BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What affect has Buzzjack had on your life?, Positive / Negative
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Jul 20 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I was thinking earlier while reading the insecurity thread that Buzzjack is a massive part of almost everyone's life on this forum.

For me Buzzjack has a positive & negative affect on my life. I have no doubts that Buzzjack has helped me grow as a person while creating friendships, friendships that I believe I will still have in a couple of years time. I've got to know so many different people and got introduced to news , more music etc and getting to know so many new people.

However I still think that had Buzzjack not existed I would have so much more focus into my studies and university rather than leaving everything to the last minute. I feel like the older I've got the less that I'm invested in Buzzjack but I've made such good friends on here that ensures I keep coming back.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 20 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Lee! I was thinking of creating a similar thread, wow!

Anyway I'm gonna try and answer this tomorrow I think because I'm getting tired and I want to do the best I can with this.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 20 2015, 11:18 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Buzzjack has given me somewhere to offload about life's problems (of which I've had many!) when I'm feeling at my worst, but also it's given me people to talk to outside my friends, especially my Buzzjack bestie in particular who knows who he is and has gotten me through awful times when nobody else was there or gave a shit. The community as a whole has had a real positive effect. Especially getting to know mroe of you on Plug, if I'm feeling a bit down at a stupid time like 1am I know I can go on there and laugh at Nadine Coyle and then have a deep chat 10 minutes later <3 I can talk about stuff online with people a LOT easier than I can with my "real" friends and that just becomes way easier when I'm friends with the people too, and it really helps me get through things to know I'm not alone, others on here feel the same and have the same insecurities. I just don't have the sort of friends to talk about stuff like that with, so it's great to have that here paired with some amazing people <3

But I agree with the widening my mind too - I've found SO much music through the forums and BJSC for example. I dread to think how narrow my taste will still be if I wasn't on here finding, sharing and discovering stuff all the time drama.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jul 20 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I was thinking about that earlier today Lee too. Would I have had more focus on studies or social situations had I not been on here? Maybe. Maybe I would have. What's far more likely though is that I'd have just found somewhere else online to spend large amounts of time, and I've never specifically blown a social situation off to be online... that I can remember anyway.

But the people I've met here are wonderful, you guys make me feel more connected to the world every day, most days I learn something new or have a fun conversation or listen to a new song that I'd have never heard if not for here, and that's wonderful, I do value the friends I've made on here. There have been things said in threads over the years that I've taken to heart as advice to live by, perspectives on what's going on always intrigue me, and I've learned a good load of somewhat useless statistical knowledge which is the sort of thing I adore. I don't know how my life would be different except that I know I wouldn't have talked to anyone from here and considering I get on with a good load of you, that'd be a big shame.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 20 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #5
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

It's been overwhelmingly positive for me I think. Sure, it's been a distraction when I could've been doing better things, but had Buzzjack not been here, I'd most likely have been procrastinating another way really. I've met some amazing people that I'd genuinely call friends on here, people with the same interests as me, and I feel confident talking on here which is not so true in person. I've found out loads about myself (cliché I know but it's true) on here and it's just been a positive experience even if there are some no so good moments at times. I feel like a different person to when I first joined, in a good way.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 20 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

omg I'm a walking contradiction! drama.gif

I couldn't help it okay. I said I would do it tomorrow but I started writing out my answer for this and already I'm talking about stuff that I'm not sure I want to reveal lmao. A part of me wants to be super open here, but another part of me is terrified tbh. And that goes not only for this thread, but the site in general. I think I will just go to bed, switch off my mind and try and do a reasonable version of this tomorrow lmao gahhhhh ok bye

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 20 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh Buzzjack has done a world of good, pretty much for reasons already mentioned! I feel I have extremely close relationships with some people here, in the sense that I feel super comfortable sharing stuff that I maybe couldn't do with 'real life' friends. I often find it much easier to air out problems in words rather than vocally, like today for instance, which means that an online platform full of so many people I get on with is great for those kind of chats. I can name quite a few people from here that have supported me through difficult times. On the other hand too, there have also been SOO many laughs as well, so not only can I have deep chats and rants with people, I can also have hours of fun. The discovery of new songs as well is a huge plus ~ BJSC or the genre threads for instance have opened me up to so much music!

I'd say the only detriment is sometimes procrastinating a little TOO much on here. It hasn't got in the way of my social life at all, as in I haven't pushed aside my IRL friends, but with schoolwork and such I have definitely been guilty on occasion of choosing to leave it 'til the last minute, whoops.

Yay BuzzJack <3

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jul 20 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #8
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

As part of a minority nationality on Buzzjack (shout-out to the Americans out there!), the site has helped me experience and appreciate a different culture and new ways of living that I never imagined at first. Sure in an American forum there's more people to talk to, but that's just because of the population, and most of the time they don't really care what I think. You guys do care, and it's because this is such a tight knit community that I'm able to realize that.

I echo all the statements of this being a distraction more often than most, but in the end, the experiences shared and the friends made are all worth it.

