BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Britney released one of her past songs..., Which out of these fan favorites would you pick?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
2 POLLS
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #1
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

2 polls to help you now make the two hardest decisions in your entire life.

Explain what you would do with your 2 re-releases. Would you have it remixed to fit in with the current music scene, or make it more radio friendly (hey britney jean)?

How would you imagine the music video?

How do you imagine the promotion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 07:37 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(toxic_air @ Jul 30 2015, 03:35 AM) *
How do you imagine the promotion?

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Poor Sabi being denied her feature credit.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 30 2015, 10:32 AM
Post #4
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Amnesia heart.gif

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Jul 30 2015, 10:44 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

(I've Just Begun) Havin' My Fun & Til It's Gone.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 30 2015, 04:23 AM) *
Poor Sabi being denied her feature credit.

Sabi is a nobody who had the chance to be featured on one of the biggest pop stars in the worlds album... and she used an analogy over cooked vegetables.

I will drag ha until she bleeds.

Thank u 4 flying toxic air~

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 30 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #7
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jul 30 2015, 11:16 AM
Post #8
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

DY. ING. at Tyler's comment!

===

I went for '(I Got That) Boom Boom' & 'Amnesia'.

I always felt 'In The Zone''s era was cut way too short and had she had choreo for IGTBB instead of 'Outrageous' (which was always a slightly off single choice imo) then her knee would perhaps still be in tact and we'd still have confident danceney right now (which would hopefully have led to more promo!).

Then of COURSE. 'Amnesia'. Which would have been a FAR better and preferable choice as third single over 'If U Seek Basic'. I would then have followed it with 'Unusual You' or 'Out From Under'. Probs the latter, as it's a lot more radio friendly, but UY would've been a 4th single so it could've worked/wouldn't have matter if it was too intricate for the casual audiences and under performed.

Now if I was going for purely selfish reasons and gone for my favourites, I'd have gone for 'Shadow' (but 4th single behind 'Everytime'? Nah) and 'Hot As Ice' or 'Toy Soldier' (because the 'Blackout' era was ridiculously short!)

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 30 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #9
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I went for "He About To Lose Me" (yes I know, being biased), but I really think she should have chose this instead of "Criminal" as the fourth single on Femme Fatale and the slow ballad that followed the first thing dance ones.

Criminal, whilst being 'okay' is horrid compared to HATLM.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #10

My top 5 from each:

98-05
-Before The Goodbye
-Lonely
-Touch of My Hand
-Breathe On Me
-Mona Lisa (only the original cut she aired on the radio, not the "she's been cloned" one on the Chaotic EP. If that's not applicable for you I'd pick 'Cinderella')

06-15
-And Then We Kiss
-Hot As Ice
-Amnesia
-Phonography
-Alien (I may dislike 'Britney Jean' as a whole but this and the singles are solid 11/10 moments... too bad for the rest)

ACTUAL CHOICES:

Early Britney:
BEFORE THE GOODBYE.

This song was so ahead of its time. It was made at the end of 2000 and 15 years later it still sounds more fresh than half of the current ITUNES chart. Same goes for at the time, it would have been a risk but so was 'Slave'. 'Britney' would have been the perfect album for a re-release and this track should have been the lead instead of just a bonus track. I imagine the video being similar to 'Born To Make You Happy' with perhaps a more regal approach to the clothing.

CURRENTNEY

AMNESIA.

HOLY f***KKKKKKKK I AM STILL SO LIVID AT THE MISSED OPPURTUNITY ON THIS BEING A WELL KNOWN CLASSIC AMONG THE GENERAL POPULATION. NOT EVEN ON THE MAIN ALBUM. NOT EVEN ON THE MAIN BONUS TRACKS? BUT WE GET 'MY f***ING BABY'. IT WOULD HAVE SMASHED WITH 0 PROMO JUST A DECENT VIDEO. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE THIRD SINGLE OFF CIRCUS. IT SHOULD BE RELEASED TODAY. SAME VIBE AS PRETTY GIRLS VIDEO BUT WITH REFERENCES TO EITHER GREASE OR THE BREAKFAST CLUB. IF THEY PULL THIS SHIT WITH TAYLOR SWIFT AND 'NEW ROMANTICS' IS NOT THE NEXT SINGLE IT WILL BE EQUIVALENT TO STABBING ME IN THE HEART WITH THE SAME EXACT AMNESIA KNIFE.

IF BRITNEY CAN MAKE IT THROUGH 2007 I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THIS POST (TRAUMATIC STRESS).

This post has been edited by toxic_air: Jul 30 2015, 12:20 PM

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I Got That Boom Boom was a hit waiting to happen.

I like Amnesia also however Unusual You needed to happen.

Deciding on Britney's music post 2006 is so damn hard.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #12

I agree full stop that 'Unusual You' should have been a single.

But, IN A PERFECT WORLD THAT DOESNT PISS ME OFF LIKE THIS ONE, 'Amnesia' would have been perfect for the third single. It would have been released in mid March gearing it up for a Spring release, which would have been perfect. Then the fourth single should have totally been 'Shattered Glass' with a Gaga feature for a third verse (late Summer smash). Then finish it off with a Fall release of 'Unusual You' tying up the era before releasing '3'.

Christ. A dead toddler could have mapped out that era after the first two singles.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Unusual You had a single 5 vibe about it.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Jul 30 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 5,392

to hard to choose, but went obv with BOM and ATWK

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jul 30 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #15
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

If only "Til It's Gone" was a single instead of "Perfume"...

+Quote Post
SamJudd
post Jul 30 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #16
There you go, you're like fireworks...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

This was really hard and it was a toss up between a couple of tracks for me. For the first section I was torn between "Breathe On Me" and "Mona Lisa", both are fantastic and both would have been massive if released. But went with the latter "ML". That would have been such an interesting choice, but glad we got the "In The Zone" album, but also would have been great if the cancelled "Original Doll" did get released, it would have been such an interesting part of her career and especially following on from the massive 4th album era.

"Breathe On Me" was also another missed opportunity, especially in the UK after the massive success of the first 3 singles, then the dire "Outrageous" given a American release. I don't think "BOM" would have been another #1 for her, I reckon it would have charted in the top 3 at least #2 or #3, and then a fifth single could have been possible with tracks such as "I Got That Boom Boom" and "Touch Of My Hand", either would have been great, and plus both "BOM" and "IGTBB" would have had banging music videos, it could have stood as her strongest and most interesting era of her career.

From the second section, again it was another hard choice with so many amazing numbers. I was torn between "And Then We Kiss", "Hot As Ice" and "Amnesia". All had potential, but went with "Hot As Ice", don't really know why, considering that it was never planned from the Blackout era "Radar" was planned and then ended up on "Circus" and belated released. But I think that "HAI" would have been a much more interesting choice, and would have been much better ending that era after 4 singles instead of just 3.

"And Then We Kiss" is one of her lost gems on her remix album, but I reckon that it was intended for the cancelled "Original Doll" album, and if that worked out, it would have been a brilliant follow up to "Mona Lisa", which would have been awesome. Then as for "Amnesia", which I only recently discovered and missed it the first time round, due to it being a bonus track on the "Circus" album. I always thought that "Unusual You" would been the perfect 4th and final single, but after discovering "Amnesia", that would have been so great and different, and an awesome end to that era.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 10:23 AM