BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What would you change about where you live?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Aug 30 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #1
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

As the title of the thread says, what would you change about where you live? Is there anything that annoys you about the city/town/village or even country you live in or is there anything you wouldn't change?

Discuss!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Aug 30 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

My neighbours tbh drama.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Aug 30 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Actually build something interesting in my area considering sainsburys is the most exciting place where I live.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Aug 30 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #4
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

there's no cinema in my town and the nearest one is half an hour away.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Aug 30 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I lie, there is a cinema but it's one of those really awful ones which show like one film every week and it's in a hall in the leisure centre

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 30 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #6
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Force more people to move here. Incarceration in some even more dreary place in the South West to all who refuse. That would cycle a bit of development, get some interesting places to attract interesting people so it's no longer necessary to head to the nearest city just because it's the nearest place with any decent amenities and has company besides the aging 'locals', widen a few roads, invest in some decent public transport that is no longer reliable only for being late and we can turn my village into a cool and trendy hipster garden city.

Or I could just move back to uni and work on my escape plan. That's also an option.

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Aug 31 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #7
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

I live in Woolwich.

I would change everything about it. {although to be fair they are already massively revamping the area with the Crossrail line coming in a few years}

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 31 2015, 09:17 AM
Post #8
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

I live in Russia.

So YEAH. LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Aug 31 2015, 09:20 AM
Post #9
üüü barracüda
   No Gallery Pics

In Soviet Russia... Crimea annexes YOU. kink.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 31 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #10
ya ya ya i am lorde

The United States of Conderella declare independence from Soviet Russia and get annexed to any civilised LGBT-friendly country really. Referendum was held yesterday. 1 person / 100% said yes.

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Aug 31 2015, 09:32 AM
Post #11
üüü barracüda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Henderella @ Aug 31 2015, 10:28 AM) *
The United States of Conderella

ohmy.gif This would be such a better name for your BJSC assorted nation!

Smallest independent state in the world. Vatican City and San Marino left looking at each other...

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 31 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #12
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(Vülker @ Aug 31 2015, 12:32 PM) *
ohmy.gif This would be such a better name for your BJSC assorted nation!

Smallest independent state in the world. Vatican City and San Marino left looking at each other...

Can't be so uninspired though~ There's already a couple of United States of's in there.

So far there are only two states though: Sonyafornia (my cat lives there, obviously) and Pashington. Crime rate - 0%, unemployment - 0%. Death penalty for heterosexual PDA though but I'm working on it.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Aug 31 2015, 10:27 AM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Danvicii @ Aug 30 2015, 11:32 PM) *
I lie, there is a cinema but it's one of those really awful ones which show like one film every week and it's in a hall in the leisure centre

We just got a Cineworld and with the unlimited card I'm practically living there. My sister says she's honestly more proud of me for seeing more films than going to the gym.

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Aug 31 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #14
üüü barracüda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Henderella @ Aug 31 2015, 10:43 AM) *
Can't be so uninspired though~ There's already a couple of United States of's in there.

So far there are only two states though: Sonyafornia (my cat lives there, obviously) and Pashington. Crime rate - 0%, unemployment - 0%. Death penalty for heterosexual PDA though but I'm working on it.

I would give out points to Sonyafornia! meow [admittedly, the unemployment rate there should be outrageous!]

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 31 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #15
ya ya ya i am lorde

She is self-employed.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 31 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Better weather would be a nice change! Better roads and a rail connection would be fab too. The rest of the county does really well in both respects but the North and East just gets neglected by the council.

Some more/better amenities would be nice, but being realistic I live in a small town on the coast so for what it is we do alright. Dundee isn't that far so I don't mind a trek there for some things. I don't even mind Edinburgh being the local airport at an hour away because it's well connected, especially to hubs like Heathrow, Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle, and Schipol.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Aug 31 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #17
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I do like where I live but it's a pretty small town with not a lot going on, lots of charity shops etc it's basically like a retirement place, there's a lot of elderly people and not many people around my age, I wish there was more going on, I get really bored a lot and there's not much to do unless you want to go to the cinema or go out drinking in any of the two available places laugh.gif I kinda wish I lived closer to my family too but then I guess I wouldn't be living there myself if it was close bc then I'd probably just live with my parents and Cameron, I really don't see myself staying there for more than three more years, might even have moved away by this time next year laugh.gif it is a nice little place for a day out to wander down the high street and get a bit of lunch but it's pretty dull to live in.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 31 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #18
King of nothing at all
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

More sidewalks! We're definitely dependent on cars here but I live in the center of town and can walk to a lot of places, but some of the roads only have sidewalks on one side which is ridiculous. This may change though as development is happening rather quickly and I can see a demand for better pedestrian access over the next few years. I also wish we had a bike trail or running trail in town but that seems to be on the horizon as well!

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Aug 31 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #19
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Generally a less hostile atmosphere and more greenery/rural areas rather than ugly industrial suburban-ness EVERYWHERE is the main thing that grates on me (basically more like Kingston-Upon-Thames, sans drunken students everywhere). I can't really complain about the commercial aspects as I'm ten minutes away from Stratford, which has obviously undergone massive improvements since the Olympics an the big Westfields and all, plus half an hour from Central London.

QUOTE(T Boy @ Aug 31 2015, 11:27 AM) *
We just got a Cineworld and with the unlimited card I'm practically living there. My sister says she's honestly more proud of me for seeing more films than going to the gym.

Wish I had one nearby, the nearest is overpriced Vue and a really run down Odeon in South Woodford sad.gif

+Quote Post
Snowblake
post Aug 31 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,088
   No Gallery Pics

Honestly, the two main things I would change about where I live would be to make the weather slightly less insane and to give everyone proper driving instructions.

And maybe make Florida not America's equivalent of Australia.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 09:08 AM