BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nicki Minaj & Katy Perry vs Taylor Swift, bad blood pt. IVORY
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Nicki vs Taylor
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 66
Guests cannot vote 
HausAlone
post Jul 21 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Fresh beef going on on Twitter ohmy.gif

Nicki mad that Anaconda / Feeling Myself haven't got the noms they deserve and that it's because of the body image Anaconda celebrates / race issue? I don't know..

I'm sorry but regardless of Taylor getting involved or not, Nicki's attitude acting like she somehow *SHOULD* have been nominated isn't the best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 21 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

️️ ‏@breakoutariana 16m16 minutes ago
You made an entire music video to diss another woman so why don't you practice what you preach? ️️

Taylor Swift @taylorswift13
@NICKIMINAJ I've done nothing but love & support you. It's unlike you to pit women against each other. Maybe one of the men took your slot..

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jul 21 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 223

Nicki is so messy when it comes to things like this, I love it.

To be fair, the most baffling thing is Ed Sheeran sweeping so many nominations ... Thinking Out Loud's video is boring as f***?!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 21 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I think the Thinking Out Loud video is great and I'm glad it isn't being underrated. It is very simple, but that's the beauty of it and we know Ed put in lots of time to learn that routine. It's much better than 'Anaconda' for example for me! kink.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 21 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

It's all rather greedy of her and makes her look a bit up herself considering she's been nominated in other categories! Although I'd be lying if I said I didn't love a good messy twitter face-off. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jul 21 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I think dancing videos are boring in general tbh. I was the same with Single Ladies (and now 7/11 actually) doing so well.

Music videos in general are quite poor lately I think anyway. I think Taylor's are some of the best nominated, Anaconda caused more a reaction for the song than the video imo, but it is good I suppose. I think it's got enough nominations anyway.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 21 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #7
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

is the Taylor/Kanye thing going to be recreated except with Nicki? drama.gif

If Taylor wins she should skip the acceptance speech and run for the hills laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Jul 21 2015, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Jul 21 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #8
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

It's a bit stupid for Nicki to come and fire at Taylor Swift and randomly attacking her like that, especially when it's not up to her (nor her team) to get these nominations but MTV themselves. Not to mention, the video of the year nominations isn't based on the cultural impact (HELLO Gangnam Style?) but rather the overall package of the video itself. Silly Nicki.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 21 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #9
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

lol she goes and films Anaconda and she doesn't think views and virality is enough she wants more promo for the awards as well! banghead.gif

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Jul 21 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #10
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

They're both looking a bit bad for this. Nicki for seemingly appearing to be greedy, and Taylor for being hypocritical! ;O

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Jul 21 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #11
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

Anaconda has without doubt, probably alongside Bad Blood, been the most hyped video of the past 12 months. Everyone was going crazy about it, parodies everywhere, so much controversy. Exactly what got people up in arms about Wrecking Ball and that was rewarded. I understand Nicki being mad, sure she's been nominated elsewhere and it makes her look self entitled, but I have to agree with her.

Not sure why Taylor felt the need to interfere and bring it on herself, not like she's guilty of pitting women against one another, she's the one who decided to create a whole video revolving around an army to take down Katy Perry. She comes across very self obsessed herself to take this criticism on her shoulders imo, when Nicki directed this at nobody.

BUT HOW I LOVE TWITTER BEEF MWAHAHAHA

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Jul 21 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

Tbh I agree with the points Nicki is making . Anaconda was one of the biggest videos of last year and even broke a vevo record so it deserved to be nominated for Video Of The Year.

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Jul 21 2015, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 21 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Neither of the vids have any originality whatsoever. Yeah Anaconda is set in a jungle but only because of the whole male genitalia reference (and that wasn't even Nicki as she sampled that drama.gif)

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jul 21 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I think a #TeamNicki or #TeamTaylor poll needs to be added at once.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 21 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo

I am sorry as much as i love Nicki and the Anaconda video, the VMAs do not (or at least they're not supposed to) reward the most watched or controversial videos - they are (again supposed to be) about the artistic merit aren't they? Nicki has no right to expect to be nominated for video of the year AT ALL.

I know the VMAs have lost a lot of integrity recently and have some wildly inaccurate nominations but no artist should expect to be up there no matter how "culturally impacting!!1" their video was.

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Jul 21 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKübrick @ Jul 21 2015, 11:56 PM) *
I am sorry as much as i love Nicki and the Anaconda video, the VMAs do not (or at least they're not supposed to) reward the most watched or controversial videos - they are (again supposed to be) about the artistic merit aren't they? Nicki has no right to expect to be nominated for video of the year AT ALL.

I know the VMAs have lost a lot of integrity recently and have some wildly inaccurate nominations but no artist should expect to be up there no matter how "culturally impacting!!1" their video was.
Well yes they do otherwise Wrecking Ball wouldn't have been nominated and won Video Of The Year a few years ago.

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Jul 21 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #17
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

QUOTE(HausofKübrick @ Jul 21 2015, 11:56 PM) *

PREACH it Bal.

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Jul 21 2015, 11:57 PM) *
Well yes they do otherwise Wrecking Ball wouldn't have been nominated and won Video Of The Year a few years ago.

Well in that case PSY's Gangnam Style would've got nominated for that category and won it if it was down to how much impact a video has for that category. He didn't and I agree why it wasn't nominated at all.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jul 21 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #18
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Joe. @ Jul 21 2015, 11:53 PM) *
I think a #TeamNicki or #TeamTaylor poll needs to be added at once.

Done!

QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Jul 21 2015, 11:57 PM) *

The 'Wrecking Ball' video created a huge stir but it was also a daring piece harking back to Sinead O'Connor's iconic video and quite clever in what it did. It's all down to personal opinion obviously but ultimately the MTV team have their say and that is that. There is a lot going on in 'Anaconda' granted but there are only 5 videos nominated for that category.. which video would she chuck out to place herself there?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 21 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #19
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Nicki is being ridic. Taylor shouldn't jump to conclusions and get involved tbf because Nicki's attitude isn't about her, it's about her acting like Anaconda should be nominated for every category going. There are HUNDREDS of great videos that will go unrewarded but those artists don't try and cause shit over it...

As for Beyonce I actually much prefer the 7/11 video to Single Ladies.... It's more fun, SL was well done and simple but a bit dull imo. I also think Blank Space should be Video Of The Year rather than Bad Blood, they both deserve recognition but Bad Blood's is a bit style over substance, without the cameos it wouldn't be so great tbh.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 21 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #20
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

#TeamTaylor easily for me even when not considering how much I stan for her. Nicki is overreacting far too much

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:56 AM