BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ding dong Abbott is GONE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Sep 15 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Australian Politics, or #auspol if you're twitter inclined, is still giving me life. The country is now onto it's 4th Prime Minister in the space of 2.5 years.

The largest c**t in the world, Tony Abbott, has been disposed of as leader of the Liberal party and has been replaced by the man who he replaced, Malcolm Turnbull. It's all a bit Rudd/Gillard tbh and a chuck of the reason that the coalition got elected was because the electorate were sick of the Rudd/Gillard nonsense from Labor.

As utterly THRILLED as I am to see the back of Abbott, who makes Cameron look like a truly wonderful PM and all round great bloke, it means 2016 won't be such a complete walk over for ALP. Although Turnbull isn't exactly popular with the Australian public, he's just more popular than Abbott. Which isn't really saying much...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Sep 15 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
When I saw the title of the thread, I though Dianne Abbott had set a new record for the shortest-lived Shadow Cabinet appointment ever laugh.gif That said, I'm surprised it took you so long to post this thread.

Obviously, I'm glad to see Tony Abbott gone. The Aussies certainly don't hang about in getting rid of their leaders. Five hours from a challenge to deposing the leader is impressive stuff.

Australian parties seem to be making a habit of replacing leaders with a predecessor. I wonder if Iain Duncan Smith is getting ideas.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post Sep 15 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
I'm quite sad about this. I'd have loved to see him torn to shreds by the electorate sad.gif

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Sep 16 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
I too was hoping this was about Diane.

Not to say I prefer the Australian Abbott, but it is a shame we won't see him lose the election.

This is also an excuse to wheel out my favourite quote about Australian politics:

"It's not whether Australian politicians are right or left wing. It is that they are so often so extraordinarily uncouth."

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:02 AM