BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which of the Four Temperaments Are You?, take the test
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Jul 20 2015, 09:53 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Since I'm a psychology junkie and not afraid to admit it, the insecurities thread and the discussions that went on in there inspired me and made me want to take all sorts of personality tests online and I've been doing it pretty much all evening and thought I would post this test because I'm truly interested to see what you guys get. It's not as extensive as the Myers-Briggs test but we've had threads with that before a few times haven't we (I am INFP).

So if you're up for it, take this short test and share which of the four temperaments you are. They are Melancholic, Sanguine, Phlegmatic and Choleric.

http://personality-testing.info/tests/O4TS/

Me personally I consider myself somewhat on the cusp of probably all of them, but there's probably one dominant one which is the result I got and that is:

Your temperament is melancholic. The melancholic temperament is fundamentally introverted and thoughtful. Melancholic people often were perceived as very (or overly) pondering and considerate, getting rather worried when they could not be on time for events. Melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. Often they are perfectionists. They are self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is that they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.

I really wish I could find a test that shows where you fall within all of them, but I was unable to find one like that. So this will have to do for now.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Jul 20 2015, 09:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 20 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #2
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

oh this looks interesting! I'm also INFP ohmy.gif Apparently thats one of the rarer ones? :')

*edit* I also got melancholic laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Jul 20 2015, 10:22 PM

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 20 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Jul 20 2015, 11:07 PM) *
oh this looks interesting! I'm also INFP ohmy.gif Apparently thats one of the rarer ones? :')

I think there's a lot of INFP people here for some reason even though yes, it's one of the rarest (and best kink.gif)

Buzzjack is RARE. cry.gif (I mean that in a good way lol)

This post has been edited by Mattias: Jul 20 2015, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 20 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Jul 20 2015, 11:07 PM) *
*edit* I also got melancholic laugh.gif

Partners in melancholic crime!

(I really have no idea what that means)

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 20 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #5
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 20 2015, 11:38 PM) *
Partners in melancholic crime!

(I really have no idea what that means)

Apparently it means gloomy/sadness, and here I was thinking we were the life and soul of BuzzJack angel.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 20 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Jul 20 2015, 11:50 PM) *
Apparently it means gloomy/sadness, and here I was thinking we were the life and soul of BuzzJack angel.gif

Haha yeah! I knew what 'melancholic' meant, I was more unaware of the meaning of my stupid sentence tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 20 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I got 'melancholic' as well! Spot on with perfectionism, worrying too much and thoughtful. Introverted too a lot of the time. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jul 20 2015, 11:47 PM
Post #8
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

AYE, that's about right, or as right as such a simple test can ever hope to be.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jul 20 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #9
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Mine:
Your temperament is phlegmatic. The phlegmatic temperament is fundamentally relaxed and quiet, ranging from warmly attentive to lazily sluggish. Phlegmatics tend to be content with themselves and are kind. They are accepting and affectionate. They may be receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are consistent, relaxed, calm, rational, curious, and observant, qualities that make them good administrators. They can also be passive-aggressive.

Erm... It's half true I guess.

In terms of the Myers-Briggs test, I did take one a while ago and my result was ENFP, the same as Robin Williams.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jul 21 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #10
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I've always considered myself phlegmatic out of those 4 because I just am, I can be melancholic at times but the vast majority of the time I'm laid-back, shy but peaceful. The test isn't working for me so I'll just say this the case.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jul 21 2015, 06:46 AM
Post #11
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.

BULL. CRAP. The only true parts are bolded.

#gurlbah

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 21 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #12
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I took another test and I'm ISFP whatever that is.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 21 2015, 04:55 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Your temperament is sanguine. The sanguine temperament is fundamentally spontaneous and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are sociable and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguines generally have an almost shameless nature, certain that what they are doing is right. They have no lack of confidence.

Lol I am not sociable laugh.gif but I suppose I am pleasure-seeking. I am quite creative and sometimes daydream too. I do forget things as well and this (Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun.) is so true! ohmy.gif
Half of this is very true and the other half is very not true laugh.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 21 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Do we have any cholerics in the house?

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 22 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JSG @ Jul 21 2015, 09:12 AM) *
I took another test and I'm ISFP whatever that is.

I found this and added some comments:

ISFP PERSONALITY (“THE ADVENTURER”)

ISFP personality types are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they're out painting happy little trees (lmao!!! I don't think trees are capable of emotion) Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it's that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. ISFPs enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they've expressed more than once the phrase "Don't box me in!"

Strengths:

Charming – People with the ISFP personality type are relaxed and warm, and their “live and let live” attitude naturally makes them likable and popular. (I totally agree with that James!)
Sensitive to Others – ISFPs easily relate to others' emotions, helping them to establish harmony and good will, and minimize conflict. (Again, this is so you it's insane!)
Imaginative – Being so aware of others' emotions, ISFP personalities use creativity and insight to craft bold ideas that speak to people's hearts. While it's hard to explain this quality on a resume, this vivid imagination and exploratory spirit help ISFPs in unexpected ways.
Passionate – Beneath ISFPs' quiet shyness beats an intensely feeling heart. When people with this personality type are caught up in something exciting and interesting, they can leave everything else in the dust.
Curious – Ideas are well and good, but ISFPs need to see and explore for themselves whether their ideas ring true. Work revolving around the sciences may seem a poor match for their traits, but a boldly artistic and humanistic vision is often exactly what research needs to move forward – if ISFPs are given the freedom they need to do so.
Artistic – ISFPs are able to show their creativity in tangible ways and with stunning beauty. Whether writing a song, painting an emotion, or presenting a statistic in a graph, ISFPs have a way of visualizing things that resonates with their audience.

