BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thee Oh Sees "Mutilator Defeated At Last"
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
PuppiesAre4Ever
post Jun 11 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #1
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

This San Francisco band, here with their 12th album in about the last 10 years (NOT even exaggerating), "Mutilator Defeated at Last" comes packed with a noisy psych-rock sound. The epic and sinister "Web" is a perfect opener, featuring a stop-start vocal performance. And from there we get aggressive tracks such as Withered Hand/Poor Queen/Rogue Planet, along with a few 'slower' cuts like "Sticky Hulks" with some pretty wonderful keyboard sections, and the folky instrumental "Holy Smoke". The upbeat/melodic "Turned Out Light" is a standout here too <3

If this thing sounds interesting to you, you can hear the full album in the youtube vid down below!

tracklist:
1 Web
2 Withered Hand
3 Poor Queen
4 Turned Out Light
5 Lupine Ossuary
6 Sticky Hulks
7 Holy Smoke
8 Rogue Planet
9 Palace Doctor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ϑЃεβϘ
post Jun 14 2015, 10:37 AM
Post #2
I Was Born Free
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,751
   No Gallery Pics

I do like thee oh sees. Really have to give this a listen. I should post more of this kind of stuff but nobody seemed to be listening. Have to get my act together.

+Quote Post
PuppiesAre4Ever
post Jan 4 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #3
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Thee Oh Sees revealed an excellent new single "Fortress" last month, an unheard cut from the Mutilator Defeated At Last sessions, and it's set for a 7" release on February 12 <3

And to my non-shock, they've been working on a brand new album set for release in Spring biggrin.gif!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:34 PM