BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Do Any Creative Work?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Creativity time folks! Although I have to say, we are all being quite creative in our posts in general lately which I am loving.

But I am talking about the 'obvious' types of things I guess - do you paint? Draw? Make music? etc.

What creative things do you most appreciate in others?

I think I am naturally a very creative person, but I seem to have trouble actually applying it to worthwhile activities in a way that really creates 'good' results. I used to do a bit more creative work such as drawing, painting etc. Right now I am trying to make music on the computer, but I really need to work on it (and myself) in order for it to become of a higher standard. I also write lyrics and have been doing that since I was in the womb. Actually writing in general I have always appreciated. Just the idea of someone writing a few words that can inspire you - that is amazing. It's been happening here A LOT lately.

My sister is a struggling painter and I really admire her because even though she's struggling to earn a living from it, she keeps trying because she just has such a natural talent it's insane. I really appreciate and enjoy looking at paintings, but I actually never really enjoyed being involved in the process of actually creating a painting. It's very messy work and I'm no good at it. Drawing is more what I can do a little bit, although even that I'm not exactly amazing at.

I also love to dance and actually have excellent rhythm (kink.gif) but I like to just improvise with it, like with so many other things. I did used to take Estonian folk dance lessons when I was a kid though.

How could I forget videos... I love watching music videos and videos in general, and really enjoy making them too.

Oh and I sing all the time but not in front of people.

Don't be shy, your turn happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jul 28 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I can drum, play xylophone,and I can play a bit of trumpet. Used to play in the local brass band but I don't have time for that anymore.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 28 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Would making CD covers count here? It's mainly for personal chart purposes so it can look nice but I often design artwork for songs using GIMP. Some turn out worse than others and more often than not they're quite basic, but I like, most of the time, to keep within the style of other artwork by that artist. A few examples of recent(ish) ones I've done:

That's something I like to do to pass the time anyway. I used to write some stories (most of the time as part of a series I created around TV show Primeval) but my interest in that was kinda lost a few years ago. Still though, produced some stories I'm really proud of, it's rare I stick with an idea longer than a week and these lasted about 2 years at least!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 28 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Oh I love that heart.gif So simple, yet captures so much feeling. The choice of photograph, the way it is black and white and even the font selection and the position of it are excellent.

I used to mess around with Photoshop quite a bit, not so much anymore though. I do still take photographs every once in a while.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jul 28 2015, 02:35 PM
Post #5
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jul 28 2015, 03:32 PM) *
Oh I love that heart.gif So simple, yet captures so much feeling. The choice of photograph, the way it is black and white and even the font selection and the position of it are excellent.

I used to mess around with Photoshop quite a bit, not so much anymore though. I do still take photographs every once in a while.

Thanks very much wub.gif It took a while to get that one right actually, I'm a bit of a perfectionist with these things so I'll spend AGES trying to make it look right laugh.gif

It's quite fun to mess around with the different features on Photoshop or any different photo editing software actually, the different effects you can create are really interesting!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 28 2015, 02:50 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I mentioned this in the what do you do thread, but I study Visual Communication so I like to think I'm creative laugh.gif Graphic Design, Photography and Illustration are the three things I enjoy most in my course although I do like doing a lot of other things, I spend so much time drawing, when it comes to doing realistic drawings I'm better at doing animals and objects, people are probably my worst subject yet I tend to draw them most, I think I am improving because I draw faces so much but I'm still no where near the standard I'd like to be. Sure it's not portraiture I want to do as a career but it's something I want to be good at. I also want to find my own kind of style that runs through my work too. Lately I've been editing some of the sketches I've done on my laptop, just for the sake of it really, I'll post a couple so you get the idea angel.gif

the personal photo on my profile of my icon is a drawing I did in the same way

I also play the oboe, tuned percussion and i can kinda play a bit of keyboard happy.gif

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jul 28 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #7
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I make electronic music

https://soundcloud.com/type-set

I must make some more

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 03:16 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Jul 28 2015, 03:50 PM) *
I mentioned this in the what do you do thread, but I study Visual Communication so I like to think I'm creative laugh.gif Graphic Design, Photography and Illustration are the three things I enjoy most in my course although I do like doing a lot of other things, I spend so much time drawing, when it comes to doing realistic drawings I'm better at doing animals and objects, people are probably my worst subject yet I tend to draw them most, I think I am improving because I draw faces so much but I'm still no where near the standard I'd like to be. Sure it's not portraiture I want to do as a career but it's something I want to be good at. I also want to find my own kind of style that runs through my work too. Lately I've been editing some of the sketches I've done on my laptop, just for the sake of it really, I'll post a couple so you get the idea angel.gif

I also play the oboe, tuned percussion and i can kinda play a bit of keyboard happy.gif

Amazing Lindsey ohmy.gif You are so talented! I especially love the first picture.

