BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Are Great!, :D
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 28 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

So, I've noticed quite a few negative threads kicking about here over the past week or so, that's not a bad thing, it's nice to talk about things that irritate us from time to time but I thought I'd make this to change the tone a little happy.gif

We are all good at picking out things we don't like about ourselves, I'm sure we could all write a book on the amount of things we wish we could maybe change, so to contrast that it would be cool if you could list at least three things you like about yourself, really anything!

What things do you like about other people on the forum? What kind of things do you like to see in people in general? this is your chance to make others feel good about themselves biggrin.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 28 2015, 10:53 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

What a sweet thread! smile.gif

It'll remain empty no doubt but you seem like a lovely lass smile.gif. Is it 2 weeks until A is unmasked??

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 28 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #3
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

laugh.gif I almost everyone on this site tbh. Everyone is more or less genuinely nice but I do love how a few people go out there way to make others days better and stuff wub.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jul 28 2015, 11:14 AM
Post #4
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Thanks xxx

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for creating this thread Lindsey, it was truly lovely of you heart.gif

Firstly I would like to share some things I wrote when I was 12 lmao (I was a very sentimental kid). It's about things I apparently liked in people at the time (some of it applies specifically to relationships). And I would say some of it still applies now. I wrote this in Estonian originally, but I've translated it. Here goes.

I like people who are kind, understanding, interesting, special (basically all of you! biggrin.gif), people who make you feel comfortable. I wish I was with someone already. I like people who respect others and others' privacy. I like people who are loving in a way that you can actually tell that they love someone. (god this is cheesy)
I like romantic people. Not people who tease and giggle at you and want to know everything and don't respect anyone. But these days it's hard to find Miss Perfect for Mattias (at the time I was heavily only into girls - everyone used to tease me by calling me "ladies man" lol)
I like people who are not vain (that doesn't necessarily bother me anymore btw), and who don't think it's awful when they lose etc.
I like people who don't look for fights. People who are able to give in. Someone who listens. Someone you can talk to and someone who talks back. Good people. (god I was sugary) But you can't have anyone perfect. Only in fairy tales. And my life is no fairy tale. But it's still OK. (lmaao!)
People who are able to apologize when they have a reason to do so. People who don't need everything, or anything. Well. they can still need something, of course.
People who have patience to wait for what they want. People who aren't racist.

It seems I was very high-maintenance back then when it came to my people laugh.gif

Right now in terms of other people, I would say I have a huge soft spot for open-mindedness, sense of humour, and someone who is not afraid to say what's on their mind, as long as it doesn't really hurt anyone. I know that sounds like an extremely basic way of putting it, but it's true. I do also enjoy when someone does challenge my opinion/viewpoint. That can occasionally be very exciting and mind-expanding (is that a word? Well it is now). It shows a lot about the workings of that person as well.

Being good-looking, especially in a way that makes me feel something always helps wink.gif

Probably so many other things, but I just can't think.

In terms of myself, I would also say my open-mindedness. I am such a junkie (especially lately) in terms of hearing other peoples' stories, opinions, thoughts, jokes etc. That's one of the reasons I love this place and you guys. And I think it does take a little bit of courage to open about those things sometimes, so I admire that. I guess I'm working on that myself.

I also like that although quite careful and deliberate in my thinking process at times, I can also be quite witty at times. That's something I really enjoy in others too. I was talking to a friend recently about love and relationships and stuff, and he said something and I jokingly asked "You're not in love with me, are you?" and he replied that he is in love with my sense of humour. That was a huge compliment to me because I really don't even try to be funny, and often I'm really not, it just seems to happen at times.

Also my general optimism, positivity and kindness. Don't get me wrong, I most definitely have a dark side (my astrological birth chart illustrates this as well lol, no1curr), but in general I'm nice I think. A teacher, who I myself found extremely nice, once said to me that I'm "too nice". I wasn't quite sure what to make of that...

I went for a walk earlier and I was thinking about this topic and the things I wanted to say, and I think there were other things but I can't remember what they were so I'll just post this for now.

+Quote Post
Snowblake
post Jul 28 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Aw, what a sweet thread. Very nice idea, Lindsey!

Buzzjack folks, you guys all seem like very lovely people! I know I've only been here for like three weeks (so I haven't really gotten to know any of you that well), but none of you have really rubbed me the wrong way and you are all very nice people! I kind of wish I could say more, but you've all left a good first impression. smile.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ninjabait @ Jul 28 2015, 05:10 PM) *
Aw, what a sweet thread. Very nice idea, Lindsey!

Buzzjack folks, you guys all seem like very lovely people! I know I've only been here for like three weeks (so I haven't really gotten to know any of you that well), but none of you have really rubbed me the wrong way and you are all very nice people! I kind of wish I could say more, but you've all left a good first impression. smile.gif

I had no idea you only joined this month ohmy.gif You have great potential and I hope you stick around!

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jul 28 2015, 04:37 PM
Post #8
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone is awesome
Everyone is cool when you're part of a team
Everyone is awesome when we're living our dream

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jul 28 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #9
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

NINJA FOUND OUT THROUGH PLUG <3

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Jul 28 2015, 05:38 PM) *

Shows how much I've been paying attention tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Snowblake
post Jul 28 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks Matt! I'm definitely planning on it.

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Jul 28 2015, 12:38 PM) *

I actually joined Buzzjack before I started going on plug.dj, haha! I was "shopping around" (basically aggressive Googling with a little lurking mixed in) for music forums when I stumbled upon Buzzjack.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ Jul 28 2015, 05:38 PM) *

The ironic thing is I actually joined Buzzjack for BJSC laugh.gif Sabrewulf asked me to (please post! sad.gif), and it's just a bit funny since I don't take part in it anymore. We'll call it an indefinite hiatus. I like both those words.

*queue 152 "Please come back to BJSC Matt!!!" messsages oops*

omg 152!!! That was just a totally random number! Hi 152chris ohmy.gif Freaky~

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Jul 28 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #13
C A L
Member No.: 20,799

aww cute topic lindsey x

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Jul 28 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Hi Lindsey. Watch out for that crazy chris guy here. Think he's one can short of a 4-pack!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

We will most certainly see in the upcoming RATE how people really feel about each other tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jul 28 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #16
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

I'm amazing and thats all everybody needs to know.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jul 28 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #17
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Great idea for a thread Lindsey wub.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Zondra @ Jul 28 2015, 06:55 PM) *
I'm amazing and thats all everybody needs to know.

I think we already knew that. Do elaborate.

Edit: Actual LOL at my "main" post in this thread as opposed to everyone else's drama.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mattias: Jul 28 2015, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jul 28 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #19
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

#spreadonlinekindness

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jul 28 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

People care about people who care about themselves

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 08:31 AM