BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists that have yet to put a foot RIGHT~, (musically)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Jun 21 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

A reverse of the other thread, are there any artists that have yet to release a single song that you have liked? Not counting one-hit wonders, they need to at least have some sort of back catalogue.

I am struggling with this one - i am quite open with music so i don't tend to hate the entire output of a single artist as i can usually find something of worth. One of my least favourite artists is Alesha Dixon so i would say her, but then 'Breathe Slow' is lovely so idk. Meghan Trainer and her three singles are repugnant so maybe her too~

You? Try and be subjective and don't just list every single male rapper ever heehee.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jun 21 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #2
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Lykke Li is the only artist that springs to mind. She is very blah

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jun 21 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Maroon 5. But then that's just down mainly to my dislike of Adam Levine's voice.

It's a tough one for me too, I'm trying to think of some other than those who are entirely outside of my taste anyway (Kanye West for example). Kiesza is perhaps one, I've disliked all of the tracks of hers I've heard, and that VOICE, ugh.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jun 21 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #4
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

iamspamspamami

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 21 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #5
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

There are plenty of 00s inide/rock-ish bands, plug.dj last night reminded me of Stereophonics for example, who don't have a single song I like. Others I do like, such as The Kooks, The Fratellis, The View etc., they have songs I do like. I can't really think of many examples, even artists I utterly loathe such as Avril Lavigne or Sophie Ellis Bextor have good songs (When You're Gone, Complicated and I'm With You or Bittersweet and Catch You).

Recently, away from the 00s indie/rock, I'd say Lawson. Pretty much every single they release is just abhorrent and I do not see the appeal AT ALL. The best thing I can say about them is I enjoyed LEarn To Love Again once at a party but everything sounds better when you're drunk. Their best would be Taking Over Me and that's a 5/10 on a VERY good day. Also Sam Smith, solo at least. Latch is the only remotely good song he's ever done.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jun 21 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #6
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

JOHN LEGEND.
SAM SMITH.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jun 21 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #7
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

SCOUTING FOR GIRLS manson.gif

And from recent years I've yet to enjoy a single by Meghan Trainor or Iggy Azalea.

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jun 21 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #8
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

Nicki Minaj

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jun 21 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #9
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Ed Sheeran.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jun 21 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #10
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 21 2015, 08:10 PM) *
There are plenty of 00s inide/rock-ish bands, plug.dj last night reminded me of Stereophonics for example, who don't have a single song I like. Others I do like, such as The Kooks, The Fratellis, The View etc., they have songs I do like. I can't really think of many examples, even artists I utterly loathe such as Avril Lavigne or Sophie Ellis Bextor have good songs (When You're Gone, Complicated and I'm With You or Bittersweet and Catch You).

Recently, away from the 00s indie/rock, I'd say Lawson. Pretty much every single they release is just abhorrent and I do not see the appeal AT ALL. The best thing I can say about them is I enjoyed LEarn To Love Again once at a party but everything sounds better when you're drunk. Their best would be Taking Over Me and that's a 5/10 on a VERY good day. Also Sam Smith, solo at least. Latch is the only remotely good song he's ever done.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jun 21 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #11
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Also, Cheryl. I Don't Care made me delve into other tracks such as Under The Sun etc but still finding it hard to majorly back her.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Jun 21 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #12
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Genuinely struggling to think of ANY (no not even Maroon 5 because 'She Will Be Loved' is a good song when sung by people who are not Adam Levine). The best example I can think of is like Girls' Generation as I hated all of their songs that were in BJSC but that's only like 4 songs so not really enough to judge.

Even Jessie J has 'Wild' which is a great song (if mostly not for her parts). And a few other decent ones.

I think '#Beautiful' was the first Mariah Carey song I ever liked so I could have said her until fairly recently tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Coral5
Post #13
PTTP
Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,865
   No Gallery Pics

From pop mainstream : Natalie Imbruglia

+Quote Post
Oliver
Post #14
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Cher Lloyd. Little cretin.

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Jun 21 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

LMFAO are the closest for me. Everything they've ever released is utterly dreadful with the exception of Let The Bass Kick In Miami, now that's a tune music.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 21 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #16
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Jun 21 2015, 08:19 PM) *
LMFAO are the closest for me. Everything they've ever released is utterly dreadful with the exception of Let The Bass Kick In Miami, now that's a tune music.gif

Oh yes them too. I do love Champagne Showers though and I cannot even expain why... I can't even use the excuse that I love Natalia Kills' discog because it sounds nothing at all like her after it's gone through the autotune!!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jun 21 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Hmm I would've said Nickelback or something but 'Rockstar' and 'How You Remind Me' save them.

This is genuinely a tough one, maybe one of those godawful musical acts that don't even TRY like M.A.D or something.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jun 21 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #18
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

I'd also like to add Andreas Johnson to my list. I've heard better vocals from a French abbatoir.

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Jun 21 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #19
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

Olly Murs, Meghan Trainor, Ella Henderson, Imagine Dragons and iamamiwhoami immediately spring to mind. They're all so bland!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 21 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #20
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Out of the people/artists who are popular? Florence + The Machine for me! 'Kiss With A Fist' is my fave of theirs if I had to choose a favourite, but it's really not a favourite of mine anywhere else... I just can't stand her voice (as I've stated numerous times before). Her songs are much better when done by other people (Glee's versions of 'Dog Days Are Over' & 'Shake It Out' are SO good!).

It used to be Coldplay, but then 'Every Teardrop...' happened wub.gif (the subsequent singles were great too and their album ended up being a nice listen)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 01:56 AM