BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2015, June 8th · Apple Music, OS X, iOS, Watch OS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jun 2 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Apple's 2015 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is taking place next week and could possibly showcase iOS 9, OS X 10.11 Gala, a new Apple TV and Apple Watch Updates. But what makes this conference more interesting to Buzzjack than normal is that it is very likely that Apple will launch their new music streaming service possibly titled Apple Music, which began with their purchase of Beats Music, which will also be part of Apple's upcoming iOS 8.4 update.

If I'm ever to make a switch to streaming, it is more than likely going to be Apple so I'm very intrigued to see what they come up with. I'm also interested in what updates they have planned for iOS 9 too as always!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 2 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #2
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

if it's expensive/not better than spotify then I hope it flops as much as tidal. I'm very bappy with Spotify right now but like apple so intrigued as to what their streaming service will do.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 2 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It's apparently going to match Spotify in price, but won't have a free tier (and are trying to stop Spotify being allowed to have a free tier themselves) - but may have a couple of months free trial on launch. Of course Apple's key advantage is that with one iOS update they can have their streaming service on millions of iOS devices instantly, it'll all depend if they can get lots of people to pay the subscription!

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 2 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder if Apple will convince Taylor Swift to put her songs on the service if there's no free version then thinking.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jun 2 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Apple does have the advantage of having a near monopoly over the paid market so should have no issue getting record labels on side. (At least in theory. Plus they have iTunes Radio that does streaming already)

Interested to see the latest OS X update. Imagine nothing will change much as Mavericks was a huge change and they tend to cycle between big and small changes to OS X. Really need to get round to updating to iOS 8.3 at some point.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 2 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE('Dan @ Jun 2 2015, 05:27 PM) *
I wonder if Apple will convince Taylor Swift to put her songs on the service if there's no free version then thinking.gif

It's an interesting question, I think they will manage it considering there won't be a free version. There was an article about Apple chasing Taylor (and a few others) in particular here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/app...ervice-20150411

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 8 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Apple Music has launched! (Well it will do on June 30th!)

Here's an overview for now: http://www.apple.com/uk/music/discover/

Also announced were updates to OS X, iOS and Apple Watch OS. I'm just catching up on everything now!

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 8 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
   No Gallery Pics

this is all well and good, and with the 3 month free trial I will definitely have a go at it.

what I really want to know is if I can easily scrobble what I listen to on Apple Music to last.fm? thinking.gif I see no mention of that in the link

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 8 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Last.fm will probably make a plug-in like there is for iTunes, or the current plug-in will possibly still work anyway seeing as it is still the iTunes program just completely revamped.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 8 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I think I will use this, it's great value for the amount I buy/listen to each month. It'll presumably actually have Taylor Swift on it too which really niggles me about Spotify when I create playlists of my favourite songs, singers, year end playlists etc. laugh.gif I have so many gaps thanks to her.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 8 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

Not sure, I'll use the trial and see if it's any good.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jun 8 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #12
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

This does like very good tbh. Ryan and another have got me very excited about it cool.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jun 8 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #13
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I don't see whats so different to Spotify that people are so excited about it? laugh.gif It's the same price (or even more expensive for students) and if it weren't Apple, it would be going the same way as Tidal. It's just Apple using their dominance to force themselves into the market.

(having said that I will be taking advantage of the 3 free months ph34r.gif)

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 8 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I think the big advantage is the fact that it is Apple and will therefore integrate seamlessly with iOS devices and iTunes libraries that many people have, that's the big drawing point for me anyway especially as I find the Spotify interface horrible.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jun 9 2015, 07:25 AM
Post #15
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

Very interested in signing up for the music thing. I have a spotify account but only the free one. I've read that Apple is $9.99 a month, but has a UK price been announced yet? Also, with your iTunes library it says it stores the entire thing on iCloud but I thought you can only get 5gb on the iCloud (I've never used it before), I have way more music on my library than 5gb. Anyway it looks interesting, but maybe I should reread everything again later after a good sleep laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 9 2015, 08:51 AM
Post #16
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Will there be student discount? #CheapHoesCan'tAffordATennerAMonth

This post has been edited by *Tim: Jun 9 2015, 08:51 AM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 9 2015, 01:05 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

They haven't mentioned one yet, and if one was to appear they probably wouldn't announce it until after the 3 month free trial anyway. However they have announced a family plan for up to 6 people for $14.99, massively undercutting Spotify who offer a plan for 5 people for $29.99 I believe.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jun 30 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

First impressions are good, the interface is very nice and much easier on my eyes than Spotify/Deezer.

I like being able to stream music videos too (I know I have Youtube for that but still... laugh.gif)

There seems to be a wider range of music than on other services, Alice Deejay's back catalogue for example is on here whereas it's missing from Deezer. I still doubt I'll use it much as I'd mainly use it to listen to compilation albums and these are still either missing (no Now albums whatsoever sad.gif) or bitty, with only certain tracks available to stream.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jun 30 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #19
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

Liking it so far, but still getting used to it. I'm not sure how to 'add to my music' as well atm, because it says it requires iCloud music library, so I go to settings but can't seem to turn it on unsure.gif I've had a little look around twitter and it seems other people are having similar issues?

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jun 30 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #20
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

How do you get it or find it?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:42 PM