BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> **Developments** vote alterations
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Oct 26 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Slightly more serious than EYEBROWS ;o

It has come to light recently that much like in the BJSC forum, there has been corruption or tampering or PM fixing of results in the Lounge (call it what you will). We have recieved screenshots from a member which explicitly show that a moderator has influenced and affected the results in a popularity competition held here, and as it the policy of us now in the Lounge we need to let it out in the open because we sensed an aura of distrust when other allegations of fixing came alight. From the information we have this hasn't affected any final results of the winners or runner-ups, but we have evidence that suggests that some of the scores in BJKO earlier this year were altered as a result of a moderator asking people to give specific scores to people. We're not sure if anything else has happened before or since then, but this evidence is concrete and enough for us to take action.

The other lounge mods have discussed this, and we're fervently adamant that this is totally unacceptable and we've vowed to take a stand against it. We have taken the matter to management who will be discussing matters further i believe, but we need to confirm and reassure you all that the majority of lounge mods had no idea that tampering was happening and we're just as (if not more) shocked and upset about this than you will be.

The Lounge Moderating Team

Edit: these are still developments... but with another thread that has appeared in the Lounge it appears they have been confirmed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 26 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #2
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

It's quite upsetting to hear that this has gone on in The Lounge too, I must admit. Obviously not an isolated case in BJSC then.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Oct 26 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #3
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Group: Members
Member No.: 70

I demand the heads of everybody responsible.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Oct 26 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #4
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

This never would have happened in the GOOD OLD DAYS.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 26 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

:/

Why has this evidence only just come up then? BJKO was ages ago. I hope it isn't someone trying to get another member in more trouble just to be spiteful drama.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Oct 26 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #6
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(Adam @ Oct 26 2015, 07:07 PM) *
:/

Why has this evidence only just come up then? BJKO was ages ago. I hope it isn't someone trying to get another member in more trouble just to be spiteful drama.gif

Based on the evidence we have received it seems that there has been a series of ill thought out messages going on for the past few weeks following the BJSC fixing reveal.. The person involved has felt it right to reveal everything and that the BJSC was not just an isolated case. Whatever the motives, I think the truth is surely more important and the spitefulness of getting people to alter their votes far outweighs whatever "spiteful" claims you call out here. We have seen screenshots, we have seen the messages, there is no "trying", it's factual.

This is purely professional from the Lounge mods - none of it is spiteful. We just need to assure you that all competitions or rates or games in the Lounge going forward are above-board. We all get invested in these things - i'm pretty sure i begged people to mark me down because i didn't want to win :') and i'm sure others have done similar things in a light-hearted way - but when it gets more serious than that, and people feel affected by how someone is approaching them and the fact that there have been MULTIPLE accounts of this and actual changing of votes or specific changes to affect the results, we need to take a stand.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Oct 26 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #7
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I think we should get both sides of the story before demonsiing anyone concretely.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 26 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #8
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Well THAT narrows it down.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Oct 26 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #9
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(All Hallows Peen @ Oct 26 2015, 07:27 PM) *
I think we should get both sides of the story before demonsiing anyone concretely.

I think the evidence speaks for itself.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Oct 26 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I know I have ZERO right to comment on this as I wasn't even here when 'BJKO' happened, but it's disappointing to see.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 26 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

I also think Adam has a point: barely any of us care about BJKO NOW. Why the sudden resurgence?

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Oct 26 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Cody Scareberry @ Oct 26 2015, 07:55 PM) *
I also think Adam has a point: barely any of us care about BJKO NOW. Why the sudden resurgence?

I can see your point, but (to my knowledge) it's only just came out that BJKO had some tampering.

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Oct 26 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #13
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

People care because it calls into question the entire authenticity and honesty of one of the people who runs the lounge. All of the moderation team got a lot of stick from people during the Rate because we weren't open and clear about what was happening so now that we've discovered there has been things going on behind the scenes that aren't as they should be, it seems only fair that you should know about it. 1 month, 7 months, a year, does it really matter when tampering went on? Surely it's best that we're always clear with you all.

I, for one, don't want an attack on anybody, far from it, but transparency within this forum has to be the main priority regardless of who is involved.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Oct 26 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #14
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Do we get to know what the correct results are for the BJKO and second BJSC incident? (And any others if there are any)

This post has been edited by Adam's Cauldron: Oct 26 2015, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Oct 26 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

So I really should have gotten through to the next round? I see how it is kink.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Oct 26 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #16
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

whodunnit

oh wait nevermind, having a sarah michelle moment

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Oct 26 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #17
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Hennoween @ Oct 26 2015, 09:20 PM) *
whodunnit

oh wait nevermind, having a sarah michelle moment

dry.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:51 AM