BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School, your experiences
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 01:59 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Inspired once again by another topic. Topics are inspiring.

What are/were you like at school? Favourite/least favourite subjects? Behaviour? Were you bullied? Did you bully? lol.

As I said in another thread, I used to skip school a ridiculous amount, but I won't go into that again. There were times I definitely enjoyed of course, Sabrewulf and I in particular had some of the best deep and hilarious chats during lunch break during our final year - lunch break went from being my least favourite thing about school to being my favourite, most treasured, part about school.

I was shy though. I was afraid to properly speak to the girl I was in love with for pretty much during my whole secondary school experience. Even when she tried to encourage me. So yeah... Funnily enough, I never had feelings for any guy when I was at school.

I was bullied a bit too, both in Estonia and in Ireland, because I lost my temper and flew off the handle quite easily and people wanted to see me get angry because occasionally it was pretty spectacular. I'm not really like that now. However, at the same time I did seem to get on with people and people did like me and I liked them.

I never really had any problems with teachers. I rarely talked in class (although I was known to play cards with the guy behind me during primary school in the middle of class lmao)

My favourite subject was always English. I loved learning it as a second language in Estonia, and was one of the best students in that class. I liked it here in Ireland too. For some reason it always seemed to me to be the most 'relaxing' subject. Sometimes we would just read books and write stories and stuff and that was fun, I like writing a lot and I'm good at articulating myself in words so I enjoyed that very much. I did have trouble analysing poetry at times though, I think, not sure why. I did enjoy the poetry aspect of it too though, I have to say. My English exam results were the best results I had in my Leaving Cert (final exam). I just enjoyed English a lot.

I did like Geography too for the most part, because it is something you do actually use in your daily life, and it was fun to find out about other countries and stuff. What I didn't like, however, was all the technical stuff about rivers and all that jazz.

Maths was always an interesting one for me because in Estonia I was f***ing terrible at it, but for some reason in Ireland I seemed to improve. I didn't particularly enjoy it as a subject though.

History was the complete opposite - I enjoyed it so much in my first few years of secondary school, and was good at it, but something happened after that and I become so lazy in a way and pre-occupied with my conversations with Sabrewulf lmao, that I just couldn't handle learning off fifty bloody essays for my Leaving Cert. So I didn't. I'm gonna be honest with you. I did try to remember things, but yeah... I pretty much hated History in my final few years. The classes also seemed to be so fast-paced and yet bloody boring. As I said, I did enjoy it at first though. What I did enjoy about it in my final couple of years, however, was reading historical evidence and trying to analyse it/make sense of it. That gave me an opportunity to really apply my own mind and opinions.

I actually failed History in my final exam which I'm still really kicking myself for cry.gif I did make a lot of effort in my final History project though. I wrote about the Estonian independence. I remember those evenings researching things about it online (of course we weren't allowed to use Wikipedia because it can be unreliable), whilst listening to some weird ambient techno from the last.fm radio. lol

That History teacher that I had in my final year was the one that said I have beautiful handwriting. She was a really cool person.

I never was involved with any of the 'cliques'. I just kinda did my own thing and yet still managed to have a few friends and generally get along with people. I was always quiet, but in my final year of secondary school, probably thanks to Sabrewulf in a way, I became much more open and not as wary about expressing myself. However, as I said, my studies dwindled.

lol this was long and detailed.. Anyway, you go! I'm sure we are all interested in reading each others' experiences.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 2 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #2
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I slayed in Art, Geography and English tbh. Loved all of them.
Used to hate maths with a passion and was crap at it, but I decided to stick with it and eventually came out with an A *.* thanks to having two amazing teachers.

My Geo teacher was just a QoL wub.gif she once yelled at me down the hall "Grant guess what I did? I bought Kylie's new single" laugh.gif and called me a nutter when I told
her I bought 3 copies of Aphrodite. She also claims to think of me whenever she hears Kylie.

