BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anyone IRL know about BuzzJack?, (apart from YOU obvz)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Michael Bubré
post May 29 2015, 06:27 PM
Post #1
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Fellow citizens of this wondrous website ~ Have you ever mentioned BuzzJack to people in real life / do other people in real life know you are a member here, or is it rather something you'd prefer to keep hidden from all but the other Internet strangers we share it with?

My dad vaguely knows about the site just because he asked about it once. Aside from that no one else I know knows about this site unless they happen to have stumbled across it independently somehow (which I hope they HAVEN'T cos it would be v awk if anyone from real life recognised me on here oop).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 29 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Ooh very much like our convo last night. kink.gif but as I said, my family know that I listen to the charts alongside 'the chart forum' on Sunday's but I don't think they know about BJSC/the fact I talk to so many of you outside of the site. They have noticed I've been spending a lot of time here recently, though.

I frequent this site a lot during free periods so my friends know it as 'the music website' I browse. One friend also was being nosey and said "who's Brayden?" when I was sending a whatsapp message. laugh.gif I'd find it too strange for people I know IRL to be on here, I love the escapism of this being a completely different place to my 'real' life.

This post has been edited by Jade: May 29 2015, 06:33 PM

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post May 29 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #3
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

It's my dirty little secret.

I hope no one I know IRL ever stumbles across here, esp when they discover I've made 10,000+ posts!! It's weird that it's such a big part of my life and I've kinda grown up as a teenager with it yet no one else knows about you lot!

This post has been edited by Kl▲mzee: May 29 2015, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post May 29 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

When I've talked about Buzzjack to people. They've said to me it's a waste of time. Hardly a waste of time for me this.

But I don't really talk much about it to people to be honest.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post May 29 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #5
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

People have seen me using it in school and have asked me about it, so I told them what it is but didn't try and get them to sign up lol, I'm more open on here than in real life so would rather it was still my secret, as such laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post May 29 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #6
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Surprised so many of you keep it a "secret" too ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 29 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #7
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have obviously mentioned it to my brother, as he's made a few posts here, and I have actually mentioned to other members of my family, my mum in the guise of 'I'm responsible on the internet' and one of my cousins, who's on plenty of forums himself, in the guise of 'by the way, I have the power to completely mess up this rather large site up should I choose to'. In other words, I have bragged about being a GM in real life. I am indeed that cool.

No one I am not related to by blood knows about this though and I plan to keep it that way. Not that I'd mind if people I know started reading my posts too much but there's no reason to ever bring it up and it'd be hard to explain how this fits into my real life.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 29 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

One of my friends (well, we don't talk as much now but that's another story) is on here, but only posts in the sports forum and that's sparse! I think I've seen him post in the Lounge like once and I think on some sort of music thread, I don't remember the song but I remembered we discussed it in real life and he found the thread on here too laugh.gif The others have just vaguely seen me on it during free periods etc. and I've just said it's a site to talk about music. If I tell anyone about something funny from here or if one of you comment on my FB or something, I just say "my internet friend" laugh.gif

Also my mum knows, vaguely. She used to do NMTBJ with me when they came up and she tested my rounds (the recent one and the ones a couple of years ago). I'll try to keep it a secret that I partake in BJSC and make my own personal chart every week though oops.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post May 29 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #9
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I wish.

+Quote Post
M.
post May 29 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Well I'm here because another member who's a friend in real life told me about it and I signed up too. I'm glad he felt comfortable enough to tell me about it. I have mentioned it to friends and family as well, one friend even made an account but he doesn't post. So I don't really keep it a secret but it's not like I would ever post a Facebook status about it or something, because it would be weird if people I used to know in school looked it up and read my posts etc.

This post has been edited by Mattias: May 29 2015, 07:01 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post May 29 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

My sister knows of it and even used to browse when I first joined up. My family know I post on a music interest forum but don't know what it's called because they're not particularly interested. I don't speak of it to my friends because it's just not relevant to any of our discussions.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 29 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #12
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I think my brother has seen me browsing this but apart from that, nothing. He probably doesn't even remember or know Buzzjack as a thing

+Quote Post
dancember
post May 29 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #13
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

my parents and brother know about buzzjack but that's it (and I live in the same house as them so it would be hard to keep it a secret). my brother also knows about plug dj oop, but as his music taste is far removed from mine/buzzjack's in general there's no way he would want to join, plus he gives 0.01% of a shit about the charts (like most people outside of chart music forums), so all is good. I wouldn't want anyone else to know and I have made a point about that to said people who do.

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 29 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE('Dan @ May 29 2015, 08:08 PM) *
my brother also knows about plug dj

Oh gosh, my dad saw me on it a couple of months ago, asked me what the concept of it was and said, "can I play a Take That song?" laugh.gif definitely not the right place for that x

+Quote Post
Jester
post May 29 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #15
On Hold
Member No.: 12

My friends know about it as 'that weird chart music website' I post on. Odd that so many of us have this as a guilty secret.

+Quote Post
dancember
post May 29 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #16
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ May 29 2015, 08:12 PM) *
Oh gosh, my dad saw me on it a couple of months ago, asked me what the concept of it was and said, "can I play a Take That song?" laugh.gif definitely not the right place for that x

Depends what Take That song it is though, some of theirs have universal appeal even on buzzjack (I'd be annoyed if Patience got mehed off)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 29 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #17
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Patience is a horror.

The Flood >>>>>>

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post May 29 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #18
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

My sister knows about BJSC, from telling her about her faves The Summer Set/Jake Miller being entered ohmy.gif It also gives me the chance to brag to her about my life-defining accomplishments (i.e. my two wins)

+Quote Post
_____
post May 29 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #19
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

One of my best friends made a thread here once.

If it's thought that some Take That songs are liked among Buzzjack, you can count Shine out. One of my most disliked songs ever.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post May 29 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #20
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Member No.: 11,709

My family KNOW about it, but have never been curious enough to check it out thankfully, as I'm MUCH more open on here than irl. Most of my friends know about it though, partly in the same way as Iz with the 'Oh I'm a GLOBAL MOD' line to make me seem cool and important, but mostly because even when I'm on holiday or whatever I always make a morning/evening visit and they can't help be NOTICE.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:43 AM