BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Sense of Humour, life is serious but life is funny
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 19 2015, 09:21 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Is six days a long enough period without a new Mattias thread? unsure.gif

Anyway...

What do you think your sense of humour is like? Is it very specific? Is it a mix? Has it changed over the years? Is there more to it than what comes across on Buzzjack? Or are you just an unhumorous bore?

Also, what does this test think your sense of humour is like? Tests make everything a thousand times better (except perhaps classroom tests).

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/1y8K2_r/Whats-...mor?view_quiz=1

I got:

Witty

You aren't the type of person to make people roll around on the floor busting a gut. You have a more sophisticated, clever, subtle sense of humor. You are good with words, and tend to play off other people well.

Hmm I totally get the subtle thing. I remember at school I often found that when someone said something or something happened, I was often the only one laughing to myself, which I found funny in itself. I can't think of any examples right now but it did happen. As much as I like the Irish sense of humour (Father Ted!), I think in general my sense of humour is quite different from the Irish. Estonian humour tends to definitely be more dry I think, although I don't think I categorically fall into the 'traditional' Estonian humour either.

I often bounce off other people and one friend and I in particular just have the most side-splitting conversations and it's insane. I can't even describe it but it's hilarious. It's very 'out there'.

I enjoy self-deprecating humour and self-parody, as well as sarcasm here and there etc. It varies. What I don't particularly laugh at is watching people fall (there are exceptions though! There's this one video of a model falling on the runway and it's one of the funniest things I have ever seen), get hit etc. Also not big on farting jokes etc. Also I don't particularly enjoy it when people make fun of others in a way that it begins to go too far. Moderation is key for me when it comes to that.

I think my "Buzzjack sense of humour" is quite similar to what it is in real life, and I love laughing so so much. It fulfills mah soul.

Who is the funniest person on Buzzjack? Do you enjoy LexC's one-liners? Perhaps you're more into Toby's sex jokes? Does Leww crack you up with basically every single thing he says? Do Mikey's unintentional jokes make you go :')? Does Tim's banter turn you on? etc.

God bless Majela!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 19 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #2
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Two rules to having a decent sense of humor:

1. Surround yourself with those able to joke about themselves.
2. Don't be that twat unable to take a joke about themself.
3. Use GIFS to support your wit... or lack of it!!!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Aug 19 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #3
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I got witty too, which sounds about right. I think that's one thing that came up in the rate a bit is that people don't really GET my humour a lot of the time. Some would say that's because it isn't funny, but it's more a case of it all being in the DELIVERY and unless you know me (ie. chat with me off here) that's probably going to be something harder to grasp. That's why the use of strategically placed caps is very important. It stresses the SALIENT points.

But yeah generally my jokes are usually based on slightly weird or tangential things and I tend to link them to utterly random things that I find funny or whatever so it can be a bit of a mish mash. There's a lot of swears and generally it can be a shade explicit and more often than not involves snide remarks of barbed comments. It's all done with love though. Mostly. I mean I think the main thing people don't get about me is that I am hugely self deprecating, like that makes up at least half of my jokes in any given day. I know I give off an air of being super serious and up myself (and I can be, trust) but in general I'm actually pretty laid back and not being entirely serious.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 19 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #4
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(toxic_air @ Aug 19 2015, 12:31 PM) *
Two rules to having a decent sense of humor:

1. Surround yourself with those able to joke about themselves.
2. Don't be that twat unable to take a joke about themself.
3. Use GIFS to support your wit... or lack of it!!!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Aug 19 2015, 09:34 AM
Post #5
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think my sense of humour is very much dependent on the people I'm with, I mean I can be very sarcastic, especially when I'm talking to you guys or my family but I probably wouldn't use that type of humour with offline friends as much, I think I probably use a mix of everything but when it comes to dark humour, i can be a bit meh with that, especially if it's super offensive then I don't find that funny, throw an innuendo into your sentence though and 9 times out of 10 I will laugh, especially if you don't realise you've said it laugh.gif

I also got witty on that quiz though angel.gif

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Aug 19 2015, 09:35 AM
Post #6
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Member No.: 11,709

Gifs can be great. CAN being the operative word. They are absolutely no substitute for a well placed or carefully worded comment, but they can accentuate it if used right. 90% of the time though I don't get them and it just acts like a case of stealing what someone else said because you can't/don't think you can come up with anything as good yourself.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 19 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #7
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

QUOTE(Henderella @ Aug 19 2015, 05:33 AM) *

Thanks for providing the icing on the cake in all corners of my life.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Aug 19 2015, 09:40 AM
Post #8
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I have a pretty unique sense of humour which over half of Buzzjack doesn't really get. It's more more suited to Facebook.

One thing I'm not a fan of is bitchy withering put-downs, the kind that drag acts trade in. I dont believe someone else has to be put in their place to for someone to be funny.

I also find a certain kind of sit com to be quite unfunny - Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, The Office, etc.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 19 2015, 09:41 AM
Post #9
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Aug 19 2015, 12:33 PM) *
But yeah generally my jokes are usually based on slightly weird or tangential things and I tend to link them to utterly random things that I find funny or whatever so it can be a bit of a mish mash. There's a lot of swears and generally it can be a shade explicit and more often than not involves snide remarks of barbed comments. It's all done with love though. Mostly. I mean I think the main thing people don't get about me is that I am hugely self deprecating, like that makes up at least half of my jokes in any given day. I know I give off an air of being super serious and up myself (and I can be, trust) but in general I'm actually pretty laid back and not being entirely serious.

thanks for describing me :') Only I make a sexual pun in literally any possible conversation.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Aug 19 2015, 09:44 AM
Post #10
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

I got 'Random' which can only be good.

You have an almost childlike sense of humor, but not in a bad way. People laugh at your jokes because you're so spontaneous and unexpected with the way you joke around. You're silly and most people find you fun to be around.

This post has been edited by ✨ ~Nelly. S~ ✨: Aug 19 2015, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 19 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I said "etc." four times in the opening post.

(That's an example of my sense of humour)

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 19 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #12
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

filth while listening to moonlight shadow

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Aug 19 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I'm very sarcastic. I know that. But I love taking the piss out of myself. My dream birthday is a comedy roast.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 19 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #14
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Surprise, surprise, I ended up with sarcastic.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Aug 19 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Oh this test is accurate.

Sarcastic
What's your sense of humor?
You can be pretty cynical at times, but you know how to take it and make it funny.
Be careful not to overdo it on the sarcasm, though. You'll end up irritating people if you aren't careful.

Share This!

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 19 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #16
don't lose your way
Member No.: 12,929

I got sarcastic. Probably because those were the best answers for that quiz. I only don't indulge in sarcasm more because it can so easily come off rude instead of funny. Because otherwise it's fantastic. The most important thing about my humour is that it's so much based off of playing off other people, whether that's witty or sarcastic remarks. Either way... I'm subtle.

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Aug 19 2015, 12:21 PM
Post #17
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

I got witty

You aren't the type of person to make people roll around on the floor busting a gut. You have a more sophisticated, clever, subtle sense of humor. You are good with words, and tend to play off other people well.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Aug 19 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #18
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

i got juvenile

goodbye

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Aug 19 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #19
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Sarcastic.

Not even shocked.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 19 2015, 12:53 PM
Post #20
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(🌚🌚🌚 @ Aug 19 2015, 03:29 PM) *
i got juvenile

goodbye

your mum

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 08:32 AM