BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Regina's Top 50 Movies Ever, + Maybe Actors/Actresses Too
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Oct 25 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #1
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

The definitive list of the greatest ever movies filmed. Well, according to me, chances are you will not agree with some of these. But do I care, not much.
Be prepared for lots of HRH Amy Adams and maybe some Sebby, although his filmography is not that good, bless him. Most likely I will be doing a top 20-ish list of actors/actresses
which might come first since it is much easier than doing the movies.

Hope this gets some comments. Please spread the word.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Oct 25 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I'm here for you hen. Cluck cluck.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 25 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #3
Ooga Boo

20 | Courteney Cox
19 | Paul Rudd
18 | Meryl Streep

If anyone here remembers 2010 era Regina, they will know how much I love Courteney Cox. My loved has waned a bit, but she still reigns supreme in my heart. Best known for her TV roles in Friends and Cougar Town, she excells as a comedy actress and knows how to play a bitch, perfectly shown in the Scream movies. She doesn't do that many serious roles though, she is defo better at comedy, hence the low placing here, she needs variety. Best role: Cougar Town.
Paul Rudd is a DILF, Liam will agree to this. Most people nowadays will know him as Ant Man, one of the worst superheroes ever. To me, he will always be Mike from Friends. Basically every movie I've seen him in has been a comedy, except for The Object Of My Affection and maybe Admission. He is naturally funny so obv slays at comedy, but I'd like to see him in more serious stuff, maybe him and Courteney can do something. Best role: This Is 40.
There's no denying Meryl is queen of Hollywood, 3 Oscars won and like a million nominations. I've seen her in so many movies, she can do serious, she can do comedy, she can sing, she can play violin. Why so low though? Simply because I think there are a fair share of her movies that are not as good as others and many of the ones above her here have a much stronger filmography. Best role: Julie & Julia

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 25 2015, 07:03 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

I really wish I'd seen more Meryl movies, she's incredibly good in everything I've seen her in but I haven't made the jump into some of her older stuff yet. Think her best performance I've seen is probably The Iron Lady, she transformed exactly into Thatcher and played the emotion so well in the husband scenes too. I've always loved her in Mamma Mia too, she got the fun character so right and what a set of pipes too (The Winner Takes It All!!!), same goes for Into the Woods too really (those vocals wub.gif). Hope Springs was a bit cringe though, not her fault really laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Joshi Monsters: Oct 25 2015, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 25 2015, 07:05 PM
Post #5
Ooga Boo

The River Wild and Music Of The Heart are essential for "older" movies.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 25 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #6
c:

Kramer vs Kramer is top of my list but I'd like to watch a lot of them eventually so I'll keep them noted, thanks!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 25 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #7
Ooga Boo

Silkwood is also great, but really heavy. Cher is amazing in it.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 26 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #8
Ooga Boo

17 | Melissa McCarthy
16 | Christina Applegate
15 | Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Two very funny ladies here. First, Melissa. She initially was mainly TV based with starring roles in Gilmore Girls, Samantha Who? and Mike And Molly but now she is this amazing move leading lady, which is awesome. So naturally funny and talented, I loved her in GG and SW?, not seen much of Mike & Molly, but it seems good. Bridesmaids got her an Oscar nom too, slay. Her best roles seem to be aggressive women, such as in The Heat which is such a good movie. Best Role: The Heat.
Speaking of Samantha Who?, it's main character is up next. Christina has been doing stuff for years, but I haven't seen much of her stuff. She is high up here because of Samantha Who? which is easily one of the 3 best shows of all time, cut before it's time after 2 seasons. Sadly she was also a part of Ancorman, but everyone is allowed to make mistakes. She is also stupidly beautoful, look at those eyes. Best Role: Samantha Who?
JGL, y'all know how much I love him, and that I'll kill anyone who tries to take him away. I always find it odd that he's never had any kind of Oscar buzz since he's a damn fine actor, he really deserved something for 50/50. He kinda rose up after 500 Days Of Summer which is really a load of tosh, like, really. A lot of the movies I have seen him in have been fairly serious or have dark humour, so maybe a nice rom com soon? That all being said, he might nab something for The Walk. Best Role: 50/50

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 26 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #9
Ooga Boo

