BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apple Music: thoughts?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh
post Oct 11 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #1
✌🏻️
Group: Members
Member No.: 43
   No Gallery Pics

So Apple Music has been out for over three months now and I've just decided to continue using it and have cancelled my Spotify subscription.

What are everybody's thoughts on it? Do you like? Do you prefer Spotify or are you a TIDAL user (ew). Am curious.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 11 2015, 09:47 AM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

We had a thread on this just a couple of weeks ago heehee.gif
No matter, me and Spotify tend to do the job and now I've found another way to "stream" Taylor Swift I've no need for Apple Music biggrin.gif
The answer is Vimeo btw as I've managed to find unpitched full versions of ever 1989 song along with fan made videos. I've also asked iambubbles (Dubtrack FM dev) to add it to the site dance.gif

This post has been edited by Adam's Stories😍: Oct 11 2015, 09:55 AM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 11 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love to convert to Apple Music, but the requirement to use iCloud Music Library which seems too complicated and too unreliable to me means that I can't. sad.gif If they ever remove that requirement then I'll definitely subscribe, but for now it just isn't viable for me!

+Quote Post
Jack
post Oct 11 2015, 03:49 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

It is so much better than Spotify it is unreal.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 11 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 11 2015, 04:29 PM) *
I'd love to convert to Apple Music, but the requirement to use iCloud Music Library which seems too complicated and too unreliable to me means that I can't. sad.gif If they ever remove that requirement then I'll definitely subscribe, but for now it just isn't viable for me!

I didn't know that! nocheer.gif iCloud is such a mess and kind of puts me off trying it out...

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 11 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

You can use Apple Music without, but to be able to add songs to your own music library (and then download for offline listening which is what I'd nearly always use) you have to turn on iCloud music library sad.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 11 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 11 2015, 04:55 PM) *
You can use Apple Music without, but to be able to add songs to your own music library (and then download for offline listening which is what I'd nearly always use) you have to turn on iCloud music library sad.gif

Oh right, well that's not too bad then I guess. When I'm using Spotify on the free trial I would stream albums and then any I want to get I add to add through iTunes later so I don't loose them when the trial runs out magic.gif
I'm thinking of waiting until several smasher albums come out before I get AM tbh. As I usually use Spotify to stream albums I don't really use it to stream things I can hear on YouTube so I don't want to "waste" the 3 month trial if there's not many albums coming out that I want to stream ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Adam's Stories😍: Oct 11 2015, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
burbe
post Oct 11 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Oct 11 2015, 04:55 PM) *

But the iCloud music library is so good! It means you never have to sync your devices to iTunes to transfer the songs.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Oct 11 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

When the free trial ended, it completely messed up my music library. This is why I hate turning on iCloud mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Thinking of deferring to spotify as revenge teresa.gif teresa.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 11 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Jack @ Oct 11 2015, 04:49 PM) *
It is so much better than Spotify it is unreal.

I agree, much easier to use and I just generally prefer it, it's seamlessly connected to my phone and library, if a song isn't on Apple then I can just add it manually whereas on Spotify you can only do that on PC, I only use it on my phone or iPad so I can't have Taylor on Spotify for one and then there's lots more that isn't there and there's no way to add them. I know it costs more but I can afford it and would rather pay a bit more for it because I prefer it and it's better for me.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 11 2015, 06:45 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(burbe @ Oct 11 2015, 07:22 PM) *
But the iCloud music library is so good! It means you never have to sync your devices to iTunes to transfer the songs.

I can see the benefits but it completely messed up all my artwork and then when I tried to sync songs, some songs started being removed from my phone and it just turned into a mess! kink.gif Maybe they've worked out the bugs by now but I'm not sure if I'd dare try it again!

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Oct 11 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

I'm using Apple Music and it's going rather well. My only issues are

1: The iCloud sometimes gives me the wrong version of a song that I ripped from a CD, e.g. Getting the album version of "Honey to the Bee" instead of the Radio Edit. (I don't want any judgement or sarcasm, thank you!)

2: There seem to be a lot of gaps in albums where songs are unplayable and so you have to rely on a Compilation/Single to play it. E.g. Doing It by Charli XCX & Rita Ora. It's available as it's own song, but not part of the Sucker album?!

Other than that. It's great. Just waiting for them to get the rights to MOS and PWL's music

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Oct 11 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #13
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I adore Apple Music. My free subscription recently ended, and I've had no hesitations in paying it (though thankfully I know how I can save money by buying discounted iTunes gift cards). Pretty much any song i can think of is on it, and if it isn't ('Easy Love' for example), I can just add it via iTunes and add it to whichever playlists I like!

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 12 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

If people are so desperate for Taylor Swift. Just buy the record. One months subscription is the same cost as the album.

I would keep AM if I could figure out a way to scrobble music to my Last.FM but nothing works unless I buy the track.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Oct 12 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #15
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Loving it so much but don't think I'm going to continue with it after my trial though (1 month to go for me!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:08 PM