BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists/bands/songs/albums you've never gotten the hate for?, well actually, that was really good!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
T83:Y96
post Sep 11 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #1
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

Similar to Rob S's thread Artists/bands you've never got the fuss over?, but this thread is for artists/bands, songs or albums that seem universally reviled, either on here or generally, and that you simply don't understand why it has such an icy reception? Not necessarily songs/artists/bands/albums you love, just songs/artists/bands/albums that are made out to be a lot worse than you think they actually are.

The Script: Hall Of Fame, If You Could See Me Now and Superheroes are all in my favourite songs of 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively, so it surprises me how much hate they seem to get here (mainly post 2012)
Something I Need by Ben Haenow: I really liked this, personally. It wasn't great, but it certainly didn't warrant the amount of hate it got.
Jealous by Labrinth: I've always considered this as a raw song about a break-up, and the character's disappointement at seeing his former love settling with another person. Admittetly I wouldn't envy rain or wind, but "It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way, you're happy without me" stills gets me every time.
Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth feat. Meghan Trainor: Yes, "let's Marvin Gaye and get it on" is cringeworthy. Yes, "it's kama sultra show and tell" is weird. But it does have a nice melody, Charlie and Meghan's vocals gel together seamlessly, and let's face it, with different lyrics the song would likely be adored.

That's all for now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Sep 11 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #2
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Maroon 5 tbh, Adam's voice is not as bad as people make out, it's a nice change from a lot of other similar bands.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 11 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Well Owl City of course. Not that he's HATED here but just not riding the Buzzjack Popularity Train. But on the whole the forum has a range of different tastes which is what makes it great really. Also a better example would be Jessie J. Yes the infamous It's My Party is such a cheesy pop song but I don't see what's so bad about it that it gets you banned from plug.dj for playing it

Hmm what other examples are there thinking.gif it's gladly a short list but I can't think of any more examples atm tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Sep 11 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #4
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Hayley Williams, thankfully I don't see a lot of hate for her but I've seen a fair bit, especially from people who say they hate Paramore because she fronts the band and I never understand why or how they could even form that kind of negative opinion of her.

Maroon 5, Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds and Charli xcx are a few more that come to mind, I mean I guess I do see why some people may think Marina is very self absorbed and fame hungry etc which is some things I've seen people say is why they don't like her, but literally that was a character she employed for her Electra heart era and really, from what I've seen at least, that's the complete opposite of how she actually is happy.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2015, 07:41 PM
Post #5
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Maroon 5 and Coldplay.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 11 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(ℓindsey ♫ @ Sep 11 2015, 08:40 PM) *
Hayley Williams, thankfully I don't see a lot of hate for her but I've seen a fair bit, especially from people who say they hate Paramore because she fronts the band and I never understand why or how they could even form that kind of negative opinion of her.

Maroon 5, Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds and Charli xcx are a few more that come to mind, I mean I guess I do see why some people may think Marina is very self absorbed and fame hungry etc which is some things I've seen people say is why they don't like her, but literally that was a character she employed for her Electra heart era and really, from what I've seen at least, that's the complete opposite of how she actually is happy.gif

Disagree on Hayley Williams, and WHAT EVEN at Marina laugh.gif there are at least 3 members of the site who have usernames inspired by her latest album laugh.gif

Coldplay yeah I agree. But they do often release samey sounding songs (although Paradise and PoC and ASFOS can be easily distinguished)

I also disagree with Charli XCX too. Boom Clap is kind of a Buzzjack fave on here and so is more or less Fancy. And I think her threads get quite a few replies too happy.gif

EDIT: Unless you're comparing the tastes of people irl, you can ignore me laugh.gif

This post has been edited by 100% ~spadam~ 😎: Sep 11 2015, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 11 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #7
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

I pretty much love all Jessie J songs and adore her voice when she belts it like in Who You Are/Nobody's Perfect and when she 'warbles' in stuff like L.O.V.E, not sure why everyone hates her so much.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Sep 11 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #8
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

OH HELL f***ING NO.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Sep 11 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #9
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

FALL OUT BOY.

