Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jun 29 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #1
If you wanna hear me sing you better play that sax 🎷
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

After abou 85 years, this is actually done!

Results will be happening over the next couple of days, first lot to come v soon....

The contenders:
All Saints - Pure Shores
Alphabeat - Fascination
Britney Spears - Gimme More
Britney Spears - Toxic
Britney Spears - Work Bitch
Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Ella Henderson - Ghost
Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
G.R.L. - Ugly Heart
Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull - On The Floor
Jordin Sparks - Battlefield
Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
Lady Gaga - Dance In The Dark
Lady Gaga - Judas
Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce - Telephone
Loreen - Euphoria
Madonna - Frozen
Marina & The Diamonds - Hollywood
Nicki Minaj - Starships
O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
Paramore - Misery Business
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Rihanna ft. Jay-Z - Umbrella
Sia - Chandelier
Spice Girls - Wannabe
t.A.t.u. - All The Things She Said
Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
The Saturdays - Higher
The Veronicas - Untouched
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 29 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #2

31 Marina & The Diamonds - Hollywood 45pts
32 Ella Henderson - Ghost 42pts
33 Nicki Minaj - Starships 40pts
34 Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do 35pts
35 Britney Spears - Work Bitch 16pts

Work Bitch was released as the lead single from Britney's 8th album Britney Jean, but failed to set the charts alight with a 7-37 chart run in the UK! At least it's two places higher here... Jokes aside, this is clearly well liked on Buzzjack or it wouldn't have made it to this final!

Love Me Like You Do is the most recent song in this final, but fails to fully match the love received by some established classics. Perhaps barely being 6 months old meant it didn't have the same connection as older songs, but making the final is a very impressive showing anyway for a powerful song that's sure to be well remembered.

Starships is one of Nicki's most shamelessly poppy offerings as well as her biggest hit, so it's no surprise it's well regarded enough to have reached the final! Nicki fans often debate pop vs. urban but this is, I'd argue, well regarded as one of her best.

Ghost did so well commercially for an X Factor shock eliminee who came 6th - it's a million seller! It was a Buzzjack fave of songs in 2014 too so it's no surprise to see it made this final. I can see it solidifying itself as one of my all time faves in years to come as well <3

Hollywood is one of the more quirky tracks in this final, the embodiment of what I love abotu Marina <3 Marina is one of those artists who has so many great songs that everyone loves, so it's hard to see what the consensus is, but you rarely see a Marina fan disliking Hollywood so it's doing something right!
+Quote Post
post Jun 29 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #3
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Marina so low and just missing out on the top 30 cry.gif

As much as I like it, Primadonna isn't one of her better tracks, I'm excited to see where everything else ends up cheer.gif
+Quote Post
post Jul 2 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #4

26 Spice Girls - Wannabe 60pts (one 18)
27 Alphabeat - Fascination 60pts
28 O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei 58pts
29 Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods 50pts
30 The Saturdays - Higher 46pts

Higher is the only entry for the band behind arguaby Buzzjacks' biggest artist forum. It's actually in my top 30 songs ever, quite comfortably, and their best song for me! It's absolute pop perfection - they really struck gold <3 It sold well despite its #10 peak and is probably one of their better known songs.

Out Of The Woods is another sole entry for another Buzzjack fave, this time country starlet turned pop bohemoth Taylor Swift. Personally I find this to be the most overrated track of 1989 and possibly of her career! It's a solid 8.5/10 but not among her best like everyone claims. The CHVRCHES teas are strong with this one though, so I can see why it's well liked, and it's brilliant anyway for Slaylor to bulldoze through to this final *.*

Dragostea din tei seems to be a bit low for what was an early definitive Plug anthem </3 It was played basically every night, often twice and everyone would love it *.* It's the only foreign language song in the final too, iconic. It doesn't quite live up to some of the classics on here but this Romanian anthem brings to mind fond Plug memories for most of us tbh.

Fascination is one of the happiest songs ever, I'm glad it picked up support <3 It brought Alphabeat to attention by peaking in the top 10 in 2008 and is still well remembered and loved, recently featuring on a coke advert. I can't fathom how anybody could dislike this slice of utter joy, unless they're a serial meh-er like Toby ofc x

Wannabe is a bona fide pop classic to round off this section, some do hate it but they're WRONG x This is just one of those songs everybody knows and even if you absolutely despise it, you're definitely going to still know every word... MEL B'S RAP <3 What a defining moment of pop music tbh.
+Quote Post
24k Cody
post Jul 3 2015, 05:36 AM
Post #5
Touch-a touch-a touch-a touch me
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I just noticed how much "Out Of The Woods" sounds like "The Mother We Share" at some parts in the production ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
post Jul 3 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #6
Buy Lady GaGa's Perfect Illusion Friday on Itunes and Stream
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Workbitch is atrocious!

And where is cult fave Mazoo and the Zoo???
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 11:59 AM