My englush teacher wsas a doll too. I had her in my first year of high school and also my last and before our last exams she wrote us all a note and in mine she went on
about how she couldn't believe how much I'd changed <3

I was bullied a bit, not nothing I couldn't cope with, I did get bitten on the arm by this guy, but he eventually mellowed laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 2 2015, 03:46 PM) *
My Geo teacher was just a QoL wub.gif she once yelled at me down the hall "Grant guess what I did? I bought Kylie's new single"

Extremely amusing.

Edit: Can I ask you something about your name btw? I think there are two ways of pronoucing it, isn't there? Gr-ant, and graw-nt. Which do you use? I tend to think of you as Gr-ant, because of my Irish accent.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Aug 2 2015, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 2 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #4
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I'll stab anyone who calls me Graw-nt mad.gif Grant as in ant tbh.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 2 2015, 03:56 PM) *

Phew!

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Aug 2 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #6
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I've never really liked school or had a thirst for education but I always worked hard at school to get good grades, so I was pretty quiet in most lessons and never had any problems with teachers (until one awful IT teacher in year 13, not that I did anything wrong, she was just so rude drama.gif). I've been told a few times that I'm a dream student laugh.gif

My favourite subjects were those I took for A level - Maths, IT and Media, although by the end of year 13 I only really liked Media of them lol :') I struggled with Maths a lot more by the end, when it came quite easily to me before sixth form. Maybe my motivation was lower idk, but I think I lost some confidence in that class cause the teacher, as lovely as he was, tended to focus more on what you'd done wrong than what you'd done right when marking work (I think a balance of both is needed - what went well, and even better if).

Another subject I really enjoyed was Spanish. My teacher was excellent and she made the lessons a lot of fun, to which point I actually looked forward to those lessons. She sadly left after year 11 but I wasn't taking it further anyway, was quite sad as I'd had her for it for 5 years. I only knew a few words in Spanish before I started and she helped me develop it a huge amount.

PE was always my least favourite subject, I was never any good at it and I took any opportunity I could to get out of doing it. I had it twice a week for years 7-9 and then in year 10 it dropped to once every 2 weeks, due to the fact I was doing triple Science and the timetable wouldn't allow for an extra PE lesson. For the same reason, I had NO PE in year 11 *.*

Primary school was less good than secondary school for me I think, many people seem to prefer it but I never really did. One teacher there really didn't like me (well, I got the impression she didn't) and she always referred to me by my full name for some reason which I still don't know. PE was always much better then anyway, because it was less serious and more a bit of fun.

I never really got bullied bar one incident in year 7, this kid had been saying a few stupid things to me but I brushed them off, until one day I was perched on one of these in the school gardens and he just came up to me and pushed me off, it was very embarrassing as other people were there. It was sorted out that day though and we actually got on well to an extent in later years laugh.gif

That is so much more than I ever thought I'd write laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 2 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #7
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I Loved loved Drama....We once did a play called Cider With Rosie where I played Walt we had a scene was was dubbed the 'rape scene' which wasnt really a rape scene laugh.gif Basically we played curious guys about girls my character goes to grab the female characters wrist and she would then pretend to slap me, that was my big scene. Learned the lines to that scene and like a week or so before the play we find out the second half gets cut due to being crap bassically sad.gif Betch laugh.gif I was left with two lines 'Please Miss' and 'Please Miss I got stay home tomorrow to feed the chickens' sad.gif I still today hate the teacher for that laugh.gif

Other than Drama I like Science (In my resit year we had a amazing teacher who was candian and he was Amazing and funny, loved him :lol; ) and Maths (only due to my teacher in the GSCE year as I hated actual jameela.jpg Maths) and Food Tech. RE was good as we had a bonkers teacher. Business Enterprise weren't bad tbh.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

