BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> BUZZJACK CLUEDO. {Confirmations + Instructions}, Who killed Spinning Adam?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 12 2015, 08:16 AM
Post #1
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

hi.gif

Welcome to the first game of Buzzjack Cluedo! biggrin.gif Thanks to Andrew's thread for giving me the idea of making a Buzzjack version of Cluedo tongue.gif

First I need 6 players (not inc. me). The six of you have been called up as suspects for the murder of me, Spinning Adam, and you must all take turns to gather clues about who killed me, which forum I was killed in and the weapon used. For those not familiar with the classic board game the Wikipedia article with instructions and info are found HERE. Of course we are not all sitting around a table holding cards, dice and playing pieces on a board so I will be responsible as host, as I know the three pieces of evidence and who holds which "cards" via PM wink.gif

The object of the game is to go around the 9 forums on each player's turn (called rooms traditionally but they are just labelled as forums in this game to make it more fun, no one actually needs to post in other forums to play) while making suggestions on who killed Spinning Adam, the weapon used and where.

The diagram below shows the layout of the forums (the board). Each of the six players are represented by their avatar and start in the middle forum, labelled as the Lounge. It is a known fact that Spinning Adam was not killed in the Lounge and there will be no such card held by anyone.

Personal Charts |---------------| UK Charts |---------------| Pop

|--| [EMPTY] |-------------------| [EMPTY] |---------------| [EMPTY]

|Indie, Rock & Alternative |---| The Lounge |-----------| RnB & Urban

|-------| [EMPTY] |---------| (Awaiting Players) |---------| [EMPTY]

Dance, Electro & House |-------| Buzzjack Song Contest |-------| Movies

|-------| EMPTY |------------------------| EMPTY |-----------------| EMPTY

Before play, I will PM you players each 4 "cards" that I have randomly picked for you to have, consisting of a mixture of room names, weapons or suspects. You can all eliminate your four items held by you in the PM as they wont be part of the murder. The full list of elements are below:

FORUMS
UK Charts
Personal Charts
Pop
Dance, Electro & House
Rap
Indie, Rock & Alternative
Buzzjack Song Contest
Movies
The Lounge (only used when starting/passing through, the murder did not happen here)

WEAPONS
Broken CD
Boom Box
Beats by Dr Dre
Dena Mixtape
Trumpet
Disco Ball

SUSPECTS
(The six players will go here)

The answer to the room, weapon and suspect "cards" are held by me in my personal notepad and are not revealed until someone makes an accusation of the room (at which I will PM them the answers, if they are correct I can reveal the answers in the thread and if wrong the game continues and the incorrect accuser leaves the game.

After I have PMed all six suspects the "cards", the game starts with the first player who confirmed playing and then play continues in order of confirmation.

On Each Turn...
When it is your go, you can either stay in the forum you currently reside in or move to the next adjacent forum you are in according to the diagram. There are also secret passages leading to other forums indicated on the map magic.gif

After moving (if desired), the player can make a suggestion on the forum, weapon and suspect. They must be in the forum that they want to call and must drag the suspect into the same forum. A suggestion could be something like "JSG in the UK Charts forum with a Dena Mixtape" for example. Then, the player who is next in line for a turn must PM in this case JSG just one of the items JSG has suggested if they hold one. When PMd, the player must state they have received one, or of they did not hold any of the items they must say so in the thread. JSG would then write down (using the personal notepad feature under Edit Profile is recommended, or somewhere other members cannot see) the item PMd to him, as he would then know what is not involved in the crime. Then the next person has their turn.

As play goes on, players will check off more and more suspects, weapons and forums revealed to them by other suspects that they know weren't involved in the crime. When a player thinks they know the three pieces of evidence, they must publicly declare who, with what and where they think it is in the thread and I will then PM them the answer. If the accusation was correct, I will reveal the three evidence publicly in the thread, ending the game and declaring that accuser the winner! winner.gif (who is then invited to be the next host if they wish)

Hoping it's fairly straightforward read mellow.gif and as I said, those who are familiar with Cluedo should already have the gist if gameplay biggrin.gif

I plan to start the game Tonight at 6PM ish where I will make the gameplay thread (just to make things tidier this thread can be used for confirmations and questions on how to play)
If it goes well, another one may just happen (hopefully by another member as I want to play tongue.gif) and would be fun to have maybe 10 players/more weapons since this is really just a test game tongue.gif

So write your confirmations of play below or ask a question and hope to get it up at 6! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Spinning Adam =D: Jun 12 2015, 08:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jun 14 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #2
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Spoiler alert: It's Tyron.

Okay we don't have to play anymore yay tongue.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 14 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Looks like y'all prefer randomly generated scenarios then teresa.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 14 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #4
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

No, we prefer games that aren't run by you x

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 14 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(LexC @ Jun 14 2015, 03:38 PM) *
No, we prefer games that aren't run by you x

How r00d cry.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jun 14 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #6
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Another game drama.gif

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Jun 14 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #7
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

So. Much. Writing. drama.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jun 14 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #8
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

My brain is fried

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jun 14 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #9
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Hotchoc, games are fun and all but they're cropping up way too often and there are posters like me who simply do not have the time to participate/read a thesis of rules.

This post has been edited by T Boy: Jun 14 2015, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jun 14 2015, 09:35 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like there's been enough murders in the lounge recently that I've been involved in so I don't think I'm gonna partake in this, sorry Adam! sleep.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 14 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #11

No worries guys, it's a lot to read tbf, maybe I'll shorten it later on and set a proper date for it another time wink.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jun 14 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

FFS, WE JUST DONT WANT ALL OF THESE INANE GAMES, JUST LEARN HOW TO TAKE A HINT AND DON'T BE SO BLIND TO SOCIAL CUES.

LEARN WHEN A SCHTICK HAS GOTTEN OLD!

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 14 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(LexC @ Jun 14 2015, 11:01 PM) *
FFS, WE JUST DONT WANT ALL OF THESE INANE GAMES, JUST LEARN HOW TO TAKE A HINT AND DON'T BE SO BLIND TO SOCIAL CUES.

calm down :/

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jun 15 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #14
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LexC @ Jun 14 2015, 11:01 PM) *

This lex slayage heart.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jun 15 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #15
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

bullyC

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 15 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Would like a very nice modifier to lock this now as I may start a second attempt later in the month and want a nice clean thread wink.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jun 15 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #17
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Yeah i'll close it for you. Just a little heads up, it's often a good thing to ask one of the moderators before going ahead with one of these things. Not that you need to get permission, but often we can discuss things behind the scenes and assist you with making it more successful tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 01:41 AM