BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nicola Roberts: "They're hilarious", Girls Aloud member heaps praise on Little Mix.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jonjo
post Jul 16 2015, 09:47 AM
Post #1
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

"At the minute I've just been taking time to write for other artists," Roberts told Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"It's been four years since Cinderella's Eyes [her debut solo album]and in that four years I've changed quite a lot as a person.

"I think you need time to figure out the sounds you are inspired by and I've got some really exciting artists cutting some songs that I'm really excited by."

While Roberts wouldn't disclose who she's been writing for, she heaped praise on Little Mix, labelling them "hilarious".

"Little Mix are hilarious. Whenever I've been in the studio with Little Mix I've had the best time ever," she said.

"I continuously say those girls need their own TV show. I'm so happy for them that their single is at number one this week and I hope their record does equally as well. I love them."

Roberts teamed up with Little Mix for their debut album DNA, co-writing the track 'Going Nowhere'.

Girls Aloud's last album was 2008's Out Of Control, which marked their first number one record and went 2x Platinum.

Sarah Harding recently unveiled her debut solo single 'Threads' while Cheryl Fernandez-Versini has returned to The X Factor's judging panel.

Meanwhile, Nadine Coyle has said she's working on a solo album in the style of London Grammar, while Kimberley Walsh recently welcomed her first child with fiancé Justin Scott and will be part of the stage musical adaptation of Elf.
From DigitalSpy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jul 16 2015, 09:48 AM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

YES at them needing their own TV show! wub.gif Also, amazing to hear praise that they seem to be genuinely amazing behind the scenes as they are on the scenes. Knowing that it's coming from someone who was a part of one of the biggest UK girl groups ever, and was put in a girl group in exactly the same way, it's great to see!

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Jul 16 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #3
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

The Nicola co-writes were highlights for me on both their first two albums. I agree it'd be nice to see them have their own TV show.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 16 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #4
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Not to rain on the parade but unless they do something incredibly groundbreaking or interesting like breaking the US (The Wanted, The Saturdays, etc), what would their TV show actually entail? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more of Jesy and maybe Leigh-Anne!

+Quote Post
TheGhostPensmith
post Jul 16 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #5
TheGhostPensmith 👻
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sean. @ Jul 16 2015, 08:45 PM) *
Not to rain on the parade but unless they do something incredibly groundbreaking or interesting like breaking the US (The Wanted, The Saturdays, etc), what would their TV show actually entail? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more of Jesy and maybe Leigh-Anne!

I don't see why it'd necessarily have to be a 'Chasing...' type show in America. If they did something more like 'Girls Aloud: Off the Record' or 'The Saturdays: 24/7' that'd be a good show. There's still a market for that kind of thing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 10:14 AM