As I said, I never particularly had any problems with teachers, but I remember now that there was this one jerk of a teacher, he didn't actually teach me but I saw him around, who would always give me really mean looks as if to say "You weirdo, wtf". That really pissed me off, although I never said anything. I don't know what the issue was. At the time my hair was a bit longer and it was quite ugly, and I was just generally awkward, but what kind of a teacher does that? I was walking behind him down the hall one day and he looked back at me and made a face like "wtf". Also, one time I had to go into his classroom in order to ask for something. I knocked on the door politely and asked for it at the door. First he asked the other students "What did he say??" instead of asking ME politely to repeat myself, which I would do and certainly would expect any normal person to do. How hard is it to say "Sorry?" or "Pardon?" I mean talk about manners! The other students then told him what I had asked, which I didn't even say that quietly I don't think btw, and then he gave it to me. Then later I went back to his classroom to give the thing back to him. I was looking around at the door for him or something, and when I saw him I let him know that I had the thing back (I was still at the door), and he said to me "I am not coming all the way over there to take it back from you, you must be joking!" He wasn't even that far, and I wasn't expecting him to come to me, I was simply letting him know that I had brought the thing back. What an asshole tbh. I then brought the thing to the back of the classroom and put it on some shelf that was there or whatever. I mean wtf. Why couldn't he just say "Oh, leave it on that shelf, thanks". That guy was just really unpleasant to me.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 2 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #9
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

This reply is probably gonna be an essay, I'm warning in advance drama.gif

I hated School. Well I at least hated the people in it. Primary school I loved, I was such a weird kid but I didn't care at all about that, in fact I thought it was cool to be like that then, I was involved in everything, football, netball etc and I did other stuff outside of school. I never really had many friends though, I had like two or three best friends and we just always hung about together. In high school, we all stayed like that with the addition of a couple of other girls we went to primary with. I thought that was great, having your own little group established already but that quickly changed until there were just me and my friend Grace. We are both quite awkward around people, we'd talk to people in our classes obviously since we were never in the same ones until 3rd year, but it was always just the two of us at break and lunch and outside of school etc. That changed to towards the end of 4th year where she started inviting these two horrible girls i couldn't stand to hang about with us, and she knew how I felt but that didn't make a difference, the three of them basically wouldn't even acknowledge I was there so I stopped talking to Grace and the two girls and we didn't talk again until 6th year. We talk now but she's turned into the kind of person I don't want to be around at all now.

Anyway, I was bullied all through high school. I gave up netball and football because of it, didn't join any clubs, i kept very much to myself. I was always super quiet and I was never really the one to try and make friends with other people. The worst part about the way I was bullied was it wasn't just one group of people all the time, the couple of times it was I did tell a teacher about it but that never really helped. I was basically one massive joke to the school because not only am I overweight, I'm ginger too which to them was hilarious and disgusting. People I didn't even know would walk past and laugh, or make a comment under their breath. I just learned to ignore it put you can't because every little comment you hear or every person you see laughing at you gets stored in the back of your mind and it makes you feel so bad about yourself. I didn't even eat lunch at school because of the whole "Oh you're fat, you must eat to much" thing, I just thought it would bring more attention to me and people would laugh, that did happen on the few occasions I did eat, so even though now I know it was stupid, what I was worried about happening did. It's difficult not to care what people think when you're that age. 3rd and 4th year was the worst for it because that's when all your classes changed and you were in classes with people from your year you'd never had to speak to before.

5th and 6th year were better in that it wasn't so much my year that were the issue, most of them had grown up a bit but it was still there. Plus I'd abandoned the person I'd spent most of my free time with since primary school so I basically had no friends. I would go sit and work in the graphics department over lunch or go up to the library. Graphics was the only place I really felt I could be myself, I liked the class I was in too which was a rarity, it helped I was good at it and knew what I was doing so I came out of my shell a bit there, especially in 6th year when I was doing the advanced higher. Everyone there had the same interest so it was easy for me to find stuff to talk about, and a lot of people would even come to me for help. I was good at history, english and art as well. I did the advanced higher in art but it was hell, and I ended up failing because we literally did not have a teacher, there was four of us in the class and had no idea what we were doing laugh.gif I did get an A in advanced higher graphics though, so Idc so much about my result in Art. I sucked at Maths in 5th year, and I decided to crash human biology in 6th, that was a bad idea laugh.gif

