Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P.D.A (We Just Care)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post May 14 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #1
I come alive in the fall time
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

For all the gays with a boyfriend/significant other/fling/friend with benefits (and lesbians I guess).

Are you comfortable touching, kissing your bf or just walking hand in hand with him in public?

I'm pretty cautious about it but my bf doesn't seem to really care at all, which makes things awkward at times. I'm just very afraid of people's reactions. Yesterday two guys came up to us (they were obviously straight) and asked us if we were gay and then wanted to see us give each other a kiss. That was it but it was still weird and kind of intimidating.

My bf is from Brazil and he says people are a lot more liberal here but even in The Netherlands we still get these news items once in a while about a gay couple being harassed/attacked.

So, is Buzzjack comfortable with sharing their ''love'' for their significant other in public? And would you care if you saw a gay couple kissing in the park?

(Also, I'm not sure many will get the title reference but it was a hit in The Netherlands so screw youuu).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 14 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #2
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not really comfortable with it (well, kissing, hugging etc - pretty ok with hand-holding) but I'm not sure how much of that is down to fears regarding my sexuality. I am not one for really doing much of anything in public anyway, I feel like I'd be awkward with PDAs even in a heterosexual relationship. My boyfriend is fine with it like yours but he's a lot less awkward than me anyway so that seems natural.
+Quote Post
post May 14 2015, 11:26 AM
Post #3
alimony butterflies
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 4,397

Here? lol nooooooo

I actually did walk in public in London with my then love interest. Didn't quite care so I guess I don't particularly care indeed. Doesn't make my anxiety attacks go away though.
+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post May 14 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #4
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

No way, Greeks still live in the Dark Ages. Young women are mostly okay with it. Young men are very likely to, at least, verbally harrass you, even if it's behind your back. A lot of people claim they're ok with gays, but still think if children see a gay couple kissing, they'll be 'scarred for life'.

And everyone over 50 should really drive themselves off a cliff with their medieval views.
+Quote Post
post May 14 2015, 11:39 AM
Post #5
I'm just going to the STORE
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Personally I wouldn't really be comfortable with it but it's nice when I see couples that are (in regards to hand holding or whatever).

When it comes to other public displays of affection though I find it more of an awkward thing in general without sexuality coming into it. Like when you see a couple full on snogging, who wants to see that?
+Quote Post
post May 14 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #6
salty foods parch the human
Member No.: 4,631

I'm generally ok with it. We'll hold hands or whatever in public, but there are still people we'll see and disconnect just in case they're dodgy. You still hear about gay couples getting attacked, even in this country, so you just have to be sensible and be aware of the people around you. Most of the time it's fine though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 05:50 AM