BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is Your Sleep Like?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 08:14 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

This might be a potentially interesting thread.

Sleep.

Yeah.

We need it.

Some of us don't get enough though.

What is your sleep like? Do you go to bed early/late or does it vary a lot? Do you often have trouble falling asleep? Do you wake up in the middle of the night or way too early? Ever have sleep paralysis? Ever sleepwalk? Have you been told you snore? etc.

Not too long ago I used to be a consistently very good sleeper, no matter what time I went to bed I got a sufficient amount of sleep usually, and almost never woke up too early or in the middle of the night.

Ha!

That is SO not the case now. I often stay up so late for no reason now and can't switch off my mind. Also I've been waking up really early every single morning almost. I'm talking 4/5/6. Even if I don't need to. It's really annoying because I'd like to get my eight hours pls. Occasionally these days though if I do manage to go to bed really early (which is rare), then I do get an okay amount of sleep.

I don't really feel tired though for some reason - even though I haven't slept for shit. In fact I feel rather full of energy which is strange. I am aware that I need sleep regardless though. I was prescribed some kind of sleeping pills but I haven't taken them yet.

My sister used to often say to me that I talk in my sleep laugh.gif Apparently I say the most random things. Not too different from what I'm like when awake mind you!

Ok you go!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This post has been edited by Mattias: Aug 1 2015, 01:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 1 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #2
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

I used to stay up that late too but now I can't stay up past midnight really. On a school night I go to bed about 10 and wake up at 7 and still manage to be absolutely knackered in school, I don't like going to sleep any earlier though cause all the excitign stuff happens at night. sad.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 09:53 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Josh. @ Aug 1 2015, 10:50 AM) *
I used to stay up that late too but now I can't stay up past midnight really.

I wish I was like you sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Aug 1 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #4
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I usually got to bed about 12 and get up about 7 for work, though as I'm not working at the moment that has shifted to 1 and 9, which is nice. I generally sleep very, very well unless it's super warm (which it almost never is here, bar our annual 2 week summer) when I can never get cool enough. Sadly my body is almost totally programmed into a 7/8 hour sleep pattern now so I can't ever sleep in to like midday or anything, even if I had the chance.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 10:32 AM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I had a few years of "temporary mild insomnia" that I just couldn't sleep around about the age of 13-16 or something like that. Now I somehow can sleep again. My mind distracts me sometimes. I usually go to back between 10:30 to 11:30 then I stay up till about 1/1:30 watching videos on YouTube. lol.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I'm worried that my body will become used to waking up at 4 pretty much every morning sad.gif It's been like this for so long now. Gahhhh!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 1 2015, 11:43 AM
Post #7
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

mine is a mess and always has been since I was like 12. For a start I sleep way too much, most people need about eight hours sleep, I'd say I need at least ten. I quite often will sleep for like 12-13 hours, especially on weekends where I don't even need to bother getting out of bed laugh.gif It takes me so long to fall asleep though, even when I need to get up at like 8am, it's still unlikely I will fall asleep before 1am. Sometimes I end up running on 4/5 hours of sleep because of that... I have a mild form of epilepsy, my "episodes" are mostly triggered by stress and lack of sleep, so if I don't get enough I'm a bit of a state the next day. I went to bed at like 4am this morning and woke up about an hour ago, so sometimes I do sleep a normal amount angel.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 1 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #8
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

My sleep pattern used to be awful when I worked shifts, and I used to find it hard to sleep.

Now I probably go to sleep around 12am on a weeknight, and I'm awake just after 7am. On weekends if I'm not out I may stay up a little bit later, and I might wake up about 8.30/9. I used to be able to sleep in for most of the day, but I just cannot do it anymore. My body just wakes up at 7.30am regardless of what day it is.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I want to sleep in for once sad.gif Just to get back to my regular routine of doing it sometimes. I honestly don't know what the hell is going on with my sleep these days laugh.gif Too much Buzzjack probably tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 1 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

My sleep is shit, basically.

