BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two journalists shot dead on live TV
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
RobBob
post Aug 26 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #1
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

A reporter and a cameraman have been killed after a gunman opened fire during a live TV broadcast in the US state of Virginia.

Reporter Alison Parker, 24, and cameraman Adam Ward, 27, who worked for US TV network WDBJ7, were interviewing a guest at a shopping centre in Moneta when they were shot on Wednesday morning.

The gunman, Vester Lee Flanagan II, also known as Bryce Williams, worked at the same TV station.

---

Further reports have told that Vester Lee Flanagan, the gunman, has attempted to kill himself although he's believed to still be alive, and he even filmed the shooting himself and posted it to Facebook.

The video of the shooting can be found very easily, though I'm not going to link to it, as it's very sensitive material and having seen it myself, I don't wish to search and find it again. Truly horrible stuff to happen, can't imagine watching that happen on live TV or being a broadcaster on that station who has to calmly report on the death of my own colleagues. Awful scenes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leonardo
post Aug 26 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,502

Some shocking stuff, I don't wish to see the video as it serves no purpose, and hope to god I don't accidentally stumble on it. Terribly cruel twist of fate on all the dangerous places reporters visit that this was just a business segment in a local mall.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Aug 26 2015, 05:26 PM
Post #3
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Such sad news Rest In peace to both of them, I never want to watch the video sad.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 26 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #4
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

This is just so sad, reading about Alison, she was on the up with her career and her personal life. Two people just doing their jobs.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 26 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

That's absolutely awful. I won't be watching the clip.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 26 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Really saddening to see, especially for two incredibly young people. It must be so hard on those who work on the news channel too, having to report it. I've never heard of the station before but they all seem so close from what I've read, what with one of the anchors being in a relationship with the woman and a producer being the fiancťe of the guy. sad.gif

I've watched the video of what went out on air but I can't watch the video of what the gunman posted himself. The behaviour of him has been absolutely disgusting. Whatever the circumstances of his firing, the answer is never murder.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 26 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #7
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I saw bothof them sadly and it really saddened me and mad me even more angry with the US government and their gun policy. How many more innocent deaths until they wake up

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 26 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

The question is, would having a gun on them have actually defended and saved them? Answer: no.

Guns are not for defence, they're for attack. If you have a gun, you can still be shot dead. I fear America will never realise this.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 26 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #9
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Gah, this is a really awful story, out of nowhere and fueled from what seems like petty revenge. sad.gif I saw what went out on air and that is quite enough for me. Hopefully the gunman will get as little attention as possible and it's been good on that so far, focusing more on what's been lost with two people with good lives and bright futures.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 26 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Such an awful story, sickening to read sad.gif

I've seen a few people sharing the video which is awful. I have no desire to see it, reading about it makes my stomach fall let alone seeing it.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Aug 26 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

How anybody could share the video is beyond thinking.

Absolutely awful news.

EDIT:
There wouldn't be any justice served the gunman has been confirmed dead after shooting himself.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Aug 26 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

It's quite shocking and it's very troubling. My plan is to move to New York some day as I love going there, but until they sort out their f***ed up weapon laws, I just won't ever feel safe. So I guess that might never happen. How awful for those dead and their loved ones. Sort it out America. How many more need to die?

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Aug 26 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

How many more of these incidents do we need to have before America thinks of changing the gun laws?

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Aug 26 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #14
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I don't think I could bring myself to watch the videos. I feel so sad about this, incredibly cruel and unfair. sad.gif RIP Alison & Adam.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 26 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Mack @ Aug 26 2015, 07:38 PM) *
How many more of these incidents do we need to have before America thinks of changing the gun laws?

They won't - the response to these crimes is not the logical thing, of having an amnesty, it's BUY MORE GUNS. The fact you can go to Walmart and buy a gun is just ridiculous. Imagine going to Asda/Tesco and picking up a revolver whilst buying milk and bread.

It's absolutely ridiculous, I have American friends, some of them just have guns for the sake of it. Just because of the fear, as that's the culture. Of course most American's don't think this way, and they would happily see guns banned, but it's the minority that speak loud that scare people in to having guns.

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Aug 26 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

It's completely f***ing shameful tbh, but unfortunately the gun lobby is too influential in our government for anything substantial to actually happen.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 26 2015, 08:42 PM
Post #17
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The gunman stated he recieved many racial comments, including some from the woman and the guy had complained to HR about him. However, someone else has said that he was always looking for comments to be offended by and he has previously lodged a comment about racial remarks at another employment. I guess we won't know what truly happened but, as I said, murder is never the answer.

He has been inspired by previous school shootings and the Charleston shootings were the final straw that motivated him, buying a gun two days after that event. He also sent a 23 page fax to ABC news later today that I believe expressed a lot of his feelings.

It really shows how ridiculous the gun laws are and it's even more ridiculous that they're not going to change.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 26 2015, 08:47 PM
Post #18
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Rooney @ Aug 26 2015, 03:37 PM) *
They won't - the response to these crimes is not the logical thing, of having an amnesty, it's BUY MORE GUNS. The fact you can go to Walmart and buy a gun is just ridiculous. Imagine going to Asda/Tesco and picking up a revolver whilst buying milk and bread.

It's absolutely ridiculous, I have American friends, some of them just have guns for the sake of it. Just because of the fear, as that's the culture. Of course most American's don't think this way, and they would happily see guns banned, but it's the minority that speak loud that scare people in to having guns.
Exactly. And so far no tragedy has been big enough to overcome the gun lobby, which is unbelievably strong and will make sure nothing changes. I wouldnít say itís the majority opinion in America but there are so many who seem to value their right to bear arms over the safety and lives of people who are taken so senselessly, even when that right to bear arms was written when guns were entirely less advanced than they are now. Iíd love to be optimistic but itís not easy when we go through this time and time again and nothing is solved.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Aug 26 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #19
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Riser @ Aug 26 2015, 09:47 PM) *
Exactly. And so far no tragedy has been big enough to overcome the gun lobby, which is unbelievably strong and will make sure nothing changes. I wouldnít say itís the majority opinion in America but there are so many who seem to value their right to bear arms over the safety and lives of people who are taken so senselessly, even when that right to bear arms was written when guns were entirely less advanced than they are now. Iíd love to be optimistic but itís not easy when we go through this time and time again and nothing is solved.

Unfortunately that's the nail. There have been so many tragedies, and nothing changes, because the response is people need more guns to protect themselves. Simple fact is you take guns away, and you stop 90% of these tragedies happening. I just don't understand the mentality. The school shootings are the worst, and still nothing changes. I think it would take something on a huge scale to change the laws.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Aug 26 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

School shootings are the worst. Especially in recent time the Sandy Hook shooting back in 2012. That was just beyond anything considering how young those children were.

Today is probably the worst thing I've had to read about for a long time and yes I did see the video it was awful and very upsetting to witness unfortunately auto play showed it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 01:42 AM