BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top 20 Most Beautiful Countries
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post May 16 2015, 04:36 AM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

http://www.buzzfeed.com/travelguru/the-20-...-the-world-w9r0

Do you guys agree?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post May 16 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

a good list, though I'd put USA at 1, if one conveniently ignores the identikit towns and cities, the billboards, the litter, the highways. From massive deciduous forests, mountains, plains, deserts, swamps and especially the Grand Canyon, it's just got so much of beauty and interest.

If you don't ignore what the host nation has DONE to a country then half of them would drop off the list altogether, leaving only those with relatively small populations like New Zealand, I'd guess. Thinking USA, Brazil, China and so on who have room for improvement...

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post May 16 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I've been to 3 of the top 4 and all were incredible in that department.

Have to say my #1 would be NZ heart.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post May 16 2015, 09:24 AM
Post #4
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

I would've put Scotland in there. I've not been to any of those places on the list, but from what I've seen on TV & the internet, Canada, USA, Norway, Australia and New Zealand look lovely heart.gif

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post May 16 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #5
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

No Iceland? Madness

+Quote Post
Coral5
post May 16 2015, 09:42 AM
Post #6
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

Strange ranking.
Where is Russia ?

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 16 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #7
don't lose your way
Member No.: 12,929

I have been to South Africa and it was amazingly beautiful. My favourites would be a view I had while climbing down Table Mountain, standing at the edge of the Cape taking in the view, and seeing giant waves crash onto the Atlantic shore. But based on what I know rather than what I've seen, I would not have picked it for the top spot. It's a great country to visit and was the trip of a lifetime, but in my head, compared to even those other African countries, it seems less exotic and less naturally beautiful to me.

I'd put New Zealand or Argentina at the top personally. The latter has vast spaces which seem so beautifully melancholy and New Zealand has so many special places, it's like a European nation that got left untapped and is all the better for it.

For those missing I'd choose Thailand (although to be fair pretty much all of SE Asia could merit a place), Iceland, Austria (from the places I've been to in that vs in Switzerland I'd put Austria out ahead but then Switzerland was also lovely) maybe a Middle Eastern country as well.

+Quote Post
:')
post May 16 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #8
tidal certified artist
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,764

Omg the critical acclaim

PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN

+Quote Post
post May 16 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #9
tidal certified artist

QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 16 2015, 11:57 AM) *
I have been to South Africa and it was amazingly beautiful. My favourites would be a view I had while climbing down Table Mountain, standing at the edge of the Cape taking in the view, and seeing giant waves crash onto the Atlantic shore. But based on what I know rather than what I've seen, I would not have picked it for the top spot. It's a great country to visit and was the trip of a lifetime, but in my head, compared to even those other African countries, it seems less exotic and less naturally beautiful to me.

I'd put New Zealand or Argentina at the top personally. The latter has vast spaces which seem so beautifully melancholy and New Zealand has so many special places, it's like a European nation that got left untapped and is all the better for it.

For those missing I'd choose Thailand (although to be fair pretty much all of SE Asia could merit a place), Iceland, Austria (from the places I've been to in that vs in Switzerland I'd put Austria out ahead but then Switzerland was also lovely) maybe a Middle Eastern country as well.

Bitch take a seat please

+Quote Post
Sugarplumberella
post May 16 2015, 10:10 AM
Post #10
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Member No.: 9,403

omg yes tanzania get that glowin review on metacritic sweetie

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 16 2015, 10:13 AM
Post #11
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

01. Aquafina

+Quote Post
post May 16 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #12
tidal certified artist