6th year was half decent, I did a lot of volunteering work on my free periods, I went across to a local nursery on thursday mornings and helped out there, helped at a study support group for kids with learning difficulties, assisted in a graphics class a couple of times a week, went out to a primary school do to the k'nex challenge with them too and I had two first year buddies. I hated prom though, not many people can say that, I just felt like a spare part the whole night because it's the kind of thing where everyone has their friendship groups because you're seated at a table etc, I just felt like I wasn't wanted there, I couldn't enjoy myself over worry about what people were thinking unsure.gif

That was only a year ago, but I like to think I've changed a bit since then, I don't really care as much about what people think but that's probably because people aren't so shallow and judgmental at my college (at least my group of friends aren't), and for once I feel like I fit in better there smile.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Aug 2 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #10
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

The only issue I really had with a teacher was the IT teacher I mentioned in my post. She came in halfway through year 13 cause the previous teacher left, and some of the things she said were just out of line. She mimicked something I said (I mean, who over the age of 7 really does that??) about not being cold drama.gif and then had a go at us all for missing a deadline we'd never heard about, and proceeded to print off our timetables and tell us which of our frees we'll be coming back in. Furthermore, she gave me continuous feedback to make and I always made the changes, but my grade never seemed to go anywhere. She also told me my evaluation for one coursework unit should be more like 15 pages than 5, and this was ONE DAY before the deadline?!?!?!? At which point I'd already made her corrections and used the example she printed off to help me. UGH.

(sorry, rant over)

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 2 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #11
Sit Down. Be Humble.

Yeah some teachers was Douches. I remmebr in English Year 7 where we spent the majority reading books and she wasnt nice to be around. Other than that I didnt have teachers who hated me loads. I have been sent out for laughing and being stupid/some dententions nothing serious but not been sent to top corridor or been excluded or anything tbh.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 03:28 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

omg guys did any of you use a site called ratemyteacher.com? laugh.gif I used it. I'm not sure if it's still around, but you literally rated and commented on your teachers anonymously. It was rather hilarious.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 2 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #13
Sit Down. Be Humble.

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Aug 2 2015, 04:23 PM) *

I hated School. Well I at least hated the people in it. Primary school I loved, I was such a weird kid but I didn't care at all about that, in fact I thought it was cool to be like that then, I was involved in everything, football, netball etc and I did other stuff outside of school. I never really had many friends though, I had like two or three best friends and we just always hung about together. In high school, we all stayed like that with the addition of a couple of other girls we went to primary with. I thought that was great, having your own little group established already but that quickly changed until there were just me and my friend Grace. We are both quite awkward around people, we'd talk to people in our classes obviously since we were never in the same ones until 3rd year, but it was always just the two of us at break and lunch and outside of school etc. That changed to towards the end of 4th year where she started inviting these two horrible girls i couldn't stand to hang about with us, and she knew how I felt but that didn't make a difference, the three of them basically wouldn't even acknowledge I was there so I stopped talking to Grace and the two girls and we didn't talk again until 6th year. We talk now but she's turned into the kind of person I don't want to be around at all now.

Anyway, I was bullied all through high school. I gave up netball and football because of it, didn't join any clubs, i kept very much to myself. I was always super quiet and I was never really the one to try and make friends with other people. The worst part about the way I was bullied was it wasn't just one group of people all the time, the couple of times it was I did tell a teacher about it but that never really helped. I was basically one massive joke to the school because not only am I overweight, I'm ginger too which to them was hilarious and disgusting. People I didn't even know would walk past and laugh, or make a comment under their breath. I just learned to ignore it put you can't because every little comment you hear or every person you see laughing at you gets stored in the back of your mind and it makes you feel so bad about yourself. I didn't even eat lunch at school because of the whole "Oh you're fat, you must eat to much" thing, I just thought it would bring more attention to me and people would laugh, that did happen on the few occasions I did eat, so even though now I know it was stupid, what I was worried about happening did. It's difficult not to care what people think when you're that age. 3rd and 4th year was the worst for it because that's when all your classes changed and you were in classes with people from your year you'd never had to speak to before.