Also, I have always wondered about the oboe for some reason tongue.gif I can kinda play keyboard as well, as well as guitar, but I'm focusing (or not focusing) on the geeky laptop music for now.

QUOTE(AntoineTTe @ Jul 28 2015, 03:58 PM) *
I make electronic music
https://soundcloud.com/type-set
I must make some more

I really should listen to your stuff properly. What I've heard so far sounds good, I have a lot to learn from you. 'Eternal Sunrise' sounds very Orbital! Was that intentional, may I ask? Not a bad thing btw - I'm very partial to some of their stuff, e.g. 'Blue Album'.

Thanks for sharing your stuff guys and gals, this is so interesting!

+Quote Post
Ninjabait
post Jul 28 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Oh, boy, here we go. I'm currently learning how to play piano/keys (I'm learning several jazz, classical, rock, and pop styles), and I'm floating around the idea of picking up bass soon. I've done photography, image editing, and graphic design though I'm not really passionate about those. I sometimes do some drawing and even got entered into an art show (I cannot be bothered to post any drawings, so no pics), and I used to dabble in pixel art (and actually won contests for that). I also used to do web design but now I'm a little rusty. I do some creative writing from time to time, but I haven't attempted to start a full length story yet (mostly I do short humor writing these days).

However, the main things I do are composition and arrangement. I'm very passionate about that, and want to pursue doing it for a living. I'm self-taught, for the most part, though I'm thinking about taking lessons to improve. I love writing in pretty much any style, and I've given jazz, classical, metal, rock, and video game music shots. Related: I also do mixing, mastering, and production. Here are some links to some things. (warning: last one is...a little long)

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I have written my own stories/poems before and formerly had a blog where I posted them, I haven't visited said blog in years as my life kinda took a different direction, but you can read some of my stories/poems here if you wish, I also had a story published as part of a Creative Writing group I was involved in (and helped to facilitate!).

I do wanna get started on the blogging again when I'm done with my thesis, but I might stick to factual writing and music/films as they are areas I'm a bit more passionate about these days, I really love to write and wish I had more time to do it.

+Quote Post
♡ Heezus Froot ♡
post Jul 28 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #11
a.k.a. Marina XCX
Member No.: 8,335

I've been writing short stories a couple of years now. I hope to write a novel one day, but it requires a lot of ambition. Perhaps a novella? We'll see.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jul 28 2015, 05:20 PM
Post #12
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Jul 28 2015, 03:50 PM) *

http://i62.tinypic.com/2liark5.jpg[/img][img]http://i57.tinypic.com/2rfefjm.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2vuwz75.jpg[/img][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/30tp2dw.jpg

Vis Comm was a nightmare for me drama.gif I lasted 2 weeks laugh.gif

I claim to be an artist, whether I am a good one remains to be seen. I kinda prefer making digital art but have a fondness for collage too.
I tend to potter about on my computer to see what I can do, sometimes it works pretty well-ish

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 28 2015, 06:20 PM) *
I tend to potter about on my computer to see what I can do, sometimes it works pretty well-ish

That is good-ish. jk it's actually really interesting ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jul 28 2015, 05:26 PM
Post #14
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(♡ Heezus Froot ♡ @ Jul 28 2015, 06:10 PM) *
I've been writing short stories a couple of years now. I hope to write a novel one day, but it requires a lot of ambition. Perhaps a novella? We'll see.

If you really wanna write a novel fast then you could check out National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which runs every November for a month and basically involves getting minimum 50,000 words in a month, it doesn't have to be good it just has to be done within the 30 days so no need to worry about editing until later! It was really fun the one time I did it and there's a forum/social media so you can talk to others doing the same (I haven't actually gone back to the novel I wrote yet lol)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 28 2015, 05:28 PM

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Jul 28 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #15
C A L
Member No.: 20,799

well i do love writing and producing music and love to dabble in all genres. i'm a dancer and ex-gymnast so i do often participate in dance routines and displays which is cool and i love it. other than that i don't do much besides englishy-type things like reports and articles as i'm quite keen on journalism.

oh and i study drama which involves writing and starring in plays so i guess you could count that as creative.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 28 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #16
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Those covers are really good Joseph! And I said before Lindsey your artistry is amazing! You could earn a lot should you take it as a profession!

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 28 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #17
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I write Stories. I'm currently working on a Novel.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 28 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #18
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I write various bits and bobs, mostly journalistic and blog stuff like reviews - I haven't written a story in ages! I've just started a tumblr yesterday for music and reality TV bits and bobs actually, funny timing for this thread, but all that's on there is a bloggy mess of my thoughts of this week's BBUS Battle Of The Block.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 28 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #19
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

....I sing in the shower, does that count?

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jul 28 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JSG @ Jul 28 2015, 07:49 PM) *
I write Stories. I'm currently working on a Novel.

That story you sent me was good! Good luck with the novel!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 02:22 AM