BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> audio streaming services, which do you prefer?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
favourite audio streaming service
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
dancember
post Jul 7 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #1
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Apple Music has been out for a week now so I'm sure those of you who've used it have good first impressions of it now, but will you be making the switch or staying with your current service?

right now Spotify is still my favourite as it's a lot quicker and easier to search for things and making playlists. It hasn't let me down much in the few years I've been using it so I think I'll stick with it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Jul 7 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

I tend to just use iTunes and YouTube most of the time when I'm listening to music, but when I do stream I typically use Spotify or the Last.FM radio. Haven't gotten a chance to use Apple Music yet, so I don't really have an opinion on it.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 7 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Spotify. Because it has the built in Last.FM sync.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 7 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #4
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I prefer to use my iTunes/iPod library when I'm listening to music really but I think right now, if I were to use a streaming service, it would be Apple Music, purely because I always have iTunes open and it's in the same program. I won't be renewing it after the free trial though as I have absolutely no need to, and I'll switch back to Spotify if I want to stream anything, so I'll pick that one as my main choice in the poll.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 7 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Spotify. I won't really switch to apple music unless they are clearly counting the streams in the chart, which they're not right now.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 7 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I've yet to try Apple Music but it doesn't look like I'm going to any time soon. I rely on Spotify, I use it to listen to music when I'm on my laptop and on my phone when I'm traveling and stuff. I only use the free version (for now, hoping to maybe upgrade to premium in the future) which means I can only listen to music with an internet connection which is a bit of a pain but I've built up quite the library of songs in the few years I've been using it, and it's really easy to add new artists/albums/songs etc to your music and make playlists. Before Spotify I always used my iPod and I'd just listen to music on my laptop from my iTunes library but a few years back I ended up getting locked out my account so I lost everything I had on it, plus it took so much effort putting songs on it half the time laugh.gif

Taylor Swift's music is the only thing that would draw me to Apple Music but I can just listen to the physical copies of her albums instead happy.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Jul 7 2015, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jul 7 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I put Tidal because I would like to think I could afford £20 a month kink.gif

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Jul 7 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I don't use audio streaming services to be honest with you.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 7 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I am the same as Jseoph in that i primarily use my iTunes to play music, but on the rare occasions that i do stream, i use Spotify just cus~ i have always tried to stream more but i find it all a bit overwhelming compared to using my iTunes (and scrobbling). Talking of, poor underrated last.fm streaming not even getting a look-in here!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 7 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

When I do convert to a streaming service it will most likely be Apple Music due to the integration with iTunes and iPhone but I haven't been able to switch yet due to the bugs in the system that were affecting me when I attempted to do the switch and all the drama that surrounds the iCloud music library! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 8 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

fixed poll! The streaming service I use is Radio 2 - I just turn it on set it to random and get to hear good and interesting new music and very varied oldies and rarely get sick of hearing anything from overplay. Between 12 and 5 (given the rare chance) I prefer the popchartfreakdownloadoncd streaming service which is all my current faves conveniently arranged in an order I like. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Little_Napoleon
post Jul 8 2015, 11:14 AM
Post #12
New Entry
Member No.: 22,107
   No Gallery Pics

HI,

Currently on Tidal after quitting Spotify and also wanting to try the 3 months Apple Music service. However, I don´t like so far that I can use Apple Music only on Apple products sad.gif My phone is not Apple and although they announced that it will be available also on Android, that is far in the future for now

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Jul 8 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #13
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

Unless Blinkbox Music is rescued from administration - which is not looking likely - the answer is none. Otherwise it would have been them for me.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jul 8 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #14
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I don't stream music,if I'm going to scrobble it the tagging is abysmal on Spotify so that's a big obstacle and in general I find the selection to be quite restrictive/not up to date and also it's often more hassle trying to find stuff than if you have it all neatly tagged and organised yourself. Plus, I don't want to PAY for music I won't own on some level, even if it is just a digital file.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 10 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I'm trialing Apple Music... I like that you can listen to a lot of "album only" tracks (AKA Leighton Meester's "Somebody To Love").

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 10 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I haven't switched to Apple Music yet, but I love Spotify as a streaming service on desktop. My qualm is their awful free mobile service on 'shuffle mode', I think that it's only worth the one week free trial as past then it's irritating only being allowed a certain number of skips ~ making it super frustrating when wanting to listen to a certain song from an album but possibly not being able to unless it comes up within about five songs! So yes, only worth the mobile service if you upgrade (but if I was paying for music I would just download it from iTunes), but otherwise it's stellar (unless messy tags at times bother you laugh.gif).

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 10 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 10 2015, 06:13 PM) *
I haven't switched to Apple Music yet, but I love Spotify as a streaming service on desktop. My qualm is their awful free mobile service on 'shuffle mode', I think that it's only worth the one week free trial as past then it's irritating only being allowed a certain number of skips ~ making it super frustrating when wanting to listen to a certain song from an album but possibly not being able to unless it comes up within about five songs! So yes, only worth the mobile service if you upgrade (but if I was paying for music I would just download it from iTunes), but otherwise it's stellar (unless messy tags at times bother you laugh.gif).

They've got a 60 day trial on at the moment?

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 10 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 10 2015, 06:16 PM) *
They've got a 60 day trial on at the moment?

Oh riiiight. Well, past whatever the duration of free trial the mobile service has, it's shocking~

This post has been edited by Jade: Jul 10 2015, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Jul 10 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 10 2015, 01:13 PM) *

Make a playlist with only that song and hit shuffle pirate.gif

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 10 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I love the Premium Mobile version...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:19 PM