BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spam threads, thoughts?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
RobBob
post Jun 3 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #1
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

WELL. Clearly this is causing some form of debate over in threads not asking for a debate over it... so let's create a thread of which we can on topic air our views on it magic.gif.

How do you feel about games like The Hunger Games? Why do you believe they're of more value than threads such as "socks rate" which could be viewed as equally spammy but with a subjective form of humour tacked onto it? Are they both perfectly acceptable? Are they both dragging the forum down?

AIR YOUR VIEWS, we want to know x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jun 3 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I don't find them spammy if everyone participates in them. I guess it is just that time of the year where we are all looking for something to do on Buzzjack. Personally, I am craving something like Teams / Big Brother or a popularity contest to liven the forum up a bit.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 3 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

Depends, Quassandra's takeover of spadam's thread was just funny, spamming didn't come into it, but I felt starting a THIRD hunger games thread was spamming as it obviously wouldn't work.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 3 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Well The Hunger Games threads are a lot more interesting than the likes of the "Socks Rate" for me!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 3 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #5
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Well I think they're complete and utter inanery and they enable Spadam to not get the joke 50,000 more times than usual but that's just me.

Basically, by supporting these threads you are enabling Spadam and that is what's bad about all of it.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jun 3 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #6
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

What it was was regurgitating a site onto the board with no irony and just hope for some funny outcomes. One was fine. Two, making into seasons and treating it like an actual competition, is where these things need to be stopped.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jun 3 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

They are RIDICULOUS but I think that's the point, if they bring us closer and get us all laughing with each other then I'm all for it. Personally, I prefer games where we actually take part like in Cassandra's new game too but I see no reason why they can't run alongside each other, especially as the HG thread will run out of steam I expect pretty soon.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 3 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #8
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 3 2015, 04:32 PM) *
What it was was regurgitating a site onto the board with no irony and just hope for some funny outcomes. One was fine. Two, making into seasons and treating it like an actual competition, is where these things need to be stopped.

Agreed, once is an instance but twice is a hobby!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jun 3 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #9
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I don't mind spam threads in general, but it's about finding the right balance. One or two for every 10/20 ACTUAL discussion threads is fine. I don't think one bad thread or one spammy thread would ever put people off joining up to Buzzjack (I mean, realistically, The Lounge isn't their most likely entry point anyway) but at the same time it doesn't do our reputation as a site much good if that's ALL we're known for.

The Hunger Games thread wasn't a bad idea as a one off event, but as Iz says making it into some kind of competition when there is zero to it other than randomisation is a step too far.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jun 3 2015, 03:54 PM
Post #10
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

If funny, spam threads are ok. The Hunger Games one looked quite good but alas, I have no TIME to read things like that properly and enjoy. Although that is my problem rather than anyone else's.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 3 2015, 04:00 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I can't particularly bring myself to care about these simulation things but if people are reading them, enjoying them and commenting on them I see no problem. Maybe only as a one-off though I agree, we don't need them ALL the time.

But some "spam" threads happening rarely IS fine. The humourous ones I mean, they're part of our community and show off the charm and sense of humour of certain posters.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jun 3 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #12
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

There wasn't much of a problem with The Hunger Games thread especially if everyone was taking part and enjoying it, although I would maybe have just left it in the June thread and not made a thread of it's own, only because it was a randomly generated thing, just leaving the link in a post in the off topic thread would have been enough. Maybe if Adam had done a proper interactive competition that was based on The Hunger Games then that would have been more acceptable as people would be actively participating in it, where we chose our own districts or made up our own scenarios, did different challenges etc, something like that could still be an option I guess unsure.gif

+Quote Post
_____
post Jun 3 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #13
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

It's good in the sense that people have got an outlet to use their time in the way they see fit, but it does lead myself to become less attached to this section of the forum as a result.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jun 3 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I Really don't see the problem if it's done infrequently and as for why it would put some people off the lounge I don't understand cause it happens once in a blue moon. I've even started a couple of successful spammy threads that involved quite a lot of people and were quite fun.

This post has been edited by JSG: Jun 3 2015, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jun 3 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #15
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

The joke ones 'e.g. Jade's weekend rate and the skype clique thing' are so spammy. They're just a bit embarrassing.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jun 3 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #16
'Run Away With Me'

QUOTE(Kl▲mzee @ Jun 3 2015, 06:45 PM) *
The joke ones 'e.g. Jade's weekend rate and the skype clique thing' are so spammy. They're just a bit embarrassing.

well I agree that those are spammy but technically so was my word association thread laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 3 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #17
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Threads that are clearly catered for inside jokes between certain members here are spammy and totally pointless IMO, but some of the others ones are fairly fun, at times.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 3 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #18
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

If I can banned from spamming so can Qassandra. Either that or the Spadam racism is real sad.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jun 3 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #19
'Run Away With Me'

QUOTE(TheSpunGerGames @ Jun 3 2015, 07:36 PM) *
If I can banned from spamming so can Qassandra. Either that or the Spadam racism is real sad.gif

omg adam shut the f*** up and deal with it. hunger games was a stupid idea. There was literally nothing for the members to do except get killed off randomly by you. That really is just spam. Qass thread gives all the members input into the thread and let's them take part thus making it a decent thread and not spam.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Jun 3 2015, 06:55 PM
Post #20
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I briefly suspended you because I was getting bored of deleting abusive messages every 2 seconds. You are fully aware you were just being a petty annoyance and Tirren's thread is of VASTLY more worth than yours ever was (and I say this as someone who ENJOYED the Hunger Games thread). Plus as I said in the thread Tirren's spam was at least amusing. Posting the word 'spam' and phrases from a 12 year old insult generator is just a waste of everyone's time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:24 AM