BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who will be relegated?, Hull or Newcastle
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Who do you think will be relegated?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
ML Hammer95
post May 22 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,265

The "Greatest League In The World" has followed a predictable script this season, but there's one last chance of drama; the final relegation spot. Its down to two teams, after the relegation picture cleared following the good form of Leicester, Villa and Sunderland.

Hull have it all to do, they must beat Man United on Sunday or else they are down. If they win however, Newcastle must beat West Ham in order to stay up. Considering the form of Carver's team this year, that's no means a given despite the woeful form West Ham are in.

Thoughts on this then? Personally, I think Hull are down but I'd prefer Newcastle to drop.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post May 22 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Considering Steve Bruce has failed to beat Manchester United ever since he first went to management. You'll have to say that Hull City will be relegated. Although I would prefer Newcastle United to be relegated considering the very poor form they've shown since Carver took over and the business surrounding their owner, Mike Ashley.

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post May 22 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

On that Bruce vs. United record, it just could happen that he breaks that chain in the most important match. United have only won 6 on the road all season I believe & with nothing to play for could follow their recent tradition and field some youngsters. It has the feel of a draw though which of course won't be enough.

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post May 23 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member

Even split between people wanting Hull and Newcastle to go down. In an ideal world, both would drop. laugh.gif Whereas most people won't really notice Hull going down, Newcastle dropping would provide a chuckle at least.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 23 2015, 09:39 AM
Post #5
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

As a Hull fan I've got to be optimistic, and that shows with me being the only one predicting Newcastle to finish 18th. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post May 23 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Gage @ May 23 2015, 10:39 AM) *
As a Hull fan I've got to be optimistic, and that shows with me being the only one predicting Newcastle to finish 18th. laugh.gif

Where do you think its gone wrong this season for Hull then!?

I remember we drew 2-2 with Hull in September in a very good match between two attacking teams. Never thought you'd be in relegation trouble after that.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 23 2015, 10:33 AM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ May 23 2015, 10:52 AM) *
Where do you think its gone wrong this season for Hull then!?

I remember we drew 2-2 with Hull in September in a very good match between two attacking teams. Never thought you'd be in relegation trouble after that.

Where do I start? laugh.gif
  • Heightened expectations due to the "on paper" strength of the team meant a lot of people thought we'd be pushing for 10-12th place. Maybe the players got complacent early on?
  • Lengthy injuries to key players i.e. Jelavic, Diame, Snodgrass etc. meaning we had to panic buy during the January transfer window, and at one point having 8 first team players injured at the same time.
  • Loss of form from some of our other key players (Huddlestone, Livermore and Davies spring to mind).
  • Ongoing trouble off the pitch with the name change debacle and a divide amongst the fans causing an unpleasant atmosphere at match days.
  • Bizarre tactics and formations from Steve Bruce on a number of occasions; players consistently being asked to play in unfamiliar roles and more often than not trying to defend a 1-0 rather than attack to try and get a second (the amount of late goals we've conceded trying to park the bus drama.gif).
If it wasn't for the inability of other teams like Newcastle we'd already be down.

This post has been edited by Gage: May 23 2015, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post May 23 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #8
Ebenezer...
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Think Hull, but would honestly prefer Newcastle to go down (my mother's team, oops). Newcastle have been one of the worst teams I have seen on MOTD and MOTD2 recently.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post May 24 2015, 09:41 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

Hull will definitely be going down as they will not beat Manchester United today but I would prefer Newcastle to go down due to their woeful form recently. Newcastle will lose against West Ham I think.

If Hull did manage to stay up then it would be the greatest escape in Premier League history in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 24 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #10
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Going to Say Hull. Can see them getting a result against Man Utd, but think Newcastle will better it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:17 AM