14 | Julianne Moore
13 | Katherine Heigl
12 | Bradley Cooper

11 | Sebastian Stan

The second Oscar winner to crop up here, Julianne Moore ends up a few spots higher than Meryl, but why? Well simply put, I've seen more movies and enjoyed them a bit more. Don Jon, Still Alice, Jurassic World, she's covered a lot of genres and she nails them all. It took far too long for her to finally win an Oscar. I am still waiting for her and Amy Adams to star together, with Jessica Chastain, the best redheads in Hollywood tbh. Best Role: Don Jon.
Katherine Heigl has a rep for being a bit of a mare, but a lot of that is apparantly down to her Mum. I don't judge. We can all be honest an admit Izzy was a pain in the arse and she shoulda left George alone. Her movies are mainly Rom Com-y which is why I have seen almost all of them. Expect one or two to appear in my movies list. She's done serious stuff before, maybe not to the same standard but that's not important, she does comedy well. Best Role: 27 Dresses.
Another man, whooop. Another Oscar nominee with no wins, I am still bitter over him not getting it for Silver Linings. Initially he was a bit of the "hot douche" in his earlier movie roles, but then he managed to bag some better roles. Of course some of those eariler roles were amaze, All About Steve is an underrated masterpiece. He also shoulda been in Alias more, him and Jennifer Garner had mad chemistry. Not only a hunk, but a talented one. Best Role: All About Steve.
My darling Sebby heart.gif the light of my life, the cream to my strawberry. My god he's done some dire movies in his time. The Covenant is just awful beyond words. Thankfully Captain America came along and he's managed to get some better roles. This is why he ends up fairly middle of the road here, he has talent but not really the right places to show it off. He plays a lot of tortured gay people, which is nice. He barely has any lines in Captain America Winter SOlder but still steals every scene he's in, all down to the way he portrays his emotions with those beautiful eyes of his. Slay. Best Role: Captain America 1 + 2

This post has been edited by Regina: Oct 26 2015, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 27 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #10
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

hi.gif You know i love a good countdown *.*

That is a brilliant start to the actors/actresses bit - Courtney is of course LIFE (and i will be rewatching 'Scream' this week hopefully), Paul Rudd is hilarious and adorable and Meryl is well Meryl. Julliane Moore i really like too, my favourite role being 'The Kids Are All Right' which is just an all round fantastic film <3

I am hoping i know a few of the films that will be included here, we have quite different tastes but i'll make sure i can check out at least some of the ones i've never heard of if you recommend them strong enough~

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 27 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #11
c:

Big fan of Bradley Cooper here so yay for more crossover, think his best role is Silver Linings Playbook for sure but he's great in everything I've seen him in, American Anioer was very good and again he played the role of mentally damaged very well again in it. American Hustle too, he really went for that.

I think I'd pick 50/50 for JGL pick too, I watched it one day hoping for a laugh but it was quite the opposite, excellently acted though by him, some heartbreaking scenes. I liked him in The Walk too, he was one of the best bits about it for sure.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 27 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Christina Applegate was a fab teen star in Married With Children, and JGL in Third Rock from The Sun, 2 all-time great sitcom series with broad humour that were under-appreciated by critics. The series made them stars.... cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 27 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #13
Ooga Boo

10 | Chris Evans

Another one of my baes, only this one has managed to nab himself some good movies. One of the first men to give the gay in me an awakening, the first man to do this maight be in this list too. Chris has played so many superheroes, but it's Captain America who he is most famous for, and he does it SO well. The perfect Cap for me. He was also a perfect Human Torch actually. We all know he can do action, he also slays in comedy, What's Your Number? especially, we get nudity in that one. He is also surprisinlgy good at nitty gritty dramas too, actually he is pretty underrated. He also has talents behind the camera and his first directed movie looks pretty decent. He is annoyingly hunky too and a totally adorable little thing. Best Role: What's Your Number?

09 | Mandy Moore

Whether you love her for her underrated music career or her underrated movie one, we can all agree Mandy is too underrated. A Walk To Remember shows she can do romance and drama, while movies like Because I Said So shows she is naturally funny. Her voice is most known for Tangled probably, which is one of the best Disney movies ever. Whenever I turn on a movie of Mandy's, I can feel safe in the knowledge that she's gonna carry that movie and keep me hooked. It helps that she's so damn beautiful too. Best Role: Because I Said So

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 27 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #14
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

JGL, Seb Stan and Melissa McCarthy wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Oct 27 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #15
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Lol Mandy Moore.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 28 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #16
Ooga Boo

08 | Shawn Ashmore

Remember me mentioning that Chris Evans was one of the first men to awaken the gay in me? Well meet the first one to do so. Shawn played Iceman in the X-men movies and he was amazing in it, even though he didn't get much screentime. Still though, him in that black outfit was enough to homo me up. Anyway, since then he's been in a lot of horror movies and as a result, died...a lot. I've only seen The Ruins out of them and he had a grizzly end there. He moved to TV and was one of the main characters in The Following, a pretty decent show, but it's been cancelled. He has a twin brother called Aaron who is less hunky tbh. An underrated actor tbh, but then, he's never had a big role in any big movies. Best Role: Diverted

07 | Queen Latifah

The Queen is here. Not only a powerhouse actress but one of the most popular and highly regarded female rappers too, yes indeed. Nicki who? Another Oscar nominee, she got it for Chicago, which is a great movie it must be said. She's been in a whole bunch of different genres; musical, drama, comedy, and been fab in them all. She dominates any scene she's in and manages to bring warmth to most of her roles, even the ones that are mainly comical, which is a nice thing to have. She really does well in being a really feisty bitch with a heart of gold, which is shown in Bringing Down The House, a fab comedy masterpiece. Her range slays, she can also belt out a tune and a half. Best Role: Last Holiday.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Oct 28 2015, 11:55 PM
Post #17
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Ew. Melissa puke.gif I really cannot abide her. Ridiculously one dimensional and once you've seen her in one film, you've seen her in majority of the others. I find her very, very unfunny too.

