BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists who have stepped their feet all over the place, Madonna. Thread closed.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 24 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #1
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

What artists have produced some great tunes and then flopped by producing some awful tracks?

Mine straight from the top of my head:

Nicki Minaj. Unfortunately some of her tracks have been IS THIS EVEN MUSIC? moments, such as Anaconda and Stupid Hoe (thank goodness the later was not successful as it is my least favourite of all time drama.gif) however there are a few tracks of hers which I LOVE for example Starships wub.gif music.gif Beauty and a Beat, Pound The Alarm and Turn Me On. Other great track of hers include High School, Pills N Potions, Super Bass, Freedom and many of her other featurings too.

Another one is Iggy Azalea who I dismissed until Fancy came up which got me hooked. She hasn't produced anything terrible since but Pretty Girls was nothing too amazing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jun 24 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #2
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

For me, DJ Fresh. Louder, Hot Right Now, Make U Bounce and Gravity are great, Gold Dust, The Power, The Feeling, Flashlight and Believer are good, but Dibby Dibby Sound is terrible and Earthquake is just atrocious.
Jason Derulo is another one. I love What If, Don't Wanna Go Home, It Girl and The Other Side but cannot stand Wiggle. I also dislike Talk Dirty and Want To Want Me is currently my least favourite number one of this year (though Are You With Me could take that honor)
Oh, and DJ Snake. The contrast of quality between Turn Down For What puke.gif and Lean On wub.gif is shocking.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jun 24 2015, 02:49 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

A lot of DJs tend to be very hit and miss for me, like Calvin Harris and David Guetta, but I think that's more down to whether I like the vocals or not. Jason Derulo is very much hit and miss for me, I've enjoyed The Other Side, Talk Dirty and Want To Want Me from his most recent singles but Trumpets and Wiggle are terrible.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Jun 24 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #4
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Rihanna, I was a massive fan of hers from her debut album right through her Good Girl Gone Bad era, but now I barely like any of her stuff, ofc there are some exceptions, especially from Loud but still, I wouldn't even really call myself a fan of hers now.

Pink, she consistently put out great tracks, I'm Not Dead and Funhouse are my favourite albums but I'm really not that keen on The Truth About Love, I got bored listening to that SO quickly.

Avril Lavigne, I don't even think I need to explain much with this, she's kinda just went down hill gradually I mean look at Complicated compared to Hello Kitty laugh.gif

Lady Gaga, although a great song writer her songs are either a massive hit or a complete miss, I've never bought any of her albums right enough

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 24 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

Rihanna. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 24 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Oh I'd agree with DJs too, in some cases anyway. For example, Calvin depends on the vocalists really, so Calvin for example has amazing songs like I Need Your Love, Pray To God and a couple where he sings, but also some horrific ones such as Blame, Open Wide and especially Let's Go puke.gif David is better overall, I loved both Listen and Nothing But The Beat overall as albums (although both had awful tracks on such as Crank It Up, Nothing Really Matters, She Wolf and Sun Goes Down), and then on the other side of the spectrum there's Avicii who hasn't done more than one good song altogether!

I'd have to say Kylie is another one for me. Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Slow are two of the worst songs I can think of from any of the big popstars and I hate Light Years and Fever as albums (aside from 2 or 3 songs, Spinning Around wub.gif). But X and Impossible Princess are both in my top 75 or so albums (X is top 40 even), and In My Arms and Confide In Me are in my top 100 songs ever.

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Jun 24 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #7
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 24 2015, 04:37 PM) *
I'd have to say Kylie is another one for me. Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Slow are two of the worst songs I can think of from any of the big popstars

LEAVE THIS GALAXY IMMEDIATELY!!!! mad.gif mad.gif

Anyhow, Lady Gaga is the prime example. 'The Fame' was all sorts of Pop perfection and 'The Fame Monster EP' was groundbreaking but anything she put out after that was just shit. Expect maybe "Scheisse". How ironic...

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 24 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #8

DJ Fresh in a way too I guess. I think his worst was Earthquake but that was still ok. I'm not a massive fan of Believer either but The Feeling, The Power, Hot Right Now and Make U Bounce all being some of my favourites wub.gif

I think DJ Snake is a Buzzjack example seeing I think TDFW was top 10 on last year's hate chart and it seems Lean On will be top 10 love chart this year laugh.gif though I am pretty confident its hate was due to the vocals. I personally prefer TDFW actually but both are still great music.gif
David Guetta in a way too I think. He's made tune after tune but I think he's not been as good as he was ever since he's been having those cartoony videos. They've still been very good but Hey Mama was probably his most dissapointing single (but even that was still good)

Rihanna yes I have to agree on that, especially this year. What happened with her recently singles wise? 45S was pretty damn boring and BBHMM, well, I've no idea what she was thinking of there (at least should've been left as an album track) but AO wasn't that bad I guess but still a bit weak. Thank goodness we have the likes of The Him and Handbag House to remix them dance.gif

This post has been edited by Spinning Adam =D: Jun 24 2015, 04:02 PM

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 24 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #9
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm definitely with those saying Rihanna, everything she's released in the past 3 years actually makes me feel sick. puke.gif

However, she has had some greatness before that.

This post has been edited by mr_aly: Jun 24 2015, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
_____
post Jun 24 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #10
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

Britney Spears.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jun 24 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #11
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

Almost everyone has a terrible song or two.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jun 24 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #12
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(Vülker @ Jun 24 2015, 04:55 PM) *
LEAVE THIS GALAXY IMMEDIATELY!!!! mad.gif mad.gif
Anyhow, Lady Gaga is the prime example. 'The Fame' was all sorts of Pop perfection and 'The Fame Monster EP' was groundbreaking but anything she put out after that was just shit. Expect maybe "Scheisse". How ironic...

Marry the Night wub.gif

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jun 24 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #13
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spinning Adam =D @ Jun 24 2015, 05:01 PM) *
I think DJ Snake is a Buzzjack example seeing I think TDFW was top 10 on last year's hate chart and it seems Lean On will be top 10 love chart this year laugh.gif though I am pretty confident its hate was due to the vocals. I personally prefer TDFW actually but both are still great music.gif

um... it wasn't. tongue.gif Not even top 50 actually.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...p;hl=hate+chart

TDFW was definitely marmite on buzzjack though

+Quote Post
_____
post Jun 24 2015, 07:34 PM
Post #14
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

Coldplay, along with the Sugababes after 2002.

This post has been edited by Griff: Jun 24 2015, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jun 24 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #15
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Jennifer Lopez.

Bitch like a damn coffee mate she's so half and half.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jun 24 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #16

QUOTE('Dan @ Jun 24 2015, 08:17 PM) *
um... it wasn't. tongue.gif Not even top 50 actually.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...p;hl=hate+chart

TDFW was definitely marmite on buzzjack though

lol
I'm sure it was on SOMETHING though teresa.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 10:31 PM