BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ionderella
post Jun 25 2015, 08:03 AM
Post #1
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

[v srs topic times]

I've very recently found out that one guy I know never knew that HIV could only be trasmitted through... waste products of the event therefore going b/b seemed normal to him as long as, you know, you finish somewhere else. Made me wonder how many people actually believe that as well! And he expressed his disbelief that (a considerable enough to be worth noticing amount of) people still have HIV these days. I was shocked and appalled. Lack of information about risks and ways to protect yourself is why HIV is still a big problem in the gay community. Especially in relatively small areas. I'm going to try and educate everyone I know about it now because this isn't right.

As a gay man, do you know everything there is to know about HIV? Are you paranoid/worried about getting it? Do you do check ups?

It's been like 3 months since my last test and I guess it's time for another one next week (I get soooooo nervous that day before getting the results). I am getting more and more worried about this because the threat is real and although getting it wouldn't mean the end, it's still a terrible situation to be in. Protection is key~

(i tried v hard to make this as google-friendly as possible~)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 25 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #2
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

This is a very serious issue that definitely needs to be talked about more in the gay community, and for a lot of people to not be afraid of educating themselves more. I meet a lot of younger people who don't fully understand the implications of it, or think that it doesn't matter as they're sure there's a cure around the corner.

I have friends who have contracted it (through things like not taking the necessary precautions when intoxicated, or worse case scenario misplaced trust in a relationship and their partner cheated), I've been there for these people throughout the whole process and seen how they've almost destroyed themselves with the emotional turmoil but then managed to pick themselves up again. It's hard to say how you could cope with something like that unless you're put in that situation yourself there and then.

I do think it's getting better with raising awareness and fighting the stigma, and material being available for people but I just wish some people would use it more and research for their sake! I think it's also a lot more well known these days that the highest risk factor for infection is with those who are unaware of their status and at their most infectious level, rather than those that are aware and are on treatment (thus at an undetectable viral load level).

I always take care of myself and get regular check-ups, I've never encountered any issues and always had the all clear - but it's always something to be aware of nonetheless.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 25 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

My friend (a girl) got it from one night with a man. He had it and didn't know. Things like this are obviously awful, but they also help raise awareness that you have to be careful.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jul 3 2015, 10:23 AM
Post #4
ya ya ya i am lorde

Just had a check up. The attitude from the doctor was absolutely APPALLING. As per usual. Well, its Russia after all. There was no sex here until the 2000s.

- What is the reason? - Just a regular check up. - I need a proper reason. - Sexual contacts. - With hiv+ people? - No.

Just cause everyone hiv+ f***ing knows they have it. Ugh I am so pissed off. DO YOUR DAMN JOB. I know its all for paperwork but really this is none of your f***ing business why i want to take an ANONYMOUS FREE HIV TEST. Such a vile horrible approach. No wonder hiv still exists.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 3 2015, 10:37 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

some doctors are appalling, and that includes the UK. I had to (correctly) say my mate was on his virtual deathbed before another doctor from the practice turned up. I knew that he was dying, and I guessed why before either of them, 3 months of pneumonia (mis-diagnosed) and shingles were a clue. He pulled through against all expectations, but will never be healthy again in the same way and the pills might keep you alive but they don't stop the miserable problems that result and you have to put up with for the rest of your (shortened) life, and anxiety, and attitudes of others, and the traumatic stress it puts on your family and friends not knowing if you're going to die in hospital.

Everybody should absolutely be tested regularly, it's stressful but it can give you a far-more normal life and it's also dubious to have it and be passing it on when you can try and avoid that for other people's sake. It's not just one's own health at risk....

...and yes, people lie to get their leg over or into a relationship or get you drunk and rape you. Some people are very good at appearing to be human beings.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Jul 3 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

After hearing AWFUL THINGS for so long about getting general check-ups - I'd always done home tests because WHO CAN BE ARSED waiting for two hours in a waiting room - I decided to plump for a proper one (and despite making an appointment still ended up waiting for two hours in a waiting room ) and I have to say, I was V IMPRESSED with the professionalism of the doctor doing the tests and the questions - no judgement on answers to questions on <various censored activities>, wonderful bedside manner (not like THAT you PIGS) and all-round exactly the kind of treatment I wanted in that situation.

(Just a SHAME ABOUT THE SYPHILIS REALLY)

(THAT WAS A JOKE)

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 3 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #7
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

I've never understood the gay culture that WANT to catch HIV. Some type of sexual subculture. Idk.

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Jul 3 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(toxic_air @ Jul 3 2015, 08:42 PM) *
I've never understood the gay culture that WANT to catch HIV.

Sick.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jul 4 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #9
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Jul 3 2015, 06:17 PM) *
After hearing AWFUL THINGS for so long about getting general check-ups - I'd always done home tests because WHO CAN BE ARSED waiting for two hours in a waiting room - I decided to plump for a proper one (and despite making an appointment still ended up waiting for two hours in a waiting room ) and I have to say, I was V IMPRESSED with the professionalism of the doctor doing the tests and the questions - no judgement on answers to questions on <various censored activities>, wonderful bedside manner (not like THAT you PIGS) and all-round exactly the kind of treatment I wanted in that situation.

(Just a SHAME ABOUT THE SYPHILIS REALLY)

(THAT WAS A JOKE)

((We all knew it wasn't sad.gif ))

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jul 4 2015, 08:59 AM
Post #10
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(toxic_air @ Jul 3 2015, 09:42 PM) *
I've never understood the gay culture that WANT to catch HIV. Some type of sexual subculture. Idk.

Also these men taking PrEP make me sad. You want to swallow pills every day just so you can have unprotected sex? okay...

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Jul 4 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #11
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Atonement @ Jul 4 2015, 09:59 AM) *
Also these men taking PrEP make me sad. You want to swallow pills every day just so you can have unprotected sex? okay...

Well in fairness, it's not really that much inconvenience in exchange for preventing an incredibly inconvenient disease (even in the event of a split condom) and enjoying one of the most satisfying experiences available to mankind.

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Jul 4 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #12
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Jul 4 2015, 02:12 PM) *
Well in fairness, it's not really that much inconvenience in exchange for preventing an incredibly inconvenient disease (even in the event of a split condom) and enjoying one of the most satisfying experiences available to mankind.

Well it's also the idea of having sex with so many random men that depresses me. I am by no means a prude (maybe for a gay guy I am) but some gays...!! People in Africa or wherever need PrEP so much more than a bunch of horny gays who can't control their peen.

PrEP does intrigue me and I'm planning on writing my thesis on it next year. Just not sure what direction I'm gonna go in.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 5 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #13
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Atonement @ Jul 4 2015, 09:49 AM) *
Well it's also the idea of having sex with so many random men that depresses me. I am by no means a prude (maybe for a gay guy I am) but some gays...!! People in Africa or wherever need PrEP so much more than a bunch of horny gays who can't control their peen.

I am with you completely. I'm not into the hookup scene. And if someone I was in a relationship with gave me HIV through cheating... I'd simply castrate them.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Jul 16 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

So I decided to investigate the home testing HIV kit that has recently been allowed in the UK. If you order it before 2pm you basically get next day delivery so don't bother paying for delivery unless you majorly want to know. It comes very privately in the post. Anyway after not being tested for far too long I decided I need to do it, but I wanted to be at home so I could process if it wasn't a good result. Yes at just under £30 it is a bit expensive, but it worth it if you want to do the HIV test at home.

My test was negative thankfully, but that was the longest 15 minuets of my life waiting for the result to come through. I don't know about anyone else, but it really made me think about the choices I have made in the past and why I do things.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:09 PM