BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you didn't know you could do on Buzzjack~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Aug 1 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

As we anxiously wait for the NEW SITE let us explore the many hidden, secret features on the site we have currently.

I have just been informed that it is possible to go through every single post made by a user (profile > options > find member's posts) ohmy.gif This has revolutionised by BJ stalking vibes now ~ It also took me years to work out how to multi-quote posts and that the little orange box next to a thread took you to the last unread post ohmy.gif

What are you still discovering about the site and any handy tricks you can share?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 1 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #2
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Well like I've said before, I only discovered you could see previous shouts on the shoutbox like last week laugh.gif

I also figured out a couple of days ago that if you click the number of posts on a thread it tells you how many each person has made, I'm learning, I'm getting there slowly rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Aug 1 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Aug 1 2015, 06:34 PM) *
Well like I've said before, I only discovered you could see previous shouts on the shoutbox like last week laugh.gif

I also figured out a couple of days ago that if you click the number of posts on a thread it tells you how many each person has made, I'm learning, I'm getting there slowly rolleyes.gif

I actually thought about you only just discovering the wonders of the shoutbox while typing up this thread laugh.gif You've missed SO MUCH essential & intellectual discussion in there, you should read the entire thing back from the beginning and catch up happy.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Anyone else have a REALLY GOOD feeling ha Lounge will be the #1 forum this week? biggrin.gif thx Mattias/lung modificationizers cool2.gif
QUOTE(HausofKübrick @ Aug 1 2015, 06:30 PM) *
I have just been informed that it is possible to go through every single post made by a user (profile > options > find member's posts) ohmy.gif This has revolutionised by BJ stalking vibes now ~ It also took me years to work out how to multi-quote posts and that the little orange box next to a thread took you to the last unread post ohmy.gif

Flopmod, I knew how to do this MONTHS AGO wink.gif

I looked on a thread the other day and found out I could choose which floppy artist forums to show/hide on the main page!
Oh and a couple of the screenshot posts in said thread showed quick reply thingies? I'm familiar with the concept but not on here!
Oh and I've not long figured out the orange squares too. But it doesn't seem to always be accurate mellow.gif (Especially when I switch reading it from my ipod to my laptop :/)

This post has been edited by #DivinersHYPE.: Aug 1 2015, 05:38 PM

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 1 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I still find new things on here all the time and I've been around for over 6 years haha. I don't know how much of this is blatantly obvious but these all took me years to find / realise:

- you can resize the 'fast reply' box to any size you want by dragging the bottom right corner
- you can go to the original post from a quote box by clicking the little arrow next to the date and time
- you can do this (hover over)
- you can change the titles of threads in forums you moderate by just clicking and holding the titles (and the subtitles by just clicking them)
- there is a notepad on the control panel!!1!

I'm sure there are plenty of other ~discoveries~ I'm forgetting.

(The YouTube embed autoplay feature was also a late discovery but it wasn't me that discovered it and I don't know how anyone did, did someone just try putting '&autoplay=1' there for fun one day or is it written down somewhere that this is a thing you can do?)

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 1 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #6
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

would that not take years? drama.gif

I do enjoy reading through it at the end of the day though to see what's been going on, half the time I haven't a clue, I'm sure there was stuff in arabic or something last night laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 1 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I found out a few months ago that if you click on the little folder at the start of a thread, in a forum you have mod powers in, then you can lock/unlock it.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Aug 1 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #8
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(『bré』 @ Aug 1 2015, 06:38 PM) *
I still find new things on here all the time and I've been around for over 6 years haha. I don't know how much of this is blatantly obvious but these all took me years to find / realise:

mellow.gif omg i am always going to use this mellow.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(『bré』 @ Aug 1 2015, 06:38 PM) *
- you can resize the 'fast reply' box to any size you want by dragging the bottom right corner
- you can go to the original post from a quote box by clicking the little arrow next to the date and time
- you can change the titles of threads in forums you moderate by just clicking and holding the titles (and the subtitles by just clicking them)
- there is a notepad on the control panel!!1!

I'm sure there are plenty of other ~discoveries~ I'm forgetting.

Not in internet explorer (rip the one who screenshotted using it sad.gif )
Poor ha sad.gif
Lol me quoting this let me see [acronym which I've never seen in the reply box ohmy.gif (Are there any other hidden things like this? thinking.gif)
Non-mod shade sleep.gif
Poor ha again :')

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 1 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Silas @ Aug 1 2015, 06:39 PM) *
I found out a few months ago that if you click on the little folder at the start of a thread, in a forum you have mod powers in, then you can lock/unlock it.

I actually discovered this by accident while browsing on mobile, I'd never think to click there otherwise!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 1 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #11
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(Silas @ Aug 1 2015, 05:39 PM) *

MessT this would've bene so handy in the Rih forum during those Least Fave polls drama.gif

I only found out a few months ago that my PM box actually tracks the PM's I send. I've always clicked the box but I never found out how I could track them.
Apparantly it was hidden in the messenger

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 1 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I had NO idea how people were editing subtitles and never really questioned it until I wanted to do so for my BJSC national thread, when I just found out it's the edit button on the first post. laugh.gif OH and I had no idea that you could click on the 'Last Clicked' thing above the list of names for ages, yay 4 random stalking functions :')

Also, the one that Lindsey mentioned about finding out who has posted the most in a thread, only figured that one out a few weeks ago!

This post has been edited by Jade: Aug 1 2015, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #13

I also didn't know Regina could edit Mattias' signature laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 1 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I literally only found out last week how to multiquote.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 1 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #15

It also took me a while after I became a mod to figure out that you can choose to include an edit line or not when editing a post, which means it's possible to delete edit lines from old posts. I do this every time I come across one of my old posts that still has an edit line. Lol ~

(actually I've just straight up deleted my old posts when I come across them a lot of the time because no one needs to see them)

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 1 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#DivinersHYPE. @ Aug 1 2015, 06:52 PM) *
I also didn't know Regina could edit Mattias' signature laugh.gif

!!!

To add to that, I didn't think Mattias could ever become top 3 in the poster's chart. I mean wtf?

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #17

I'm looking all over the screen and I'm seeing all these things ohmy.gif
I've never used the undo/redo buttons when posting. Also did not see the remove formating image!
Also what are the blue squares under a username? I always thought they were average posts per day!
And I've never used Search this Topic, I've always used the horrible search engine which you can only use like once a minute because Buzzjack needs a Noah's Ark for the "flooding" drama.gif
I bet there's plenty more of these secrets on the site. Keep us all posted (kink.gif) guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 1 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #18
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I never knew about the orange square thing until this week! Also had no idea about most of the things Bré's posted about.

I didn't know the shoutbox allowed for different formats (e.g. colour and sizes) until recently either.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Froot. @ Aug 1 2015, 07:05 PM) *
I never knew about the orange square thing until this week! Also had no idea about most of the things Bré's posted about.

I didn't know the shoutbox allowed for different formats (e.g. colour and sizes) until recently either.

I only know it doesn't allow [youtube or [img

+Quote Post
Jester
post Aug 1 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #20
On Hold
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

Seems there are many things which I assumed you all knew ohmy.gif

Perhaps we need a tips thread as well?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 12:46 AM