BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Getaway Car, BBC One | Gameshow with the Stig and Dermot O'Leary
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klampus
post Aug 11 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #1
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

After 'Prized Apart' became another Saturday night show to score mediocre ratings (resulting in it failing to return), BBC One have commissioned a new show that is banking on two star names, The Stig and Dermot O'Leary.

It will be a 12 part series and will 'see couples battling it out in a series of driving challenges.'

QUOTE(Digital Spy)
Will the relationships between married couples, grandparents and grandchildren, siblings and best friends survive when they're behind the wheel facing all manner of tasks? The best couples will face Top Gear legend The Stig in an attempt to win prize money.

"This is a show that's really about relationships," O'Leary said. "We all think we are great drivers, but what tickled me most is seeing how people, who obviously love each other very much, speak to each other when they are behind the wheel of a car.

"It brings out the worst in all of us... but in a fun way. It's a warm show that will stretch a family's patience with those they love most in the world. I had a whale of a time doing the pilot and now can't wait to make the series."

The show will air in 2016.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jan 8 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #2
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

Starting next Saturday at 6:50pm!

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 8 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #3
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

This'll be.. interesting.

I'll be sure to give it a watch though tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 16 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I've just turned this on not knowing what it was, it seems a bit... odd. Seems a bit dragged out, much preferred Prized Apart.

+Quote Post
Rudolph
post Jan 16 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #5
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

I actually turned off after 20 minutes. I just wish BBC bring back a classic game show for Saturday nights. There were rumours the Generation Game was getting a new makeover with Miranda Hart as host is that still happening..

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jan 16 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

Oh I enjoyed what I saw! It was fun viewing and more exciting than Ninja Warrior for me.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Jan 28 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Jan 16 2016, 07:34 PM) *
I actually turned off after 20 minutes. I just wish BBC bring back a classic game show for Saturday nights. There were rumours the Generation Game was getting a new makeover with Miranda Hart as host is that still happening..

On hold at the moment regarding The Generation Game due to Miranda Hart focusing on her acting and writing career.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Mar 26 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #8
wtf are perfect places
   No Gallery Pics

This has received some strange scheduling issues. There have apparently been 12 episodes made but 3 were broadcast, then a three week break was taken, then 2 further episodes were shown and now it has been replaced by a new show, 'Can't Touch This'. It's hasn't done terribly in the ratings from what I've seen so it is receiving an odd treatment.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 08:32 AM