South Africa is indeed a NATURAL BEAUTY

Don't listen to Iz guys

With more than 20,000 different plants, or about 10% of all the known species of plants on Earth,[citation needed]South Africa is particularly rich in plant diversity. The most prevalent biome in South Africa is the grassland, particularly on the Highveld, where the plant cover is dominated by different grasses, low shrubs, and acacia trees, mainly camel-thorn and whitethorn. Vegetation becomes even more sparse towards the northwest due to low rainfall. There are several species of water-storing succulents like aloes and euphorbias in the very hot and dry Namaqualand area. The grass and thorn savannah turns slowly into a bush savannah towards the north-east of the country, with denser growth. There are significant numbers of baobab trees in this area, near the northern end of Kruger National Park.[73]

The Fynbos biome, which makes up the majority of the area and plant life in the Cape floristic region, one of the six floral kingdoms, is located in a small region of the Western Cape and contains more than 9,000 of those species, making it among the richest regions on earth in terms of plant diversity.[citation needed] Most of the plants are evergreen hard-leaf plants with fine, needle-like leaves, such as the sclerophyllous plants. Another uniquely South African flowering plant group is the genus Protea. There are around 130 different species of Protea in South Africa.

While South Africa has a great wealth of flowering plants, only 1% of South Africa is forest, almost exclusively in the humid coastal plain of KwaZulu-Natal, where there are also areas of Southern Africa mangroves in river mouths. There are even smaller reserves of forests that are out of the reach of fire, known as montane forests. Plantations of imported tree species are predominant, particularly the non-native eucalyptus and pine

We are not EXOTIC. Who needs to be exotic when within every 10kms you find yourself in a different type of natural beauty biome? The thousand of wild animals species and the mountains (OMG THE MOUNTAINS!!!) also says HAI

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 16 2015, 10:19 AM
Post #13
don't lose your way

I LOVED SOUTH AFRICA KATH mad.gif

It's just there's so much competition out there.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 16 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #14
don't lose your way

Oh and yes, the difference between Cape Town and a little area a few miles to the east was really interesting, completely different sort of biome, from hot and dry plains to something that clearly got a whole lot more rain and was very green.

+Quote Post
post May 16 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #15
tidal certified artist

QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 16 2015, 12:19 PM) *
I LOVED SOUTH AFRICA KATH mad.gif

It's just there's so much competition out there.

All this competition

But do they have the 11 official language, xenophobic and load shedding ESSENCE of South Africa? ;o

I think only FIJI comes close

+Quote Post
post May 16 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #16
tidal certified artist

QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 16 2015, 12:22 PM) *
Oh and yes, the difference between Cape Town and a little area a few miles to the east was really interesting, completely different sort of biome, from hot and dry plains to something that clearly got a whole lot more rain and was very green.

Did you manage a trip to Golden Gate / Knysna / Kruger National Park / Durban

There is so much more variety outisde of Cape Town. The Buzzfeed article really gives a very apt description imo

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 16 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #17
don't lose your way

QUOTE(Kath ♡ @ May 16 2015, 11:29 AM) *

Did you manage a trip to Golden Gate / Knysna / Kruger National Park / Durban

There is so much more variety outisde of Cape Town. The Buzzfeed article really gives a very apt description imo

Not at the time no, sadly, it was a trip to visit my cousins and it was basically 3 weeks seeing the Cape Town area. They live in Durban now though so if I ever got the opportunity to go out again I'd probably be able to see that.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 16 2015, 10:37 AM
Post #18
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I want to visit South Africa, Kath do you have a place to stay for me?

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post May 16 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #19
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

Surprised that Iceland isn't on there! Definitely one of the most beautiful countries I've visited, maybe it's too obvious?

+Quote Post
post May 16 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #20
tidal certified artist

QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 16 2015, 12:34 PM) *
Not at the time no, sadly, it was a trip to visit my cousins and it was basically 3 weeks seeing the Cape Town area. They live in Durban now though so if I ever got the opportunity to go out again I'd probably be able to see that.

Durban is a lot more exotic and up your street hun. There isn't even such a thing as a winter there. The culture is entirely different there as well, VERY eastern and asian and banana and vervet monkey

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:43 PM