BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists/bands you've never got the fuss over?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Rob S
post Sep 7 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Thought I'd update into 2015 what bands/artists people loon over/praise highly that you just don't get? Basically it's a who you feel is overrated not necessarily who you dislike/hate etc...

Sam Smith - was good for a while but his overplay and voice just grates on me now. So very whiny too.
Justin Bieber - Aside from about 2/3 songs I've never really got the hype about him really.
Ke$ha - I enjoy some of her songs but have always found her as an artist fairly overrated.
Scouting For Girls - bland and irritating.
Florence and the Machine - Aside from a few tracks. All she does is squeel like a banshee.
Selena Gomez - average (sorry not sorry)

That's all that comes to mind for me atm.

You? happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Sep 7 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #2
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

Florence & The Machine. Like, honestly. Her voice is horrendously shrieky, warbly and whiney, I really don't get how she's supposedly one of the best vocalists out there. It's literally like a nightmare for me.

Lana Del Rey is pretty dull, so I'll add her too. Especially as she seems to be loved by pretty much everyone on here.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 8 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I must have lots of examples but Spadam ft. Floppy Memory is always trending sleep.gif
As for the examples mentioned, I suppose it's the voice he has? I can see it appeal to many people out there (evidently not many of which own a Buzzjack account kink.gif)
I think Justin B got famous for his um, well, girly thing he had earlier on that pre-teen girls obsessed over. Not much else to it really although his more recent music seems to be appealing to most people nowadays.
As for Ke dollar sign ha I enjoy her music mainly because it's usually poppy or dancy production rather than the vocals oops. She's kinda disposable imo.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Sep 8 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #4
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Coldplay stick out for me I think. I can see why others are so big on them but to me, Chris Martin has such an uninteresting voice and it kinda bores me lol.

Maroon 5 also but my dislike for them is well documented already. These are the two that come to mind instantly anyway ~

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #5
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

AVRIL LAVIGNE. She has soooo many fans but I find her absolutely abysmal, Complicated/I'm With You/Rock N Roll/When You're Gone aside.
Sam Smith is hideous too, I did like Latch and La La La but his voice is so grating I cant stand even them now. He seems a really unlikeable person too.
S Club 7 and Atomic Kitten I never understood either, they were not my childhood even. Ew. WHole Again and Natural between them are tunes though, granted.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Sep 8 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #6
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Don't kill me for this but... Paloma Faith. She's aight I guess but I never understood why everyone in Buzzjack treats her like she's the next Messiah.

Like I randomly checked some charts in another forum last year and everyone went crazy for "Can't Rely On You" and my mind was like "Who is she and why does she keep popping up on my feeds?"

+Quote Post
Josh
post Sep 8 2015, 12:53 AM
Post #7
✌🏻️
Member No.: 43
   No Gallery Pics

Easy, Taylor Swift. Let's be honest now, her music is borderline average. Her voice is pretty "meh" and she's hardly a groundbreaking lyricist.

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Sep 8 2015, 08:30 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Jason Derulo is another one. I'm open to allowing the possibility to like a song of his but I just find him extremely overrated. The high voice he does especially grates on me so much and I've never found myself being wowed by anything of his really :/

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: Sep 8 2015, 08:31 AM

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 8 2015, 08:39 AM
Post #9
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

Maroon 5, Coldplay, Florence and ha washing machine

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 8 2015, 08:47 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Meghan Trainor

Even her less novelty songs are rather annoying, lyrically, vocally and certainly musically. Feels Better When I'm Dancing sounds good from the preview though so hopefully that will help to change my mind.

Mumford & Sons

I just don't get them, I never have. Their first album has a few decent songs on it i guess, but not worthy of the deafening hype for me, and everything since has been dull.