Most nights I go to bed sometime between midnight and 1, never later than 2. I then go on my phone/laptop in bed for about and hour and then take an hour to go to sleep. I have to wake up at 8 for work, so I get five hours. Could be worse, but I still get knackered a lot of the time.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Aug 1 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #11
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I haven't had a sleep pattern for two years now. I work nights Sunday - Wednesday and I don't have trouble sleeping during the day (most of the time), but Thursday I have trouble sleeping, I try to just sleep until midday so I will then sleep through the night, but it doesn't always happen, which usually means I'm just a sleepy mess the whole day and most of the night until like 3am, then i'm up and about for the day, which means on a Friday I'm ready to go back to bed at 8pm laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 1 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My sleeping pattern is an utter mess laugh.gif some nights I fall asleep at midnight, others at like about 2am and sometimes even about 5am (the more common one at the moment). Lack of routine = lack of respectable sleeping pattern. Still, about a month ago my sleep was really bad and I didn't even sleep at all some nights, so I'm glad that lately I'm managing a decent night of sleep again. Yay summer holidays~

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 1 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

According to my Misfit app, I get on average 7hrs 11mins of sleep a night. I'm partial to a good 10hr sleep every now and then on the weekends, especially if I've had a poor night sleep the night before. Sleeping for 14hrs isn't unheard of for me either. I am such a heavy sleeper. The amount of thunderstorms I've slept through, with the window open, is huge. It really takes a lot to wake me. On the flip side, when I'm trying to get to sleep I'm super sensitive to noise. I really like the rain to sleep to, have to in Scotland, but otherwise it usually has to be fairly quiet for me to actually get to sleep.

I do function really well on next to no sleep, just as long as it's not after 2-3 nights of no sleep.

When I was wee I could sleep anywhere but I'm so tall now that I can't sleep on aircraft which is a bitch for long journeys. I don't suffer from JetLag though!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 04:23 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I can NEVER sleep on an airplane, car, train or any other vehicle. It's just impossible for me for some strange mysterious reason. It just doesn't happen. I can close my eyes for an hour if I wish, but I'm still awake.

Same problem with napping, although I am able to do it sometimes if I'm really tired.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 1 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I can't remember the last time I slept before 2am...More commonly now it's 4 or 5 unless I have to get up before midday in which case it will the shockingly early 2am. Or so it should be but it still ends up being 3 or 4am... I'm ok on like 4/5 hours sleep though if I have to function on that much.

I can only sleep in bed too, never on the sofa or in the car or anything. I don't nap that much either, if I'm really tired I will for like an hour but it makes me feel worse so I try my hardest not to nap.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 1 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #16
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Let's just say that calloing it a patern is generousity at its finest. An utter mess and a half

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Aug 1 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #17
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I've somehow adapted to be able to fall asleep anywhere! Any sort of transport where I'm not actively making it move is good sleeping spot for me! As of recent due to exams and then work I've had quite a good sleeping pattern, asleep before midnight and I can never sleep past 9am! not that I actually get up until a couple hours later if I don't have to be anywhere. In society's view this would be pretty good but on plug.dj I'm an earlybird so I'm falling asleep before most of you join! I'm also the one on a night out who gets very tired once the alcohol has worn off and I'm often the one dragging my friends home at 4am laugh.gif

I'm also a talented napper but sleeping however sleeping in someone else's bed/an unfamiliar environment is my downfall.

This post has been edited by Kl▲mzee: Aug 1 2015, 04:59 PM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #18
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

While plug.dj is around there's no such thing as a "sleep pattern" tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Aug 1 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #19
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

What is sleep tbh

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 1 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#DivinersHYPE. @ Aug 1 2015, 06:13 PM) *
While plug.dj is around there's no such thing as a "sleep pattern" tbh laugh.gif

True.

So often I'm like "ok i'm gonna go now bye", followed by "nooo i don't wanna leave but i should, hmm, dilemma", "i feel like such an insomniac", "i'll go after my next song", *goes ten songs later*

This post has been edited by Mattias: Aug 1 2015, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 05:33 AM