BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Underrated songs/albums of 2015?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 12 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #1
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

All the discussion in both the Best of 2015 and the worst has led me to create this, because surely there are a bunch of songs that seem to get more hate than they should.

"This Summer's Gonna Hurt": Very expected considering Buzzjack as a whole seems to hate Maroon 5 (with the exception of T Boy, you ROCK, maybe Jordan, and to a lesser extent me), but this was actually pretty fun and representative of the summer production-wise.m

The entirety of True Colors: Other than "Papercut", I have not heard one overwhelmingly positive comment about this album. I know most of it was a bit of a change for Zedd (especially since some of the production sounded like it was recycled from ARTPOP), but we can't really expect him to make twelve re-hashes of "Clarity" in one album, because it never really works out in the end (I'm talking to you, Sam Smith). A lot of it was pretty joyous from my listens.

"Marvin Gaye": Probably the biggest offender this year. A lot of people really hate this song but honestly, what else could you expect from a tribute to Marvin Gaye than a classy throwback song that simply says "let's have sex"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Oct 12 2015, 03:36 PM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Marvin Gaye: Agree with Cody here, even though the lyrics are quite bad, I think it is a really good pop song!
Fight Song: So it might sound a bit 2005, but it is such a beautiful song and i've seen a lot of hate for this and quite a lot of people hating it as it doesn't sound fresh
Trouble: One of like 3 people who adore this, such a fantastic pop song and so underrated *.*
Flashlight: I think this would be quite a lot more liked on here if it wasn't Jessie J, beautiful ballad.
Meghan Trainor: I find her a bunch of fun and songs like lips are movin/ dear future husband are so underrated on here
Ella Eyre: Not underrated on Buzzjack but I find her so underrated with the general public (Carly Rae Jepsen also applies to that comment as well), songs like Together deserved to smash.

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Oct 12 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Snakehips feat. Kaleem Taylor (Forever Pt. II)
Disclosure feat. Gregory Porter - Holding On
WSTRN - IN2

These are the big three for me.

Joey Badass feat. Kiesza - Teach Me
Raleigh Ritchie - The Greatest
DJ Fresh - Believer
JME feat. Giggs - Man Don't Care
Kid Ink feat. Dej Loaf - Be Real
Rudimental - Never Let You Go
Big Sean feat. Chris Brown & Ty Dolla Sign - Play No Games
iLL Blu feat. James Morrison - Lonely People
Julio Bashmore feat. Sam Dew - Holding On
Lethal Bizzle feat. Shakka - Playground
Shakka feat. JME - Say Nada

Some more that I feel are underrated.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Oct 12 2015, 03:49 PM
Post #4
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

What's the definition of 'underrated' here as there are some songs that were big chart hits being listed!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Oct 12 2015, 03:50 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 12 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #5
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Oct 12 2015, 04:27 PM) *
All the discussion in both the Best of 2015 and the worst has led me to create this, because surely there are a bunch of songs that seem to get more hate than they should.

"This Summer's Gonna Hurt": Very expected considering Buzzjack as a whole seems to hate Maroon 5 (with the exception of T Boy, you ROCK, maybe Jordan, and to a lesser extent me), but this was actually pretty fun and representative of the summer production-wise.m

UMMMMMM.....hello.

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Oct 12 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #6
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Where oh where to begin~

^ I'm sure there's a ton of people that love it but I feel something this melodically wonderful deserves much more recognition!

^ one of the best dance tracks this year?

^ don't really see this one getting any love, a very pleasant indie pop track imo sad.gif

^ catchy as hell and some very cool instrumentals

^ enjoy this one a lot, shame barely anyone else seems to!

^ still a jam tbh.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 12 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #7
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

In what universe is “Marvin Gaye” underrated? It went to #1 and is played almost continuously on commercial radio. It is also pretty awful and easily one of the worst songs to be released in 2015. I am expecting Jake to (quite rightly) absolutely tear it to shreds in his 2015 write-up for the joke that it is... I mean where do you even start? Even if you gloss over the fact that it references sexy time jams but is far too upbeat and bouncy to be considered as such and about as smooth as crunchy nut peanut butter. I.e. fucking abrasive as a dry shave.

Kurt Vile wub.gif Great shout 7!

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 12 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Yes Real Joy! drama.gif it's a tune that the official chart has not fully appreciated mad.gif
In my opinion I think some of these aren't overrated in terms of the forum or chartwise. Marvin Gaye doesn't seem to be getting that much hate.
I must've also missed all the hate for Fight Song ohmy.gif one of the best number ones this year so far!