Eminem

I don't think I've ever truly enjoyed one of his songs. I can appreciate Lose Yourself, Like Toy Soldiers and My Name is but I wouldn't say I particularly like any of them as he sounds either incredibly aggressive and angry or novelty and annoying and there's no bearable middle ground for me.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Sep 8 2015, 08:49 AM
Post #11
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(*Tim @ Sep 8 2015, 11:39 AM) *
Maroon 5, Coldplay, Florence and ha washing machine

u in danger gurl

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 8 2015, 09:01 AM
Post #12
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I can take 'em all

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Sep 8 2015, 10:38 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Why Owl City of course. What a prick. His music is abysmal. All his songs sound exactly the same, just the same synth thing over and over again and the same generic beat everywhere. How can anyone like him? He should still be loading Coca-Cola trucks. He can barely sing. He's not even a pop star. Look how awkward he is, how could anyone possibly get any enjoyment from listening or watching him? There's no way he deserved to have a #1 with that f***ing GARBAGE of a "song" he likes to call bloody "Fireflies". He thinks he's so deep and emo writing about his insomnia in random metaphors that no sane person could ever possibly relate to. NEXT!

jk

I do rather agree with Florence + the Machine, Sam Smith and Taylor Swift. I am partial to a couple of Florence's songs, especially the gorgeous 'Cosmic Love', but her voice tends to irritate me a bit and I don't find her music as interesting or enjoyable as I probably should. I don't like Sam Smith's voice either and he bores me. Taylor Swift annoys me and I don't get much pleasure from listening to her songs.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 8 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Mattias @ Sep 8 2015, 11:38 AM) *
Why Owl City of course. What a prick. His music is abysmal. All his songs sound exactly the same, just the same synth thing over and over again and the same generic beat everywhere. How can anyone like him? He should still be loading Coca-Cola trucks. He can barely sing. He's not even a pop star. Look how awkward he is, how could anyone possibly get any enjoyment from listening or watching him? There's no way he deserved to have a #1 with that f***ing GARBAGE of a "song" he likes to call bloody "Fireflies". He thinks he's so deep and emo writing about his insomnia in random metaphors that no sane person could ever possibly relate to. NEXT!

jk

I do rather agree with Florence + the Machine, Sam Smith and Taylor Swift. I am partial to a couple of Florence's songs, especially the gorgeous 'Cosmic Love', but her voice tends to irritate me a bit and I don't find her music as interesting or enjoyable as I probably should. I don't like Sam Smith's voice either and he bores me. Taylor Swift annoys me and I don't get much pleasure from listening to her songs.

Totes agree drama.gif
Why couldn't he have kept on doing this masterpiece? tongue.gif

music.gif music.gif etc.

also loving these penguin videos laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Sep 8 2015, 10:52 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(100% ~spadam~ 😎 @ Sep 8 2015, 11:45 AM) *
Totes agree drama.gif
Why couldn't he have kept on doing this masterpiece? tongue.gif

music.gif music.gif etc.

also loving these penguin videos laugh.gif

omfg rotf.gif

Even better than 'Deer in the Headlights' tbh

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Sep 8 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #16
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(Mattias @ Sep 8 2015, 01:38 PM) *

jk

any joke has a set up and a punchline. this is just a (truthful) set up. therefore i don't see how this is a joke.

everyone being so jealous of florence becoming one of the most fabulous artists with the release of ha last album. i just can't :')

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Sep 8 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Henderella @ Sep 8 2015, 11:56 AM) *
any joke has a set up and a punchline. this is just a (truthful) set up. therefore i don't see how this is a joke.

everyone being so jealous of florence becoming one of the most fabulous artists with the release of ha last album. i just can't :')

Please don't analyse my "jokes". I'll analyse you.

I'm open to hearing more of Florence actually, since I do like some of her songs. Maybe she'll grow on me ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Sep 8 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #18
ya ya ya i am lorde

QUOTE(Mattias @ Sep 8 2015, 02:06 PM) *
I'll analyse you.

for some reason i didn't have you down as a top tho

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 8 2015, 11:16 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Henderella @ Sep 8 2015, 11:56 AM) *

omg punchline of the year tbh

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Sep 8 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Lady Gaga - just terrible, no saving grace
Ella Henderson
The Saturdays
Taylor Swift
Florence and the Machine
Coldplay

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:24 PM