BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> death
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ionderella
post Jun 1 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #1
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Probs thread #341 about this but yeah do you think about death? Are you afraid of it? What do you think happens after you die? Is Madonna going to live forever?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Jun 1 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #2
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Won't lie, it generally scares me shitless. gotta live it up while you can I suppose~

It's funny those times when i try to imagine what it's like when you die. But then chances are nothing actually happens? So it's like trying to imagine nothing, that's kind of a scary thought. If that makes any sense to anyone. I'll shut up now.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jun 1 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #3
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I don't tend to think about it very much, it is inevitable and it will happen at random so you just need to live life however you feel is BEST. I mean it's clear (in my opinion, your honour) that nothing happens after you die, but that's obviously not an issue given you, y'know, have ceased to exist anyway. I don't think that's a comforting view, but it's also not a pessimistic one. It's reality, life ends. So what.

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Jun 1 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #4
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

I must admit I'm more afraid of -immense- pain and suffering than death per se.

I have more of an issue with time. It really gets to me as years go by and I realise how older people get.

To answer the rest of your questions, I don't think anything happens (to you) after death and Medoner is obviously going to live forever, the Legend she is.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 1 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I also have it on good authority that Madge is immortal.

But oh gosh death, mainly one of the reasons that used to keep me awake for hours upon end at night. Love a good existential crisis. Hmm I just don't know, I like to think that there is an afterlife of some sort but really I tell myself that for comforting reasons. I just don't know. The very thought that it is all going to end is terrifying but I try not to let it bother me on a day-to-day basis like it used to. As aforementioned, you never know when it'll abruptly hit so it's best to just make the best of each day and do whatever it is that makes you happy. Such a bizarre and terrifying thing to think about though, endless possibilities.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jun 1 2015, 03:16 PM
Post #6
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

When your dead, your dead cant do f*** all about it.

+Quote Post
April
post Jun 1 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #7
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

I love Toby for his philosophical insight wub.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 1 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Not going to think what's at the end of the tunnel but instead enjoy going though the tunnel.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 1 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #9
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

don't really think about death much, and when I'm dead I still won't be able to think about it, because I'd be dead. It's life, shit happens I guess

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jun 1 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #10
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of it, I tend to hope that I'll live into my 80s and that by then I may have 'had enough' of life or feel like my time has come. Idk. And if I don't live that long, s***.

I don't believe in heaven I don't think but the possibility of there being an afterlife where you 'live' forever and ever and ever etc. etc. is more scary to me, trying to think about that. I'd like to be reincarnated as a cat or a duck if that is at all possible gods~

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Jun 3 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #11
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I hate the thought of the last moment when it's painful inevitably because you have to let go!

+Quote Post
jjake
post Jun 5 2015, 03:43 AM
Post #12
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

last night I found out that the cancer my grandmother is battling is terminal. terminal is such a strange word, it's very FINAL with an emphasis on they'll stop, your mind switches from pie in the sky, blind faith, false hope (however you like to cynically articulate it) and reality speaks for itself. the western world teaches us to believe in fairy tales, that it'll all end happily ever after, everyone will be okay and there is always a positive solution of way out. that reality is a total rouse. sometimes there is no happy ever after, no before or after. sometimes people are unable to beat what has inflicted them. this is due to no character flaw or what have you, it's the lottery of life and we're all in the game.

and when that lottery ends things definitively what do you do? we as humans act on impulse and in the moment. to know your time is limited, to know your time has been boxed, terminated, won't continue in the same sense as prior. my grandmother has been a trailblazer through life, at the centre of the anti-apartheid movement in London, she helped me get 100% in my English literarure synoptic. she has such a legacy and I'm sure feels the ability to let go with greater ease and less fuss than everybody around her.

losing her will be so hard but I'm blessed to have had her and the positive difference she has made to my life (hence this essay at bullshite o'clock) but it's increcible that people can touch you in that way. I'm sure everyone has a casually similar set of circumstances.

as joanna newsom has sang so truthfully: "scrape your knee iit is only skin". life is so precious and spectacular and we all so easily lose sight of that. death or death upon the horizon shakes is out of it but it's never easier to digest but always filled with a beauty and caring.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jun 5 2015, 10:03 AM
Post #13
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I think about Death all the time and I'm not afraid to die either.

Also if Ghosts ARE real then that's great to know there is some sort of existence after life however the day science proves they exist well I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

and Jake I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's must be such a difficult thing to face knowing that your time is limited etc... My sister told me that My own grandmother had cancer and when I asked my mother she point blank denied it although points out that she's only 5.5 stone and has a 'Shadow in her lung'. So I'm not too sure what to belive. I'd guess my mother is in Denial even after what she went through with my grandmother when she was a Child.

The more I think about it the more I hope it's not true. I don't really talk to any of my family but I can't even remember the last time I spoke to my grandmother and I'm pretty sure it'll make me reevaluate my family priorities if it is true but I don't even want to think about it.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jun 5 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #14
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

So sorry too guys. sad.gif My grandma died from lung cancer last year 2 days before turning 85 so I understand what you two mean sad.gif

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Jun 5 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #15
Ebenezer...
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Yes I do think about it, but it is inevitable and the final destination for everyone in the end. I have formed a list of things to do before kicking the bucket. I have done one or two already, for instance books I wish to read. I have read nearly 30 of the books I wish to read and I have revisited a place I enjoyed seeing, King's College Chapel, Cambridge.

On another note, I think of how I deal with the death of loved ones. Over a period of nearly 2 years, I lost both my aunt and my grandmother. My aunt was killed in a head on car crash instantly and my grandmother died after a long illness which resulted in her being housebound for many years.

Take the former, it was a big shock and I never got to say good bye. I never got to know my aunt the way I know my surviving aunt today. Other side of the coin, it was instant and she didn't suffer.

The latter I got used to the idea that my grandmother was dying, the difficulty was watching her suffer for so long. In the end I had time to adapt but the end was a relief to know she was no longer suffering.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jun 5 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I think about death probably a bit too much. Just in the past year or so it has become fascinating for me. I always wonder what happens. I read somewhere, and I think it's according to people who have had near-death experiences and then have returned, that you see a light, dead relatives, your own body from the outside and you get a review of your life. I don't know if I believe all of that, but the life review seems really cool actually tongue.gif Apparently your angels or whatever show you a "video" of your life and then together you decide whether you should return to Earth or whether you have lived your life well and fully enough in order to not return. Oh and apparently you also feel a sense of immense peace and you don't want to return.

I think re-incarnation is also possible. I don't know why, I just do.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 5 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I got scared a lot about it when I was younger and was terrified, and I still get scared sometimes. It was mostly when I was about 12 as my grandpa died of bladder cancer and my grandma of stomach cancer not long after that and just a few weeks before they died they were laughing and joking. I think you're more affected in the long run if a person close to you dies of a long term illness than a heart attack of something like that. Because I was more upset about my grandpa and grandma months after they died. If a relative died of a heart attack I think the initial shock would be worse but months after it happened you would've got over it better. That's just my opinion though, I've never experienced that in real life.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 09:03 PM