Weaknesses:

Fiercely Independent – Freedom of expression is often ISFPs' top priority. Anything that interferes with that, like traditions and hard rules, creates a sense of oppression for ISFP personalities. This can make more rigidly structured academics and work a challenge.
Unpredictable – ISFPs' dislike long-term commitments and plans. The tendency to actively avoid planning for the future can cause strain in ISFPs' romantic relationships and financial hardship later in life.
Easily Stressed – ISFPs live in the present, full of emotion. When situations get out of control, people with this personality type (especially Turbulent ones) can shut down, losing their characteristic charm and creativity in favor of gnashing teeth.
Overly Competitive – ISFPs can escalate small things into intense competitions, turning down long-term success in their search for glory in the moment, and are unhappy when they lose (Are you like this in BJSC? lmao)
Fluctuating Self-Esteem – It's demanded that skills be quantified, but that's hard to do with ISFPs' strengths of sensitivity and artistry. ISFPs' efforts are often dismissed, a hurtful and damaging blow, especially early in life. ISFPs can start to believe the naysayers without strong support.

There's more all over the Internet of course if you're ever interested but this seemed like an interesting part, a great summary.

Apparently Michael Jackson was ISFP!

This is what I am:

INFP PERSONALITY (“THE MEDIATOR”)

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events (true! Or at least I try to in order to remain positive), searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine (oh absolutely! kink.gif). Comprising just 4% of the population (ohmy.gif), the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type (totally) – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration (SO TRUE OMGGG)

Strengths:

Idealistic – INFPs' friends and loved ones will come to admire and depend on them for their optimism. Their unshaken belief that all people are inherently good, perhaps simply misunderstood, lends itself to an incredibly resilient attitude in the face of hardship.
Seek and Value Harmony – People with the INFP personality type have no interest in having power over others (so true), and don't much care for domineering attitudes at all. They prefer a more democratic approach, and work hard to ensure that every voice and perspective is heard.
Open-Minded and Flexible – A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to INFPs, and they dislike being constrained by rules. INFPs give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they'll support others' right to do what they think is right.
Very Creative – INFPs combine their intuitive nature with their open-mindedness to allow them to see things from unconventional perspectives (helloo?!). Being able to connect many far-flung dots into a single theme (this is very true), it's no wonder that many INFPs are celebrated poets and authors.
Passionate and Energetic – When something captures INFPs' imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they go all in, dedicating their time, energy, thoughts and emotions to the project (true as well). Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it's needed.
Dedicated and Hard-Working – While others focusing on the challenges of the moment may give up when the going gets tough, INFPs (especially Assertive ones) have the benefit of their far-reaching vision to help them through. Knowing that what they are doing is meaningful gives people with this personality type a sense of purpose and even courage when it comes to accomplishing something they believe in.

Weaknesses:

Too Idealistic – INFPs often take their idealism too far, setting themselves up for disappointment as, again and again, evil things happen in the world. This is true on a personal level too, as INFPs may not just idealize their partners, but idolize them, forgetting that no one is perfect.
Too Altruistic – INFPs sometimes see themselves as selfish, but only because they want to give so much more than they are able to. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as they try to push themselves to commit to a chosen cause or person, forgetting to take care of the needs of others in their lives, and especially themselves.
Impractical – When something captures INFPs' imagination, they can neglect practical matters like day-to-day maintenance and simple pleasures. Sometimes people with the INFP personality type will take this asceticism so far as to neglect eating and drinking as they pursue their passion or cause (lmao tbh).
Dislike Dealing With Data – INFPs are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. INFPs are in tune with emotions (so much so - I can read you like a book tbh) and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.
Take Things Personally – INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
Difficult to Get to Know – INFPs are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know (unfortunately that is very true), and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about (hi mum!).

Björk and Lisa Kudrow apparently <3

I simply cannot get over how accurate this test is. It is such a great tool to really get to know the ins-and-outs of people. I would probably read the descriptions of everyone I know tbh - yes, I am THAT intererested. It may seem that I am obsessed with analysing my personality or something but the truth is I am interested in everyone's personalities. Every person I know. And fortunately and unfortunately I happen to know myself.

off and out bye

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 22 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

It doesn't let me go past the age thing. My results I'll never know.

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 22 2015, 12:01 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 22 2015, 12:53 PM) *
It doesn't let me go past the age thing. My results I'll never know.

sad.gif

What age thing? I just had a look and I didn't see no age thing.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 22 2015, 12:21 PM
Post #18
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I'm not that bad in BJSC but yes I am very competitive even to the point that I no longer notice it laugh.gif Everyone else does though haha.

Also that whole description was very accurate apart from maybe the independent thing. I'm not overly independent at all laugh.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 22 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JSG @ Jul 22 2015, 01:21 PM) *
I'm not that bad in BJSC but yes I am very competitive even to the point that I no longer notice it laugh.gif Everyone else does though haha.

Also that whole description was very accurate apart from maybe the independent thing. I'm not overly independent at all laugh.gif

Haha! I think everyone is competitive in BJSC tbh (from what I can remember from my days), even if they don't wish to admit it. tbh it may be hard to believe from my INFP description but I am actually secretly super competitive - however I don't go out of my way to win either and I never ever cheat.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 22 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #20
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

I've done the myers briggs test numerous times on different websites, idk I just find it really interesting, its always pretty much the same but this site (I think it might actually be the same one Matt has taken his descriptions from) is the one that I feel gives the best and most accurate description, not just for my type (INFP also) but for others too, there's a lot of other information about your personality type on it too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 03:34 AM