BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> APPLE MUSIC, Will you be continuing subscribing?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Sep 22 2015, 03:13 AM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Apple iTunes launched Apple Music almost three months ago and with the free trial almost up, the question is will you subscribe into paying the monthly fee? Personally I would much rather get a Spotify premimum account which I could get for almost half the price due to being a student.

Apple Music has been incredibly underwhelming and nowhere near as good as I expected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancember
post Sep 22 2015, 06:19 AM
Post #2
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

yep i'm definitely staying with Spotify.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 22 2015, 06:47 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 116

No I won't, it's decent and I've been using it instead of Deezer most of the time over the past three months but I get a subscription to Deezer with my phone contract so I'll just stick to that.

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Sep 22 2015, 06:56 AM
Post #4
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

I'm not continuing with Apple Music (I cancelled the subscription a few weeks ago).

iCloud Music Library wrecked my library/playlists (artwork disappeared/tags were changed/playlists were deleted or had songs replaced). Thankfully I had backed up prior to letting Apple Music wreak havoc, so I managed to revert my iTunes library back to its previous state. I've been disinclined to give Apple Music another go since that disaster...

Spotify all the way!

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Sep 22 2015, 07:02 AM
Post #5
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I think I will, it's just easier for me to have my whole music library in the same place as songs available to stream. Especially on my iPhone, it means one less app too. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Sep 22 2015, 07:58 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

No Spotify for me.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 22 2015, 08:51 AM
Post #7
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I cancelled my subscription just yesterday

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Sep 22 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I canceled mine. I have a student account with Spotify (Don't ask). So unless Apple music want to offer that, I'm out.

I'm glad I have it for one more week though, because it means I can listen to Drake X Future.

This post has been edited by Joe.: Sep 22 2015, 10:11 AM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Sep 22 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #9
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I just finished my 30 day trial of Spotify having streamed most of my favourite artists' albums. I will probably wait until more albums are made before starting the AM trial I think. That's if they're still gonna do it for a while, we all know what Apple is like :/

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Sep 22 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #10
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Maybe. My free trial doesn't run out till mid November so I still have a while to decide!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Sep 22 2015, 01:31 PM
Post #11
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

I'm keeping Spotify too. So much easier to use and it's more accessible for me (what with me being on android etc..) laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Ben*
post Sep 22 2015, 01:46 PM
Post #12
Chart Chat Slave
Member No.: 275

Good that you started this thread. Just cancelled my subscription. I haven't really used it during the free trial either although I use a lot of Apple products.

I'd rather use Spotify, easier to use and easier to find music. Also I can browse other countries charts (unlike on Apple Music).

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Sep 22 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #13
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I rarely use streaming anyway but yeah, definitely not continuing with this. Spotify does what I need it to, whenever I need it (which is not often).

+Quote Post
Slade
post Sep 22 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I never even bothered with this, was happy enough with Spotify. Was expecting it to take off way more than it actually has, oops.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 22 2015, 02:30 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I would've loved to as it puts all my purchased/imported songs into one place and of course everything syncs perfectly between iTunes and iPhone, but I just won't use the requirement of the iCloud Library as it just got too messy with it. If they ever remove the iCloud Library requirement and just let me add songs from the streaming library to my music without having to upload all my original songs to the Cloud, then I'll certainly be subscribing.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Sep 22 2015, 02:51 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

The one thing I've noticed about Apple Music is that it seems to drain a lot less battery on the phone than Spotify. I guess it's the fact that it's integrated instead of being an external app. Similar with how Whatsapp drains more battery than iMessage.

That being said, it's not enough to make me stay. Though I'd probably switch to it if they offered the student discount because I can see their being more Apple exclusive albums coming our way.

+Quote Post
152chris
post Sep 22 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #17
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

i only just got it last week lol but tbh i LUV. i never had spotify but never really wanted to either (mostly cos the interface is so UG but also cos like w downloads i can be 100% sure i have all the music i want together in one place). already my life feels so much easier w apple music though so i think it is a KEEPER.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Sep 23 2015, 04:28 AM
Post #18
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Well I guess I'm the only one who will be keeping Apple Music then! laugh.gif I quite like it and the fact that the songs you stream integrate with your existing iTunes library. I can put up with the few glitches for this. Plus I prefer it on the mobile app compared with spotify.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Sep 23 2015, 03:49 PM
Post #19
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I've only ever used Spotify before with the three month vodafone trial but I didn't really like it, I did prefer Apple Music tbh, but it's just still not worth £9.99 (or whatever it is) a month for me, as I have such a bad habit of just listening to the same 4/5 albums on repeat until a new one comes out laugh.gif I think I'm just going to stick to buying songs on itunes when I want them!

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Oct 13 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

Quick question for people are still using Apple Music:

Anyone else getting a iCloud Error Message? It keeps popping up and is apparently something to do with my Firewall, but I've check and it's not. Is Apple just having an off day for everyone? Or should I get some help?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 02:42 PM