5th and 6th year were better in that it wasn't so much my year that were the issue, most of them had grown up a bit but it was still there. Plus I'd abandoned the person I'd spent most of my free time with since primary school so I basically had no friends. I would go sit and work in the graphics department over lunch or go up to the library. Graphics was the only place I really felt I could be myself, I liked the class I was in too which was a rarity, it helped I was good at it and knew what I was doing so I came out of my shell a bit there, especially in 6th year when I was doing the advanced higher. Everyone there had the same interest so it was easy for me to find stuff to talk about, and a lot of people would even come to me for help. I was good at history, english and art as well. I did the advanced higher in art but it was hell, and I ended up failing because we literally did not have a teacher, there was four of us in the class and had no idea what we were doing laugh.gif I did get an A in advanced higher graphics though, so Idc so much about my result in Art. I sucked at Maths in 5th year, and I decided to crash human biology in 6th, that was a bad idea laugh.gif

6th year was half decent, I did a lot of volunteering work on my free periods, I went across to a local nursery on thursday mornings and helped out there, helped at a study support group for kids with learning difficulties, assisted in a graphics class a couple of times a week, went out to a primary school do to the k'nex challenge with them too and I had two first year buddies. I hated prom though, not many people can say that, I just felt like a spare part the whole night because it's the kind of thing where everyone has their friendship groups because you're seated at a table etc, I just felt like I wasn't wanted there, I couldn't enjoy myself over worry about what people were thinking unsure.gif

That was only a year ago, but I like to think I've changed a bit since then, I don't really care as much about what people think but that's probably because people aren't so shallow and judgmental at my college (at least my group of friends aren't), and for once I feel like I fit in better there smile.gif

Oh Lindsey, sorry to hear that. Screw that school and pupils and teachers I think you are 100x better than them tbh.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 2 2015, 03:33 PM
Post #14
Sit Down. Be Humble.

OMG Matt just found that site gonna rate my old teachers laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 2 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #15
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea I had an issue with my 4th year music teacher. I was good at music, I got an A in it at higher, but for some reason this teacher absolutely hated me, I still have no idea what her issue was. She would make snide comments to me, give me into trouble for really stupid things and constantly single me out. There was one time, I can't really remember the exact story since it was like over 3 years ago now, it was something along the lines that she told me to practice my instrument for half the period and then work on my composition for the other half and I went to do my composition first but the computer I needed was being used so I though I'd go practice my oboe for the first half and go back to the computer later, so I did that and it was still being used so I told her that and asked what I should do, and she went on a full screaming rant about how I wasn't working hard or taking the subject seriously or something, and she even held me behind after the class so she could get the head of department in, and he was just as bad, they called me lazy, a time-waster, some really nasty things, they even said I wasn't even that good on an oboist anyway and it's because I don't put the work in when that couldn't have been further from the truth. My music teachers husband was my oboe teacher and he really liked me and thought I had a talent for it. I was in tears after I left the class anyway, my mum pulled her up about it at parents night though, but that was really embarrasing for me, just sitting there across from her while my mum literally yells at her laugh.gif

That teacher couldn't even look me in the eye after that :')

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lindsey ♌ @ Aug 2 2015, 04:23 PM) *

This was difficult to read in parts Lindsey, I am sorry to hear that you struggled with things so much. Thanks for opening up however - I didn't reveal half the things I could have.

I will add this, I didn't even go to my 'prom' (it's called Debs here). Neither did Sabrewulf. People asked me to, which was nice, but at the time I was more socially anxious than I am now and I was intimidated at the thought to be perfectly honest.

people are just people they shouldn't make you nervous people are just people like you~

That's a quote from a Regina Spektor song called 'Ghost of Corporate Future'. I'm not 100% confident around people just yet, but those lyrics help me a bit I think. It's such a simple idea, but really quite genius! For example, I would NEVER expect or want people to feel uncomfortable around me. We are all just humans and allowed to be around each other and yet remain ourselves. It's still somewhat of a mystery to me, why people, including me, have certain social issues. I think it's mostly in our heads.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Aug 2 2015, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Aug 2 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

School is an interesting one. As I hit my 24th year of life, I look back on school with fond memories. At the time, I wasn't too keen.

