labour run government. Every Suffolk seat was comfortably Tory, and the poor Lib Dems losing out so badly... I'm sure Clegg only 'backed down' on loads of their promises due to the Tories claiming the vast majority of the coalition, so their differing promises intimately got the go ahead.

However, it is what the British people have chosen, at least UKIP haven't taken many seats (as I thought they would).

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post May 8 2015, 10:10 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I'm not happy. I feel like 10 years ago the UK was known for being an open and progressive country and is now moving backwards somewhat.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post May 8 2015, 10:14 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

No, as I'm disabled so fear for my benefits.

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 8 2015, 10:50 AM
Post #5
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

I'm devastated. If this leads to England being a lone state and out of the EU then I need to seriously consider wether it's worth emigrating.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post May 8 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ May 8 2015, 11:50 AM) *
I'm devastated. If this leads to England being a lone state and out of the EU then I need to seriously consider wether it's worth emigrating.

Don't worry, I think any EU referendum would get a result for us staying in.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 8 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #7
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Not happy in the slightest. We're supposed to be moving forward with our votes, this feels like a huge slide backwards and into a potential path where we have nothing but Tory majorities in England for a long while. Which would be utterly disastrous for our future, the longer a Tory government stays in power the harder the effects are felt.

At least a fragmented, European night, whatever the outcome would have ensured that more parties could rise, this also just means it'll have to be a slip back into 2-party politics unless everyone is happy with the Tories ruling forever.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 8 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 8 2015, 11:56 AM) *
Don't worry, I think any EU referendum would get a result for us staying in.

Which could have two advantages. First, we get to stay in the EU. Second, it could lead to a split in the Tory party.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post May 8 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 8 2015, 11:50 AM) *
Which could have two advantages. First, we get to stay in the EU. Second, it could lead to a split in the Tory party.

Yes that's a lovely bitter Tory debate about to burst forth like the alien chest buster. Based on last time they were in power without libdems to blame....

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post May 8 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Quite horrible news to wake up to and glad I didn't stick around to see it, at least with the last government, we had the Lib Dems there to keep things a bit more left and withdraw some of their harsher policies. Now looks like we're going right back to the 1980s with five more years of Cameron. Literally the worst possible result it could have been :/

I guess the bright news is now Cameron will have no one else to blame for his shortcomings and if his government messes up big time before 2020 and Labour/Lib Dems come back with stronger leaders...well, I like to hope, the last Conservative Majority in the UK didn't end too well after all.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post May 8 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder what will be the longest time a Tory minister will manage to go in the next five years without telling a lie in an interview. My guess is 63 seconds. It will probably be achieved by a naive newly-appointed minister who hasn't quite got the hang of things. Cameron, of course, won't get beyond four seconds.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 8 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #12
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

The only good thing is that UKIP flopped (for want of a better word) this time... Tory majority is the worst thing that could have happened (aside from UKIP which was never happening anyway obv), they're free to drag Britain backwards now.

+Quote Post
Jack
post May 8 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I will tell you what annoys me most, this annoying thick as shit attitude of 'couldn't care less' or 'omg stop going on bout politics!!1'. Um, this affects everyone lives so of course it is important.

I can't blame the Conservatives too much, the British Public are just so mind numbingly f***ing stupid that it was always going to be a poor result. To think I actually had some faith this time round.

I have family in Canada so I am actually thinking of leaving tbh. I have said it a lot in the last five years, but I am thoroughly ashamed to be British. As should most people.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 8 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #14
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I said to my friend earlier we can't even trust a lot of the general public to vote for the correct Big Brother or X Factor winner, let alone the right Prime Minister drama.gif

QUOTE(Jack @ May 8 2015, 11:34 PM) *
I will tell you what annoys me most, this annoying thick as shit attitude of 'couldn't care less' or 'omg stop going on bout politics!!1'. Um, this affects everyone lives so of course it is important.

Omg ikr?! "why is everyone suddenly a politics expert" because people SHOULD care. They can't moan when they have to pay for healthcare udner the Tories or their benefits are cut or god knows what else happens when they didn't vote because they "don't care" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 8 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #15
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Delighted with the performance of SNP.

Gutted the Torries won.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 9 2015, 01:04 AM
Post #16
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

The win is fine. Any majority government is good for the country.

Labour could never have got a majority government, and quite frankly any deal they would have made would have been downright horrendous for the UK. There's a reason people have massively lost faith in the party. I hope they rise back again strongly, but a Labour/Lib Dem/SNP government would have been absolutely horrrendous. Never mind the propaganda about the Tory government.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post May 9 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #17
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I'm devastated, can't even

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post May 9 2015, 11:43 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

You know what annoys me, people who bash others for not caring/voting then bash people who did vote but happened to vote differently.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 9 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #19
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Dobbo @ May 9 2015, 12:43 PM) *
You know what annoys me, people who bash others for not caring/voting then bash people who did vote but happened to vote differently.

On the other side, there are people who are annoying me by saying that given that the people voted for this, it is democracy in action and everyone should be silent. Both are equally irksome, personal attacks don't help (and may not be meant to come across like that) but we did vote so that we could have the right to express an opinion on the results, I don't know whether that comes across as 'bashing' to you but it is possibly the worst thing people have posted on these results short of gloating in victory.

On that, I don't think those two bashings are explicitly by the same people.

The reason some of the left is coming across like that is the shock and awe at these results, as well as the future implications so immediately apparent which are a disaster for everyone not a supporter of the Tories or SNP, which means everyone's getting a bit passionate in a way they didn't expect to, but it's attack the opinion, not attack the voter. Tories can outline their reasons they voted all they like to me, I'll probably say that they're wrong, but I'm not calling them scum or anything of the sort, that's incredibly counter-productive.

+Quote Post
poppet15
post May 9 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #20
UKs Biggest European Music fan
Member No.: 285

QUOTE(Common Sense @ May 8 2015, 11:14 AM) *
No, as I'm disabled so fear for my benefits.

Same Here. Especially with fishface Ian Duncan-Smith in charge of them. At least his pathetic sidekick McVey lost her seat.

This post has been edited by poppet15: May 9 2015, 04:19 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 08:55 PM