BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CONFIDENCE, What's wrong with being confident?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Oct 21 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Are you a confident person?

I'd like to say I'm pretty comfortable and confident in real life and I do think Buzzjack has helped grow me in confidence as a person and it's made me do things so out of my comfort zone.

I'm pretty confident in being able to do anything but like others I have my own insecurities which I mask very well! At the end of the day, what's wrong with being confident?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 21 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Oct 21 2015, 05:50 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I used to be very shy and still am in situations but University has really really helped me to become more confident, and one of the key reasons I went to Uni was for that reason so I'm glad it's worked out that way!

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 21 2015, 06:27 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I think my confidence has grown significantly in the last few years. In ways I am much more open and secure in myself now. There are some things that I just don't care about now that I used to worry about for no apparent reason. However, I do still have moments of insecurity and they mostly seem to be related to things I've said or done. I start overthinking those things and it takes me ages to find a solution to them in my head. "Can't change the past" and "That's what I wanted to say/do at the time" are usually the ones I come up with tongue.gif So it has most definitely grown, but sometimes I still struggle, such as with, as I said, feeling uncomfortable about some of the things I've said, even some of my personal stories on here etc. So I have some way to go but it has improved for sure.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Oct 21 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #5
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

oh god no, at least not in person anyway. I don't think I ever will be tbh, I've come to accept that it's just not part of my nature. I'm more comfortable in myself now that I've been in a really long time but I'm still far from confident. I'm a very awkward person in every possible way as well as being pretty introverted tbh, I try not to let that show on here though laugh.gif I do hope that one day I can talk to people as easily in person as I can online etc

This post has been edited by Goblindsey: Oct 21 2015, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Oct 21 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I've never, ever been confident, although I was at my worst in my teens tbh

+Quote Post
Colm
post Oct 21 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #7
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

Loads of confidence. Zero self esteem.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 21 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #8
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I am reasonably confident online but in person I am nowhere near as confident lol, roughly two weeks in at work and I'm only just starting to respond well in conversations drama.gif Once I get to know people better, my confidence builds, but still not as much as I'd like it to.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 21 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Confidence is something I've always struggled with in real life. I have rare moments of not being this way but for the most part I'm rather awkward. Oh doesn't it bode so well for journalism! Still, aside from a passion for writing and whatnot the other objective of this course is to come out of this a far more confident person. Hopefully I'll be able to provide you all with a far more positive response a few years down the line, but for now it's the same as ever.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 21 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Colm @ Oct 21 2015, 08:37 PM) *
Loads of confidence. Zero self esteem.

Exactly this! I'll easily have confidence to make myself look stupid in front of new people for example, but it doesn't mean I have any self esteem laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Oct 21 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #11
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

It depends on the situation and who I'm with depends on my confidence, it has improved hugely since I was 13/14 when I used to worry about every little detail of myself/my personality but now I've learnt that the more you put yourself out there, the better people respond, even if you do f*** up plenty of times. I think coming to an understanding that the majority of people doubt themselves and have insecurities so we're all in the same boat even if some people appear to be confident.

although having said all that, public speaking still terrifies me and I become a blubbering wreck even if I know exactly what I want to say :/

This post has been edited by Klumpkin: Oct 21 2015, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post
Colm
post Oct 21 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #12
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 21 2015, 08:51 PM) *
Exactly this! I'll easily have confidence to make myself look stupid in front of new people for example, but it doesn't mean I have any self esteem laugh.gif

I have confidence in an interview, with talking to strangers, talking in a group situation, talking to anyone of any seniority

When it comes to talking to someone I am attracted to - zero self esteem.

I expect people to like me. I don't expect people to choose me over every one else.

+Quote Post
M.
post Oct 22 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klumpkin @ Oct 21 2015, 08:51 PM) *
It depends on the situation and who I'm with depends on my confidence, it has improved hugely since I was 13/14 when I used to worry about every little detail of myself/my personality but now I've learnt that the more you put yourself out there, the better people respond, even if you do f*** up plenty of times. I think coming to an understanding that the majority of people doubt themselves and have insecurities so we're all in the same boat even if some people appear to be confident.

although having said all that, public speaking still terrifies me and I become a blubbering wreck even if I know exactly what I want to say :/

This post speaks to me so much. I think it does depend on the situation. I no longer have as much trouble speaking up in group situations (although I'm better in smaller groups), and I speak much louder now (that's not to say I shout cockily). But there are other situations where I'm less confident. For example, there's someone I'm kind of interested in at the moment but all we do is say hi (but even that gives me feels). And I too used to worry so much about every little detail about myself, I used to cover up certain things when I was younger (such as not having a middle name kink.gif), things that didn't even matter, and now it's just like, well, who cares, it's a part of who you are and everyone's unique and you're allowed to be yourself and show yourself. I'm still not all the way there though, in practice. I made all the videos of myself private, for example.

The f*** up thing that you said is great too. It probably is much better to put yourself out there, even just a little bit at a time, and get both positive and negative reactions from people, rather than not do it at all and get nothing. People want to get to know people. I'm still not all that confident with f*** ups though, haha, like sometimes I'll avoid saying or doing something because I'm wary of how it might come across. Occasionally I might be afraid of my opinion being seen as stupid, for example.

I want to try some public speaking at this very moment, just to see if I've improved at that tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Oct 22 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #14
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

not rly

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Oct 22 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #15
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

but poot ur beautiful

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Oct 22 2015, 03:18 PM
Post #16
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks blush.gif blush.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Oct 22 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #17
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Like a few others, I'm more confident online than in real life. I'd still say I'm fairly confident, but not as confident as I'd like to be. tongue.gif I feel like if I stop over-analysing every situation, I'd be so much more confident biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 23 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I say what I feel and give very few shots who curres.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 23 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

But i'm also quite shy.

So some confidence.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Oct 23 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #20
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I have more or less confidence in different contexts, with different people and at different levels of intoxication but generally I would place my overall confidence level as low but not QUITE as low as my self esteem.

YAYHAPPYFUNTIMES

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:15 PM