BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FOX HUNTING and potential changes to the law, free vote happening on Wednesday~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Jul 12 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Ahead of the government's plan to relax the 10 year old hunting ban of foxes, what is your stance on the hot topic?

David Cameron has promised a free vote next week that would make it legal to kill foxes for pest control and for them to be flushed out by a full pack of hounds. Under the current law, passed by Labour 10 years ago after years of parliamentary battles, hunts are allowed to use two dogs to flush out foxes that can then be shot for pest control purposes. The Government’s attempt to change the rules on fox hunting and end the ban on using a full pack of hounds is looking to be rejected next week with even some Tory MPs campaigning against it.

The new plans would also permit an unlimited number of dogs to flush out diseased or injured foxes and allow them to be used for “research and observation” purposes.

I find even the current law quite discerning but the new proposed changes are absolutely barbaric so hopefully the right thing is done and they are rejected sad.gif

More info: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/ju...g-ban-rebellion / http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...w-10382704.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 12 2015, 02:52 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

This is a very sneaky way of trying to reverse the hunting ban. Whereas the original ban was brought in after substantial debate both in Parliament and in the country as a whole, this attempt to change it is being done with almost no notice (and, therefore, little time for people to contact their MP) and with the minimum (possibly as little as 90 minutes) of debate in parliament.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 12 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not a big fan of fox hunting (both in practice and of the principle), so I hope that this doesn't pass.

What I do think is interesting about this particular bill however is the justification for it - it's been reported that it is in order to bring England and Wales' legislation around the subject into line with that of Scotland, which makes me think that there might be other reasons for the introduction of this bill than just allowing dogs to tear apart foxes. I can think of 56 of them.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 12 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #4
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Disgraceful idea to permit hunting and to think it's defined as a sport by the elites huh.gif

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jul 12 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #5
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Really hope this doesn't pass puke.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 12 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #6
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

What is a "free vote"? Is it just meant to be separate from a proper election, or how does it differ?

I've never been hunting and have no interest at all, but judging by that picture it's much different in the UK than what I'm used to here ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 12 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Tory Britain sad.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 12 2015, 04:06 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 12 2015, 03:57 PM) *
I'm not a big fan of fox hunting (both in practice and of the principle), so I hope that this doesn't pass.

What I do think is interesting about this particular bill however is the justification for it - it's been reported that it is in order to bring England and Wales' legislation around the subject into line with that of Scotland, which makes me think that there might be other reasons for the introduction of this bill than just allowing dogs to tear apart foxes. I can think of 56 of them.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me to discover that our hunting ban isn't as strict as I thought. f***ing country estates.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 12 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #9
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

So hope this doesn't happen, disgusting and disgraceful idea sad.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 12 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #10
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Riser @ Jul 12 2015, 04:59 PM) *
What is a "free vote"? Is it just meant to be separate from a proper election, or how does it differ?

I've never been hunting and have no interest at all, but judging by that picture it's much different in the UK than what I'm used to here ohmy.gif

A "free vote" means that members of political parties (such as the Conservatives) aren't told how they have to vote by their party, and are free to vote in whatever way they see fit.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Jul 12 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 12 2015, 03:57 PM) *

The SNP have been saying that they want to review the law in Scotland. That would suggest that they are planning to change it, presumably to put it roughly in line with the current law in England and Wales.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 13 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #12
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

"SNP will vote down Tory motion to relax ban on hunting with dogs even though it would bring England and Wales into line with Scotland.

The free vote on foxhunting would already have been extremely close if the SNP were to abstain, as Cameron has a majority of just 12, but dozens of Conservatives are opposed to relaxing the ban, which currently limits hunting for pest control to only two dogs. The vote, which was promised in the Conservative manifesto, is now almost certain not to pass, as Labour will be whipped to vote against it as well."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/ju...threat-from-snp

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 13 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise

Fabulous news! It also means that the law here will be altered too, likely to be in line with E&W as currently the SNP are going to be voting against parity so will have to change our law to avoid looking like hypocrites or that they are interfering with English-only matters while Scotland has, what would be seen by those in favour to be, a favourable legal situation because of devolution.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Jul 13 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #14
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

Am I the only one here that's been on a hunt and comes from a hunting background (on my mam's side)? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Jul 14 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

The vote has been cancelled due to the SNP wanting to vote against the fox hunting ban.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 14 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #16
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

And just as I predicted, the Tories are now using the SNP's intervention as a way to bring in the English votes/English matters much earlier than anticipated. Fancy that.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 14 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise

Of course they have because they seem to have a problem with the SNP doing something they are happy for their sole Scottish MP to do. Hypocritical c**ts. This steaming turd of a motion will be back after EVIL, sorry, EVEL when they have the numbers to win.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 14 2015, 12:30 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Gage @ Jul 13 2015, 11:37 PM) *
Am I the only one here that's been on a hunt and comes from a hunting background (on my mam's side)? unsure.gif

Maybe. :|

I'm very pleased that the SNP have had the balls to go up against the Tories like that. Doing the right thing.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Jul 14 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #19
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

I don't support it by the way, in case you all think I'm some heartless c**t for having been on a hunt! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jul 14 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #20
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/14...l?utm_hp_ref=tw

The comments regarding Nicola Sturgeon is horrible on twitter from so many idiots. Good on her for supporting something that should not be legal, she's only doing herself more favours for Scotland.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:52 PM