BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cecil the Lion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 10:14 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I'm gonna go ahead and start with... Why is everyone making such a big deal? Sure it's sad and cruel but we slaughter chickens, cows, duck etc. everyday for our gluteny. What makes this particular animal different?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jul 30 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #2
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I know where this is going but...the lion was actually protected by law so it's different to animals just slaughtered for food (plus it's trophy hunting which is a tad more FROWNED UPON generally particularly with endangered animals). The hunt was illegal, the landowner had no right to allow it. If you've looked into the story more, you might gather why there's been a big reaction.

Anyway, this is truly disgusting (particularly that he even took a picture next to it) and I hope he gets the justice he deserves. The worst thing about it was some US big shot who went in with the intention of solely looking for glory, ugh.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 10:31 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Didn't he pay 35K to the Zimbabwe government to kill the animal though? I'm not justifying his actions as it seems cruel. There's juat a lot if hype around it at the moment.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Jul 30 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #4
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 30 2015, 11:31 AM) *
Didn't he pay 35K to the Zimbabwe government to kill the animal though? I'm not justifying his actions as it seems cruel. There's juat a lot if hype around it at the moment.

No I think the 35,000 was paid to the people leading the hunt.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jul 30 2015, 10:55 AM
Post #5
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

I'm really disheartened by this. It's horrendous! He should not have been allowed to poach the animal at all. How people can be allowed to hunt animals "for sport" is quite possibly the worst law, ever. How they were even allowed to "bait" him out of the illegal killing zone to the legal killing zone when the lion wasn't there on his own accord is horrific. The worst thing is, Cecil didn't die at first, until they got him again 40 HOURS LATER!

I understand why hunting is needed to be done in various points (although I would still never do it myself as it's still cruel!), but I honestly don't get why people would want to actively hunt beautiful creatures just for sport and then use them as "trophies"? It's really disgusting and I really hope they deal with Walter in whatever means necessary and whichever way they see fit.

I found this article on BuzzFeed yesterday too, about "how killing a lion is the most cowardly thing you can do"

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jul 30 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #6
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

First of all, from what I've read, Cecil was wounded and had to be in pain for several hours before finally being murdered. That's not exactly the treatment cows/chickens/etc. undergo at all. And second of all, hunting for fun is f***ing idiotic and serves no purpose whatsoever. Given he already went through all that jazz of being caught killing animals and he continues doing that, I think it's not premature to assume this dentist is a full blown fucking psychopath.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 30 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #7
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I fully agree with Pavlova and Jonjo. I've been trying to find the words to say it bur you did it for me.

I'd rather see his head on the wall than the lion's head

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 11:09 AM
Post #8
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 30 2015, 06:55 AM) *
I'm really disheartened by this. It's horrendous! He should not have been allowed to poach the animal at all. How people can be allowed to hunt animals "for sport" is quite possibly the worst law, ever. How they were even allowed to "bait" him out of the illegal killing zone to the legal killing zone when the lion wasn't there on his own accord is horrific. The worst thing is, Cecil didn't die at first, until they got him again 40 HOURS LATER!

I understand why hunting is needed to be done in various points (although I would still never do it myself as it's still cruel!), but I honestly don't get why people would want to actively hunt beautiful creatures just for sport and then use them as "trophies"? It's really disgusting and I really hope they deal with Walter in whatever means necessary and whichever way they see fit.

I found this article on BuzzFeed yesterday too, about "how killing a lion is the most cowardly thing you can do"

This this and THIS.

It's f***ing disgusting, the world being in an uproar doesn't even cover what should happen to that man.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

And the people who allowed it to happen? The land owner, Zimbabwe government?

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Jul 30 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #10
C A L
Member No.: 20,799

f***ing pathetic and i say we poach him tbh

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 30 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #11
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

The land owner and guides were the taken to court yesterday I believe

The Zimbabwian government cannot be punished for this can they? I mean they didn't shoot the lion did they

This post has been edited by *Tim: Jul 30 2015, 12:29 PM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 30 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #12
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 30 2015, 08:20 AM) *
And the people who allowed it to happen? The land owner, Zimbabwe government?

All should be dealt with. But, at the same time... they weren't the ones to actually carry it out.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Well the man's a coward anyway. I mean if you're gonna do something then stick to your morals, not pull the apology card because you've been outed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33710613

I find it interesting that the reason this is being so hyped in the media is the link to one of the country's top universities and brings you to question the other 600+ lions slaughtered in this bizarre, inhumane game of hunting.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 30 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

But to clarify, I am saddened by it all. It's like reliving The Lion King sad.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Jul 30 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #15
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

No, he did not apologise for his despicable actions. He apologised to his PATIENTS for PEOPLE's anger towards HIM. He's really f***ing sick.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jul 30 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #16
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

He is well known in the American hunting community. In 2006, he was found guilty of killing a black bear outside an authorised zone in the state of Wisconsin and lying to authorities about it. He was fined $3,000 (1,900).
Mr Palmer has visited Zimbabwe for hunting trips in the past and one image posted online in 2010 shows him posing with a leopard he killed.

:/, just gets worse (had no idea he was a father either, kinda sad)

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 31 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #17
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

There are others like him in America...my parents know a guy who has gone hunting in Africa at least once and has a massive amount of animals mounted at his house. I just don't get the mindset at all, the need to show your superiority as a human by killing other animals for fun. The Earth belongs to all species.

If anything positive can come from this, maybe all the backlash will diminish the appeal of hunting.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 31 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

first off, I don't approve of hunting for sport (if you can call facing an animal with weapons a sport - it's hardly a fair fight, the hunter always wins) and I would ban it.

I also despise the loss of endangered species, all of them, not just the famous one, but all the frogs and tiny birds that no-one gives a toss about.

That said, and speaking as a vegetarian, I think the world has gone into over-drive over one lion. Thousands of animals are shot every day by hunters, for sport, and no-one cries out about demanding they be crucified. If you eat animals, no difference to me, sorry. Sticking a chicken in a cage for it's entire short life, force fed, no feathers is a form of torture far worse than a slow death for a creature that, while impressive, happily kills and munches on anything nearby itself, albeit for food not for fun.

The dentist is a d*ck, bragging about how he can kill a dangerous animal (as if anyone with a rifle couldn't and he's specially macho for doing it) but I'm guessing most people demanding he be destroyed for it will happily enjoy a chicken sandwich in the evening, or a burger happy in the knowledge that the cow didn't suffer as it spent hours crushed in a lorry being driven to a slaughterhouse where the stench of fear as fellow cows get electrocuted, stunned, hung up by a leg and have their throats slit before conveniently turning into burgers so no-one has to think about it.

Yeah, sorry, not convinced, that's much worse. At least the lion was in his own environment when he died...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 04:01 AM