BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The STATE of Buzzjack at the moment part two, positivity~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Aug 1 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I remember we used to have some thread where people would bitch and moan about the state of Buzzjack. I think it's time to do the opposite - what do you think is going right for the forum at the moment? I think there are some pretty obvious things, but how would you express them? What are your own personal experiences regarding this?

I personally, throughout my whole almost seven years of being here, have never felt as close to you as I do now and am just loving all the interesting discussions (half of which were of course initiated by me! kink.gif). Plug.dj has also been just such a vital part of our community experience. I honestly cannot thank you people enough for all the feels and shit.

I feel like we are all constantly growing as posters and as people, and I can definitely get a sense of this about myself.

I feel like we are all opening up so so much lately, perhaps in ways that we didn't before. I almost feel like I can say anything now without feeling TOO awkward about it, or without the fear of being judged or being seen as weird. We are like a big family who are all free to feel comfortable around each other. #cheesefest

What do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 11:43 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

All I'm saying is you need to claim ownership of the site tbh. The lounge hasn't been this fun since the Hunger Games laugh.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 1 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#DivinersHYPE. @ Aug 2 2015, 12:43 AM) *
All I'm saying is you need to claim ownership of the site tbh. The lounge hasn't been this fun since the Hunger Games laugh.gif

Make me Lounge mod tbh.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 1 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mattias @ Aug 2 2015, 12:44 AM) *
Make me Lounge mod tbh.

Don't see any reason why not. Oh, apart from there are already 6 of them so maybe you'll have to wait until they step down because they've recently had a f*ck load of posts to moderate : O

Edit: 2 green globs are currently reading the thread. You might be in luck! magic.gif

This post has been edited by #DivinersHYPE.: Aug 1 2015, 11:49 PM

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 1 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#DivinersHYPE. @ Aug 2 2015, 12:48 AM) *
Don't see any reason why not. Oh, apart from there are already 6 of them so maybe you'll have to wait until they step down because they've recently had a f*ck load of posts to moderate : O

It was a joke (mostly). I don't know if I would be able to handle it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Aug 2 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #6
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

We are getting closer, but at the same time it makes it easier to alienate any poster who messes up like once. Remember Adam and his Hunger Games spiel? He became a hate figure on the site for weeks. Andrew Froot is also another recent case.

That kind of mentality was what drove me out of my last forum because it led to group cyberbullying, and I promised myself that I would try to help prevent that if I ever became a prominent figure here. Hopefully this means I'm doing a good job.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Aug 2 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I would genuinely step down as a lounge mod if spadam could take my place ~ deal?

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 2 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #8
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKübrick @ Aug 2 2015, 01:02 AM) *
I would genuinely step down as a lounge mod if spadam could take my place ~ deal?

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I just find it hilarious how below that cheesy positive opening post of mine, lies "f*** you Mattias". And isn't it ironic, don't you think? etc

I always feel a little awkward when I write stuff like that here btw. But I really wanted to write it at the time (34 minutes ago).

Forever conflicted lmao

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 2 2015, 12:14 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(HausofKübrick @ Aug 2 2015, 01:02 AM) *

omg
Modifying the lounge.
I would first have to rearrange those cushions in the corner. They just don't look right mellow.gif
But imagine me modifying something tho. I've been in power before for example on wikia (no not just Spinning Adam wiki lmao) but I'm not sure how people would take me being such a serious poster ohmy.gif laugh.gif (nu Silas jk)

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 2 2015, 12:15 AM
Post #11
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

The site has had an absurd renaissance that I genuinely would never have called this time two years ago. It must be one of the few forums currently that's actually managed to develop a new community rather than follow the trend of slow decline as a community fades away. It was remarkable enough that it did that once around 2010. I'm shocked it's done so twice. Even if I don't see myself connecting with the new community in the same way I ever connected with the older ones (too positive and lacking in edge for my taste, but it's also a generational thing), I can't fault it as a tightknit and seriously active community at all.

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2015, 12:16 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Someone please say something as deep as I did so I won't feel as awkward ok.

Edit: Ok, Tyron came close. Thanks T.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Aug 2 2015, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 2 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

That said if Adam becomes a moderator any time in the next two years I will take it all back and seek to only destroy. He's not quite at the low he was operating on a couple of months ago but CHRIST that posting style's a little too close to 14 y.o. for comfort

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2015, 12:19 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Adam is the 14 year old in all of us.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 2 2015, 12:19 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Mattias @ Aug 2 2015, 01:16 AM) *
Someone please say something as deep as I did so I won't feel as awkward ok.

Edit: Ok, Tyron came close. Thanks T.

I have the thoughts but just cannot put them onto here. Why? idek.
Also there is no space before T kink.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 2 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Qassändra @ Aug 2 2015, 01:17 AM) *
That said if Adam becomes a moderator any time in the next two years I will take it all back and seek to only destroy. He's not quite at the low he was operating on a couple of months ago but CHRIST that posting style's a little too close to 14 y.o. for comfort

You'd be very surprised how serious I would take things tbh.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 2 2015, 12:21 AM
Post #17
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Aug 2 2015, 01:02 AM) *
We are getting closer, but at the same time it makes it easier to alienate any poster who messes up like once. Remember Adam and his Hunger Games spiel? He became a hate figure on the site for weeks. Andrew Froot is also another recent case.

That kind of mentality was what drove me out of my last forum because it led to group cyberbullying, and I promised myself that I would try to help prevent that if I ever became a prominent figure here. Hopefully this means I'm doing a good job.

I disagree - I don't think Buzzjack has ever been the kind of place that called out people who messed up once. You only have to look at Iz's My Little Pony debut and how little anything actually came of that other than a running joke. As a rule, it's only really repeat offenders that get people commenting.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 2 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I've been really enjoying BuzzJack this year of course. Lee kickstarting plug.dj back in February has definitely given the site a new lease of life, for a lot of posters who never would have talked on the forum (me and Jake for example) ended up forming bonds and thus seeped onto the forum. It's great seeing such a close community form, reiterated by the fact that I've seen multiple users state that they feel like they can air their issues on here (heck I even did so around a week ago). So yes it's wondrous to see such a thriving community right now with the Lounge really heaving in activity currently (partly down to yourself Mattias of course, haha!).

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 2 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I would say Buzzjack is lovely to be a part of and much better than Digital Spy. There are some lovely and kind people on here, although as with all forums I can name there are a few users who love bringing people down and sometimes I feel people can be cruel. That's life though!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 2 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #20
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#DivinersHYPE. @ Aug 2 2015, 01:20 AM) *
You'd be very surprised how serious I would take things tbh.

No no, I imagine you would take it very seriously. I just think your version of very seriously wouldn't be suited to moderation at all any time soon.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 12:23 PM