Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Petite Meller 'Barbaric', october 02 2015
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Aug 15 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #1
jenny from human resources
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(noisy interview)
her next single, tentatively entitled “Barbaric,” is already in the works, and from how she described the concept, it seems things are only going to continue getting darker and more introspective. With this song, Petite Meller explores the plight of Daniel Paul Schreber, a 19th century judge whose recounted battles with mental illness had a tremendous influence on Freud and the development of psychoanalysis. The crux of the issue was that Freud believed Schreber’s symptoms and eventual insanity stemmed from his repressed sexuality. Petite Meller again creates an intersection between her music and her philosophy studies to confront complex issues like repression and psychosis in the public arena. “When you go to the bank, you can’t suck your fingers,” she said. “In my videos I’m trying to show what it’s like to live the life you repress instead of a psychotic reality.”

*.* she is incredible, i hope this will be too.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 15 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #2
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

oh yes! definitely excited for this. the last I heard from her was Baby Love though so I hope it can be as good as that please.
+Quote Post
post Sep 22 2015, 03:14 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

It's out on Spotify and iTunes now! Very similar to 'Baby Love' but not quite as good on first listen. The former did take a few listens to properly click, so maybe this one will too!
+Quote Post
post Sep 23 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #4
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I think I like this more than 'Baby Love'!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2016 - 11:37 PM