I'm from a v. small town where I was the first gay person therefore that cane with it's hindrance and whatnot and for a while, I got name called however one day I just decided to give what I got. So when people would be like FAGGOT FAGGOT. I'd be like JOSEPH MERRICK JOSEPH MERRICK and for the later part of my school years, I became quite feared by people. I had friends in all areas and generally people thought I was a bitch. People insulted my weight, so I lost it.

I loved Drama, Media, English & French.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #18
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I always liked school, except a period between year 7-9 which I hated. That was when I was bullied a fair amount and had few friends, which affected my confidence so I didn't try and make more friends. It wasn't until year 10 when we had diploma tutor groups every day and I had to sit at a table with a friend of s friend that I made lots more friends through a sort of domino/ripple effect! I also got to ditch lessons I hated like art, drama and music then, but sadly not PE! I liked most of my GCSE subjects, except Maths but I was good enough at it to get a B at GCSE despite my cocky teacher acting like I'd barely scrape a C.... English was my favourite, especially Literature because I never got below an A* in it for any of our pieces and its the one of only two things I've got full marks in during my whole school life! I loved sociology too, which is why I continued on for A Level and it became my favourite then.

PE was the absolute worst drama.gif the teacher I had for 3 years was awful, he didn't understand that people must just not like PE, God forbid! He looked like a toad, so was probably bitter that he had to work alongside the God of an Irish PE teacher we had *.* I used to just not bring my kit and when I eventually had the Irish one in year 11 he didn't care laugh.gif Also, most boys in my year took it way too seriously, especially football. Which meant I was never their favourite because I did nothing no matter what the game was. The only time I'd really do anything is in rounders when we had to bat... If we were fielding me and one of my friends used to invariably stand miles away where the ball would go so we could just chat. The hottest boy in my year always wear very tight shorts though, so there was that I guess kink.gif

The only other teacher I had a real problem with was a languages teacher I had for French in year 7 and Italian in year 9. I will always remember a time when me and my friend came into French at the same time just a minute or so after the bell and she told me to put my planner on the desk so she could write a detention for being late but she just let my friend sit down drama.gif There were of course a few other teachers I didn't like or who were a bit crap but they didn't have a problem with me or anything which was good.

My favourite teacher of all school would be my English teacher for A Level, who I also had in year 8 and 10. I remember when we first walked in in year 8 and all thought she'd be really strict and boring, because she kind looks like a strict librarian in her 50s. But she was so fun, always made lessons interesting and really cared about both her subject and students, as well as having the best sense of humour. She always believed in me too, she told me throughout year 10 to work harder and harder because I had A* potential, even though my year 11 teacher said "a B would e great for you"... I came out with two A*s for English so we had the last laugh kink.gif One of my A Level sociology teachers was my other favourite, she was so lovely and more like a friend than a teacher at times! She taught us the content but also made it feel like we were actually young adults and more on her level, whereas some A Level teachers still made it seem like we were children. She used to gossip with us and bring in cake, it just made her lessons more friendly and relaxed, and everyone respected and liked her for it.

QUOTE(Regina @ Aug 2 2015, 03:56 PM) *

Who would EVER say "Grawnt" drama.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 2 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 2 2015, 04:50 PM) *
Who would EVER say "Grawnt" drama.gif

I could've sworn some people say that? However I would never, since I'm not posh magic.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #20
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(harryflynn0908 @ Aug 2 2015, 04:33 PM) *
OMG Matt just found that site gonna rate my old teachers laugh.gif

Omg I love rate my teacher laugh.gif Someone wrote about my GCSE sociology teacher "Talk about a f***ing bore... she looks like a pork scratching, except that would have more personality"!!! I liked her enough but lolz.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:30 PM