Yassss at the inclusions of Paul, Bradley, Joseph, Julianne & Chris Evans though. Although I don't think I've seen too many films in regards to Meryl, I appreciate the impact she's had on people and why she may be considered as one of the greatest actresses of all time. JGL in particular is a fave! '(500) Days Of Summer' is amazing and his best role to date, so hush yo' mowf. Looking forward to his Christmas film with Seth Rogen!

I'm looking forward to seeing more Sebastian in movies. I agree in that despite not saying much in 'Winter Soldier', he manages to have a presence and that's got to count for something, right? So I hope he can bag some more main starring roles. He needed to be used in 'The Martian' more imo.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 29 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #18
Ooga Boo

06 | Jennifer Garner

The former Mrs Scott Foley and now former Mrs Ben Affleck.
She has played so many badasses, Sydney in Alias, Elektra in Daredevil and Elektra and also Janet Mayes in the overlooked The Kingdom, where she really is like an American Lara Croft. Everyone should know and love her for comic classic 13 Going On 30 tbh, if you don't then you are gutter trash. In recent years she's been reduced to smaller roles in some really crappy movies, like Butter (shudder) but now she's ditched Ben she can get some nice meatier roles that show off her considerable talent, like Catch & Release or The Odd Life Of Timothy Green. Best Role: 13 Going On 30

05 | Julia Roberts

A hooker, a runaway bride, a piza waitress, a human rights fighter, she's done it all and aced them all. An Oscar winning queen of life tbh. Pretty Woman is one of the most amazing movies ever, even with Richard Gere in it. She's like Meryl Streep but not as celebrated imo, there's very little she can't do. One of the most celebrated actresses in Hollywood, she has a mouth like a cave but even so she is stunning. You can't help but be captivated by her whenever she is on screen. She pops up in a fair few of my favourite movies, so keep an eye out for her. Best Role: Mystic Pizza.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 31 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #19
Ooga Boo

04 | Jeremy Renner

My future sugar daddy. Is he the highest male here? Maybe, probably, yes. So what makes me love him more than the likes of Chris Evans and Sebby? Well, his biceps. I kid, but they are amazing. I've been a fan of his for a while, and he's done what no other person had done before, he's made me like a horror-ish movie. Dahmer is a seriously twisted movie, but he delivers the character so well. He also did a few comedy movies in his early career and is surprisingly comfortable in it. More known for action movies and being a badass superhero, he made Hawkeye actually interesting, not an easy task. Twice nominated for an Oscar and unfairly SNUBBED for Kill The Messenger, he really knows how to dish out some emotion in his more tender movies. Best Role: 12 & Holding

03 | Sandra Bullock

My Queen. If you didn't cry your ryes out in The Blindside or laugh up your guts in Miss Congeniality then you are dead inside. From Speed to Miss Congeniality to The Lake House to Two Weeks Notice to The Heat, Sandy delivers in all her movies. So naturally funny, it's no surprise she makes such good comedy movies, she even got to ram into a naked Ryan Reynolds, and got paid for it. Lucky mare. Also so good as bringing her A game in emotional movies, for example her Oscar winning role in The Blindside, which made my usually emotionally in control mother WEEP into her coffee. Slay. Ignore the fact her new movie has gotten the lowest opening of her entire career, I blame Billy Bob. Best Role: The Proposal

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 2 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo

I'll just carry on talking to myself, maybe more of y'all will come for the actual movie bit

02 | Jennifer Lopez

My second favourite actress ever and also my second favourite singer ever. Slay-Lo.
From her appearence as Latina goddess Selena which got her a Golden Globe nomination, to her role in the iconic The Wedding Planner, she's done a whole load of
different genres, comedy being the one she is strongest in. She's also shown just how capable she is in dramatic roles, such as An Unfinished Life and Enough. She gets a bad rap when it comes to her acting, people seem keen to rip her down even before they give her a chance, but to me, she's delivered strong movies since the beginning and whenever you watch one of her movies, you feel safe in the knowledge that you are in for a treat. Best Role: The Back-up Plan.

01 | Amy Adams

My queen.
You know when you have people say they've seen every movie by a certain actor? Well that's me with Amy. I just adore her. 5 time Oscar nominee but alas no wins, which is total crap since she deserves one, one of the finest actresses in Hollwood right now. Naturally gifted in making a fun character in her movies, she is iconic in Enchanted, fierce in The Fighter, somewhat scary in The Master and outright flawless in American Hustle. She's played a lot of nicey nice characters but even so, they all manage to stand apart from eachother. Doesn't mean she can't bring the bitch out, seeing her beat the shit out of those sisters in The Fighter and slaying like a boss in Man Of Steel prove that. She's also a hellova singer, shown off in Enchanted, Miss Pretigrew Lives For A Day and The Muppets. She has two awesome sounding movies out next hear so hopefully that Oscar isn't too far away. Best Role: Leap Year

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 06:57 PM