Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hazing
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jul 28 2015, 03:11 AM
Post #1
jenny from human resources
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 47

i thought there was a topic here based on a personal experience. i was on plug with many other people and there was a really bizarre attempt to haze me with the truly dreadful, career ruining single 'nasty', there was coordinated talk of secrets and dedications being put out but to no name. it almost felt like an easter egg hunt hosted by a bon marche rocky horror show. it was noticed by everyone, how could you not. it was very funny for the wrong reasons and i went to the toilet where i dropped a secret of my own.

soi whilst it didn't have the desired the effect was blatantly obvious and it's a phenomena that has spread across the net with the rise of social media. we are seeing teenagers commiting suicide down to humiliating actions being exerted upon them.

so i was wondering has anyone here ever been the victim of hazing? be it online or in a classroom or maybe in a workplace. how openly do you talk about it? is it hard?

i ask because the psychology behind hazing is fascinating. generally when people often do bad things such as in arguments, fights etc that is due to heat of the moment. hazing is much more complex and a lot worse. the decision to coordinate a method by which you can garner a negative reaction out of someone and then enacting it in front if other people.

society encourages us to be good people and avoid actions. i find it fascinating of organising something with the intention of causing a negative reaction. is this something that exists inherently within all of us? why does it appear to be coming more prevalent over time even though as a society we are becoming more morally-conscientious, isn't this at odds? the rational etc too

also personal experiences. they hep you grow. understand and discover. cathartic processes yay. i can't recall one of these topics before so thought it'd be a good debate, how can we stop it etc
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 06:27 AM