BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> R8: Scrap It Or Save It?, Will the Queen return from war?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Should Rihanna Scrap R8 or Save It?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
classydude
post Oct 5 2015, 03:31 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,830
   No Gallery Pics

So... We're in October and still we have no idea of any album name or release date for Rihanna's fan-titled eighth studio album 'R8'. cry.gif

It's no lie that her management have seriously f**ked up in terms of marketing this release, and although Rihanna has managed to stay well and truly in the limelight despite not really releasing music until 2015 (apart from a few features), she still needs to be marketed she can't just waltz back in (as much as i'd like to admit it). So what should she do with R8? If she goes to release it now I can't help but think it's going to underperform, even though given BBHMM's numbers she could have easily opened with 200-300k+ for her Album if she just didn't f**k things up. So many things happened that made her music, the reason why she is where she is, seem like a backthought (think TIDAL, Puma etc..) and it's not that we don't want her doing great things bc slay Rih but... give us some more music!!

Here's what I would do... cheer.gif

The Golden Q4 is fast approaching and with some songs teased, three formally released Rihanna has such uneven ground to release an album it's scary. We know she loves an X Factor feature but the X Factor isn't what it used to be, even with Rih on it. I think she should release Only If (For A Night) late this month, perform it both on the X Factor and an American TV show (Maybe Late Night or SNL) and release that as the fourth and final single from her new *EP* which will be released in November / December in time for Christmas which features: 45S, BBHMM, A02, Only If (For A Night), Higher, Kiss It Better. That way these songs have a home, a good home, and Fans can get somewhat of a Christmas present. Then...

Q1 2016 has - BRITs, Grammys, Superbowl, March Madness (throwback) amongst others which are excellent promo spots. I'd want her team to push for her to be the Superbowl 2016 act, this could be announced the same time as her EP, better promo for the both of them. Then, in January she'll start at announcement countdown for 'something new' and then this will be.... "Nothing's Promised" the lead single from Rihanna's 8th studio album (the one she's doing with DJ Mustard). The Claxon siren from that going off as the intro into Rihanna's Superbowl performance would be EPIC. Release the song on the Friday after the Superbowl, put the DAMN THING ON SPOTIFY thank GOD, iTunes, whatever streaming service counts and then let it ride the hype. Perform at the BRITs and the Grammy's and snatch a #1 right there. Then in April, we get the second single, something with a feature from a Pop Girl (possibly Tinashe - basically the younger version of her) or maybe something with Diplo / Calvin / Kygo I think she'd smash it. Along the same time as this we get the album announcement, ready for an album release in June. Album's released just in time for summer with a new summer smash for Rihanna, Third single in September to play on The X Factor and capitalise on Q4's promo spots, then just in time for Black Friday / Christmas she can release the deluxe edition, which features the six tracks from her EP as a Disc 2 with a BBHMM Rihmix featuring a hot rapper (Travis, Fetty, even Nicki) and a A02 acoustic.

Rihanna's management if you're reading this, get your shit together.

I know I went off on one a bit but what do you guys think??? dance.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 5 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

If it's going to have more awful songs like FourFiveSeconds and Bitch Better Have My Money I would scrap it too tbh.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Oct 5 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #3
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Let it come when it's coming. I have plenty of Rihanna albums so I'm not desperate and I wouldn't want to scrap it as FourFiveSeconds has shown a good musical direction. (what exactly is the point of scrapping an album campaign just to start another - in the eyes of the public now, there's little difference when they're all on streaming services and making artist playlists)

As far as money goes, surely Rihanna and her management have plenty to dick around with and if they wanted to they could still save it with a few good announcements. Which is probably what they'll do when they're ready.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 5 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Like Iz said it will come when it's ready. We've been very spoilt as Rihanna fans over the years. I mean, Katy Perry started her 2nd album campaign at the end of Rih's 4th and finished when Rihanna was only a couple of months away from releasing her 7th! I personally love 'FourFiveSeconds' and 'Bitch' so can't wait to see what other styles will be on the album, it would've been all to easy to call Stargate, Calvin Harris and David Guetta to put together a quicky 'safe' album in the past 3 years.

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Oct 5 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #5
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Oct 5 2015, 12:33 PM) *
it would've been all to easy to call Stargate, Calvin Harris and David Guetta to put together a quicky 'safe' album in the past 3 years.

I wish she had tbh blush.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 5 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #6
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

QUOTE(Ja˙ @ Oct 5 2015, 12:47 PM) *
I wish she had tbh blush.gif

+Quote Post
MARIAH.
post Oct 5 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #7
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Oct 5 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #8
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I'll give it till Christmas now tbh.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 5 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I agree that it should just come when it's ready, I expect with all the delays and whatever she's probably already scrapped most of it and started again laugh.gif I wouldn't have minded if she just got the likes of Sia, Diplo and Calvin Harris and released another Loud or something but u guess it's more interesting this way, progression is always good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:27 AM