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Oct 12 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Massive fan of both The Rhythm and Peaches n Cream there Seven!

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 12 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

"Marvin Gaye", Buzzjack-wise, is severely underrated. Please think before you shoot the messenger. Thank you.

(Also YAAAAS REGINA heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif)

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Oct 12 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

Underrated Musical Moments of 2015 for me are:

Taylor Swift - Style
Florrie - Too Young to Remember
Echosmith - Cool Kids (and the album actually)
Madonna - Living for Love / Ghosttown / B!tch I'm Madonna & the Rebel Heart album. I honestly thought LFL would've been number 1 after the Brit Award performance and the Memes
MNEK - The Rhythm
Gwen Stefani - Baby Don't Lie / Spark the Fire
The FROOT campaign! - So upsetting because it's much better than Electra Heart
BRANDON FLOWERS
ELLA EYRE
Tove Lo - Timebomb cry.gif
ADAM LAMBERT!
St Jude being better than Ship to Wreck, but not getting the love the latter got
Robin Schulz - Headlights
Sheppard - Geronimo
Hilary Duff - Sparks (and the album)
the DEJA VU album! I'm sorry, but how can this not have a top 10 hit under its belt?! Should I even hold out hope for Tom's Diner?
Alseha Dixon.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Oct 12 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #12
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I would add Bicep's “Just” which is basically the club anthem of 2015 but has had practically zero mainstream radio play and little attention here. : (

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 12 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Spiral @ Oct 12 2015, 06:31 PM) *
Underrated Musical Moments of 2015 for me are:

Tove Lo - Timebomb cry.gif
Robin Schulz - Headlights

These! Both seem to have limited popularity both on here and in the chart. Most of Tove's other stuff are basically all round Buzzjack faves (especially Talking Body)

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 12 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

Chart-wise, I think the entirety of E•MO•TION didn't deserve the floppage it somehow got. It had a nice flow and it was a good change of pace for Carly, while keeping the charm she had with her last album.

+Quote Post
Dircandydircane
post Oct 12 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

Django Django's new album feels somewhat ignored compared to their first one but I enjoyed it far more!

Also the Disclosure tracks without super high profile guests (though I do love "Magnets") don't get enough recognition I feel.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Oct 12 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

American Beauty/American Psycho.

Now that one's out of the way, what else is there...

Fight Song gets a lot of talk around here about being 'unoriginal' but it's no worse than half of the rest of the chart these days, especially as that sound hasn't been in vogue for a few years, and I really appreciate a pop-rock anthem getting to #1. Its subject matter could easily come off cloying and that it DOESN'T is to its credit also.

I don't think this got as nearly as much attention as I expected it to, given it features Tove Lo and is pretty wonderful:

+Quote Post
Spiral
post Oct 12 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,208

QUOTE(Adam @ Oct 12 2015, 06:37 PM) *
These! Both seem to have limited popularity both on here and in the chart. Most of Tove's other stuff are basically all round Buzzjack faves (especially Talking Body)

Same for Radio Support. Robin & Tove had a lot support for previous singles like Prayer In C and Habbits/Talking Body, so what made people not enjoy these highly superior songs?! It baffles me.

Also, "Queen of Clouds" = Best Pop album of 2015

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Oct 12 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #18
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Oct 12 2015, 06:28 PM) *
"Marvin Gaye", Buzzjack-wise, is severely underrated. Please think before you shoot the messenger. Thank you.

Likewise! Claiming Buzzjack as a whole hates Maroon 5 with the exception of yourself and two other posters is pretty stupid when there's just been a widely participated rate of the band's singles (with high averages and a six-page long results thread), not to mention 'This Summer's Gonna Hurt...' was well-received on here (particularly for a chart flop) based on comments in its own thread and appearance in multiple personal charts. The band's relatively few 'haters' on here happen to be quite vocal but most of Buzzjack is either generally indifferent towards them or casual fans of theirs. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 12 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #19
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Steering away from any obvious choices I could name, Selena Gomez's Same Old Love is one that pops into my head. I really enjoy it as a song, it's memorable and catchy, and whilst it's far from the sublime smash hit Good For You, it's not as bad as people make out I don't think.

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Oct 12 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #20
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Oct 12 2015, 06:40 PM) *
Django Django's new album feels somewhat ignored compared to their first one but I enjoyed it far more!

Also the Disclosure tracks without super high profile guests (though I do love "Magnets") don't get enough recognition I feel.

The new Django Django record had plenty of great tracks i thought; the likes of Shake and Tremble, First Light, Giant, Beginning To Fade. Personally i'd say the debut is better but I was still very much impressed with the follow-up

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:35 AM