BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gaming and Tech weekly round up | 11/06/15, LATEST NEWS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Jun 11 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

Hi and welcome to a new weekly thread from myself and Oliver (Gage). We're here to bring you the biggest news of the week in the world of gaming and technology, as well as offer information on upcoming releases and other useful information (all in the hope of breathing a bit of life into the gaming and technology aspect of The Lounge). happy.gif

Every Thursday evening we'll be alternating, bringing you bitesize chunks of what's making the headlines during that week, with links for further reading at your own leisure!

PS. There will be a banner made for future editions starting from next week since I'm a lazy bast*rd and forgot! laugh.gif

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

Continuing from last week's little excerpt, it seems that you will receive a little notification on your icon tray as long as your running Windows 7/8/8.1. Anyway I received my own and it stated that if you preorder it through their link that they give you when you click the icon, you get a full version of Windows Ten instead of the 1 year trial. (Atleast that's what it said when I myself clicked it. That it was a full upgrade and not the trial.) Everywhere is saying it's a one year upgrade though, so wait to see what it says on your notification tray.

MORE ON WINDOWS TEN HERE

Sony Releases The Xperia z4 in Japan as the z3+ worldwide

Sony has by now established it's biannual flagship upgrades leaving users with an outdated phone every 6 months which is a bit shady but Sony have now taken things in a different direction although it's slightly confusing. They released their new flagship phone, The Sony Xperia z4 in Japan 2 Months ago and for some reason have renamed it go the z3+ for the rest of the world. Clearly it's a slight upgrade rather than a full-blown new device.

YOU CAN READ ABOUT THE DEVICE HERE
YOU CAN READ ABOUT THE ABOVE STORY HERE

Microsoft and Sony to Release their current consoles with new 1TB (terabyte) Hard drive

Yes you heard right. 250GB AND 500GB just don't cut it anymore when it comes to gaming especially with how massive games are becoming and how many people actually download their games instead of playing from disc.

YOU CAN GET MORE INFORMATION HERE INC. PRICES

Electronic Entertainment Expo [E3]

YOU CAN VIEW THE BUZZJACK THREAD HERE

E3 CONFERENCE SCHEDULE HERE

Broadband Customers eligible to leave contracts early

Obviously there is a catch but it probably affects a good few of us here on buzzjack and worldwide. If you regularly receive broadband speeds below what is stated when you buy your package you are now eligible to get out of your contract without a charge.

READ MORE ON THIS HERE

Upcoming Game Releases

23/06/16

Batman | Arkham Knight

Devil May Cry 4 | Special Edition

Oliver will be back next week with a brand new banner cheer.gif And next week's round up of news w00t.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 11 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Regarding the qindows 10 upgrade, does anyone know if I'll lose all ofmy files if I upgrade? I'm assuming I will but just wanna make sure

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 11 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't think so, as long as you don't pick the option to do a completely clean install (which restores everything to how it'd be if bought from the shop) then all your files should cross over fine, likewise all your installed programs and whatever else you have. Of course it's wise to back up your files onto another computer/hard drive just in case, but I've never had the issue of losing files when upgrading Windows in the past.

When the time comes I'm sure it'll be clearly outlined before you press the Upgrade button anyway, but based on past experience then you shouldn't lose anything.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 11 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #4
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

Oh that's great. I've never upgraded before as I always kept the one installed already, but might give 10 a try.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 11 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

These were the exact details for upgrading to an early beta/preview version of Windows 10, I presume it'll be the same for the final version:

So if you have Windows 7 or later then you'll be fine!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 11 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #6
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

Nice, I got 8.1 so I should be fine if I decide to upgrade.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 11 2015, 06:00 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

If you wanted to check whether all your programs are compatible, if you have that Windows icon in the bottom right of the screen (the system tray) you can click that. Then if you click the 3 lines in the top left of the pop-up screen, at the bottom of the list just above the "Get Help" option, you'll get a "Check Your PC" option (or if your PC is absolutely compatible then it might say something like "Your PC is Ready") and it'll tell you whether there will be any issues. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 11 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I want to upgrade as I still haven't even got 8.1 yet laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 11 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #9
Jemma Lucy of t Seet

hmmm let me not then, it says my graphis card is not completely compatible so there might be some issues there. Thanks Ryan biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 11 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Ah good that you've found that out! biggrin.gif The only issue with mine is that Norton Security may not work properly, but Norton have already shown me a pop-up that says they will release a new version before 10 is released.

+Quote Post
Coral5
post Jun 11 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #11
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

I still use XP. Best Windows ever.

+Quote Post
Matt Aloud
post Jun 11 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #12
#GirlsAloudTEN I Just Wanna Dance #GirlsAloudTEN
Member No.: 1,286

Lego Jurassic World is out tomorrow dance.gif heart.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 11 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Broken Heart @ Jun 11 2015, 07:17 PM) *
I still use XP. Best Windows ever.

Is that not like, completely unsupported now? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Coral5
post Jun 11 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #14
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spinning Adam =D @ Jun 11 2015, 10:27 PM) *
Is that not like, completely unsupported now? unsure.gif

Maybe, I don't know.
I did a downgrade from Windows Vista to XP on my notebook. Mostly for my favourite old RPGs and point and click games.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jun 11 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #15
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I was still running XP until I got the iMac last summer. Alex and I absolutely never agree on anything but I also think it's the best version of Windows. Vista was a train wreck, 7 is still poor but is so much better than Vista people forget that it isn't as good as XP and then that new abomination they are pushing makes Vista look incredible.

My experience with upgrading to Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite (from Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks respectively) is that it keeps absolutely everything, even my desktop background! Given that Windows seem to be attempting to go down the OS X route then future upgrades should be less painful than installing a service pack was.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 04:07 PM