All you people who mehed off American Beauty/American Psycho the other night are on my shit list. mad.gif I see barely any love for them besides myself and a few others who tend to need to qualify that something like Uma Thurman is much better than their normal stuff. Fall Out Boy have NO BAD SONGS mad.gif

Owl City too I suppose, but let's be honest, he gets brought up so much on random tangents around here lately that it's probably legitimately annoying the people who see him as nothing more than Fireflies and Good Time.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Sep 11 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #10
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 11 2015, 09:03 PM) *
All you people who mehed off American Beauty/American Psycho the other night are on my shit list. mad.gif

You actually played that horror sad.gif

And for this topic, Queen Idina *.*

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 11 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Sep 11 2015, 10:54 PM) *

And for this topic, Queen Idina *.*

Hmm Idina Menzel thinking.gif
I suppose it's hated because well, it took absolutely agesssss to start falling down the chart drama.gif and there's just no escaping Frozen merchandise (and Despicable Me characters sleep.gif) and the song itself isn't really what people are used to hearing on the chart tongue.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Sep 11 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #12
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I'm gonna say it: Justin Bieber. As much as he gets such a bad rep (which he's had since the start of his career), you gotta admit that he's crazy talented. The fact that people only started warming up to him with "What Do You Mean?" and even then there are some people who won't accept his better tunes drama.gif

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Sep 11 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Chris Brown. Maybe a dickhead, but he makes fantastic music and has a great voice.

Fuse ODG. How can anybody hate music so joyous and unpretentious and positive towards women!?

House Every Weekend is pretty hated and I don't know why really? Absolute tune to my ears.

Never got the controversy over Blurred Lines and why it was considered a rape song. "That man is not your maker" surely suggests not rather than the leering chorus.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 11 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Sep 11 2015, 11:00 PM) *
I'm gonna say it: Justin Bieber. As much as he gets such a bad rep (which he's had since the start of his career), you gotta admit that he's crazy talented. The fact that people only started warming up to him with "What Do You Mean?" and even then there are some people who won't accept his better tunes drama.gif

JB is kinda an obvious one really.
QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Sep 11 2015, 11:04 PM) *
Chris Brown. Maybe a dickhead, but he makes fantastic music and has a great voice.

Fuse ODG. How can anybody hate music so joyous and unpretentious and positive towards women!?

House Every Weekend is pretty hated and I don't know why really? Absolute tune to my ears.

Never got the controversy over Blurred Lines and why it was considered a rape song. "That man is not your maker" surely suggests not rather than the leering chorus.

Yeah CB and Fuse kind of music aren't too popular on here but they do bring out the choons cool2.gif
I don't think I remember seeing a hate comment for Haus actually. Oh and I agree Blurred Lines is such a tune but the video is kinda pervy, his voice isn't to everyone's taste and he does have the 'I'm a dick' vibe to him as well I guess laugh.gif I think I also read something in an article that suggests he's done something or other which not everyone would be too pleased about manson.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Sep 11 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #15
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Sep 11 2015, 10:54 PM) *

It's currently adorning my member title *.*

I don't consider Justin or Chris to have ever produced anything even close to resembling a 'tune' but I guess that is what this thread is for, different music tastes and all.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Sep 11 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 11 2015, 11:16 PM) *
It's currently adorning my member title *.*

Ew. tongue.gif
It's currently adorning my most hated songs playlist!

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Sep 11 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #17
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Sep 11 2015, 11:00 PM) *

YES, he was my first thought with this thread too. The hate he gets from many all over the internet is just ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 11 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Josh. @ Sep 11 2015, 08:51 PM) *
I pretty much love all Jessie J songs and adore her voice when she belts it like in Who You Are/Nobody's Perfect and when she 'warbles' in stuff like L.O.V.E, not sure why everyone hates her so much.

I agree, I don't see what Jessie has done to attract so many haters. I find her quite funny a lot of the time!

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Sep 11 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 11 2015, 11:16 PM) *
I don't consider Justin or Chris to have ever produced anything even close to resembling a 'tune' but I guess that is what this thread is for, different music tastes and all.

Loyal is the definition of a 'tune' tbh. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Sep 11 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #20

Jessie's personality is horrendous nowadays but I do find most of her music far too hated on though. Especially the 1st album which is stunning *.*

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 03:46 PM