I love you guys.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 21 2015, 05:20 AM
Post #9
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I find myself sharing things on Buzzjack before I share it on Facebook. On most days this is the first site I go to and the last tab that I close at the end of the night. No surprise considering I have so much in common with a lot of members here, and while so many of my real life friends have moved away I know you all will always be here. <3

That said, I'm sooo glad I wasn't on Buzzjack earlier in life, because I was so busy keeping up with school/activities/a real social life and I know spending time on a site like this would have hindered that greatly. This came at the right time in my life, when I really needed people to interact with, and I couldn't have asked for a better group. heart.gif

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 20 2015, 07:37 PM) *
omg I'm a walking contradiction! drama.gif

I couldn't help it okay. I said I would do it tomorrow but I started writing out my answer for this and already I'm talking about stuff that I'm not sure I want to reveal lmao. A part of me wants to be super open here, but another part of me is terrified tbh. And that goes not only for this thread, but the site in general. I think I will just go to bed, switch off my mind and try and do a reasonable version of this tomorrow lmao gahhhhh ok bye

I'm sure your post will be great, whenever you're ready! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Jul 21 2015, 05:30 AM
Post #10
I will leave my heart at the door.
Member No.: 1,454

It has helped me discover new music.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 21 2015, 07:19 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

Sometimes I regret having revealed something about my personal life on plug or something like that, but I've 'met' some really nice people and it's my favourite forum to go on (much better than Digital Spy)

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 21 2015, 07:48 AM
Post #12
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

Buzzjack has given me somewhere to tell everyone when something in my home breaks down.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 21 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #13
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

No I'm joking laugh.gif I legit Love coming onto Buzzjack and talking to everyone. I've made some great friends and through BJSC I've gotten to know more artists that I probably wouldn't have heard of. I guess I'm just greatfull for Buzzjacks existence.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jul 21 2015, 08:26 AM
Post #14
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I would definitely say it has had a positive influence. There truly are lots of amazing people on here and I often laugh so much when I come on here/talk to these people. There's of course the new music side as well, helping me keep up to date and 'in the know' and it also gives me an opportunity to talk about one of my favourite programmes that no one irl I know actually watches, Big Brother!

It probably does give me too much of a distraction but, as others have said, I would find that distraction elsewhere!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jul 21 2015, 08:44 AM
Post #15
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I'd say it's been mostly positive. I always spent loads of time online/on my laptop before I joined here anyway so I can't blame that for not spending enough time studying (though I got a first anyway, so not much). The only time it's ever really been an issue is when I've hosted BJSC, but that's just because I have a life with so many random little things going on it's hard to set aside 4/5 hours to do the final and the same again for prep.

I think in terms of 'meeting' (a few of them for real though) new people, it's been hugely positive. I was on other unnamed forums before this, but I never really felt like I made any connections there with people I could actually chat to off site/for the long term. Y'all know who you are of course. I also really like the finding new music aspect through BJSC, even if it's largely just my being forced to search high and low for a smash that makes it happen. Plus, the power, the power is always nice.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jul 21 2015, 09:27 AM
Post #16
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

It's a positive thing to be a part of but I can't honestly say being a member here has affected my life much at all.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 21 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

did someone spike my water last night orr

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 21 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

It's always been great as a way of discussing music - Music being something I am very passionate about - and my friends are casual music fans at best, so it's good to discuss and debate music with like-minded people. As well as Buzzjack being great for information on the newest music.

But over time, I've made some really good friends - so it has indeed has a positive effect on my life.

When I'm at work, I do probably check Buzzjack a little too much, however.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 21 2015, 10:38 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

OK here is my attempt. As I said before, I started writing out my answer to this last night but in the process I started writing about some really personal things and I would probably feel weird having talked about it so I’m not gonna post that and will make a brand new one now. "Morning is wiser than evening", they say. I think sometimes I'm wary and unsure of how much to reveal about things on here. Occasionally I probably have crossed the line or whatever but there is no denying I actually enjoy that in small doses. It’s a bit of a conundrum because I mean I see people talk about things on the forum all the time, same goes for me of course, but sometimes I have trouble “sensing” what to say and what not. Or how much to say. Buzzjack is definitely a venue for self-expression for me and for all of us, and I like it that way, but I’m sure no one reveals everything about a topic… And while what I was gonna talk about would be rather fun to talk about I think, it really does seem kinda super personal so… I think I’m always slightly aware of coming on too strong at certain times or about certain things, but at the same time I think I have an okay handle on these things so most of the time I do know my limits.

(excuse the essay but I like occasionally writing essays here lol)

(also, excuse the slight psychobabble but I like occasionally writing slight psychobabble here)

I think the main aspect of Buzzjack for me is fun tbh. It originally started out with just me being curious almost seven (!) years ago and it turned into this habit, to log on, which in turn transformed into something else. To be completely honest, I'm not sure how close I actually really am with you guys, but there is simply no getting away from the fact that I have had so much fun here with you and (god this is starting to sound like I'm LEAVING cry.gif) (which I'm most certainly not!) there are so many people that I love talking to. I'm loving how active the Lounge has been recently. The Lounge is definitely my favourite place here because it seems to be where I have the most to say out of all the forums, and also the place I enjoy reading the threads in the most. So it's interesting the way I do feel really connected with you guys even though we may not be as close as some of you guys are.

As for the negatives, well there's only one that I can think of. Buzzjack has never really affected my studies too much (other things occasionally have lmao), but I think the negative is that sometimes I have a tendency to get super hyper and over-excited due to my highly sensitive emotional nature, and I think occasionally Buzzjack brings that out in me. I think it may be partly because I have such a need for communication but in real life it doesn't always come across, so when I'm on Buzzjack my communication "sparks" start to fly lmao, if you know what I mean. And that can make me hyper and I may occasionally act strange. That's the best way I can explain it. Although I think even what I just described as the "negative" is not really truly a negative thing since in actuality it does come from a positive place - just the fact that I enjoy conversing and expressing myself and here I can really do those things. And that's something that no one can take away from me.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jul 21 2015, 10:48 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

It's honestly had a major impact for me. I was actually battling depression back in 2009 so to do so well in the rate that year was an amazing feeling and made me feel grateful for the understanding and supportive community that we have here. I'm only sorry I don't have as much time to spend here now as I feel like I miss an awful lot of interaction with people.

I also met my GF through Tom Kay, who I wouldn't have met without Buzzjack so there's that too.

edit: OH at passing 70,000 posts *.*

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 02:14 AM