BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Spotify Playlists, Because sharing is caring.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Oct 31 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

Do you have that that one (or more) go to playlist that you've made that you're pretty proud of or can't get enough of?

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can share our playlists and get an insight into each other's music tastes and preferences.

Those of you with a keen eye to this site will know that I spend a lot of my time posting about dance music, but I do have a soft spot for anything mellow/chilled-out and my favourite playlist right now is one I've made called 'Ultimate Chill' with everything from downtempo electronica and pop to acoustic and unplugged versions of popular songs.

Feel free to share your own smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CHOCOLATE BANTA
post Oct 31 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #2
Prefer not to sleigh
Member No.: 21,005

I usually (at the moment anyway) pretty much only use Spotify for streaming new (and old) albums, so no I don't have any playlists (apart from my personal chart one)

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Oct 31 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #3
show ur id
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I don't really make Spotify playlists, the only one I do have is 'BJSC Potentials', but I probably won't share that here lol. I do save artists and albums sometimes for future listening - at the moment I have Bat for Lashes, Carly Rae Jepsen, Chase & Status, CHVRCHES, Emika, FKA twigs, Halsey, Ishome, Objekt, Ryli, Sigur Rós, Tori Amos and Zomby. Some of those are from ages ago so have already listened, but others I still want to get through.

I'm listening to your playlist at the moment btw and it's so good ohmy.gif I like all that kind of chillout music as well.

This post has been edited by Mattdusa: Oct 31 2015, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 31 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #4
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've started making monthly Spotify playlists of new songs that I liked during the month. Here is the one for September, and this is the one for October.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Oct 31 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Mattdusa @ Oct 31 2015, 06:01 PM) *
I'm listening to your playlist at the moment btw and it's so good ohmy.gif I like all that kind of chillout music as well.

Thank you Mattias smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Oct 31 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Oh I do like making Spotify playlists! I have a couple that I listen to a lot at the moment - Ultimate Noughties Playlist and BJSC Final Songs 2015!

+Quote Post
Dancember
post Nov 1 2015, 10:57 AM
Post #7
future bass fisherman in a tropical house
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

ooh I do need to make an ultimate 00s playlist *. will deffo use a lot of songs in that playlist in mine anyway.

here's 2 of mine

Dan's Most Played
Ultimate Dance

+Quote Post
SᴀɴᴛᴀsLɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ
post Nov 1 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #8
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I make so many playlists on my Spotify, usually I will just choose a few artists that i'm really into at a particular time and add their whole discographies to a playlist and listen to that until I get bored laugh.gif I don't really have mood playlists or anything like that, I do tend to make playlists of set-lists as well though to prepare for upcoming concerts wink.gif for the past few months I've just been putting my whole music library on shuffle on both Spotify and my iPod though, I do have a couple of traveling playlists for the train and whatnot and will sometimes make some for bjsc potentials etc too happy.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jan 19 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Gold Member

Bumping this up as I've recently done a playlist with a lot of my favourite songs from the 00s on (here). heart.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jan 19 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #10
I was starting to worry if I was living in a simulation.
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade-o-Lantern @ Oct 31 2015, 02:57 PM) *
YOU ARE A LIFESAVER.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 4 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Gold Member

Not my playlist, but Spotify's own #ThrowbackThursday has been updated today to include a 90s 'School Disco' theme. Fantastic playlist which reminds me of Saturday nights at Flares laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 20 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Jan 19 2016, 06:25 PM) *
YOU ARE A LIFESAVER.

Made one for 2016 now as well! https://open.spotify.com/user/jadegagaolly/...0sDXsRSxQ2ouW8l. Will keep updating each month~

+Quote Post
Santa's Haz
post Feb 20 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #13
Why don't you be you and Ill Be Me
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

You guys are free to follow mine too,

1. The Music I Love (A More genral music although Not everything I love is there but a lot is)

2. The Chill Pill (Chiled out songs I havent updated this agesss, any suggestions let me know)

3. Childhood Favourites (Songs growing up I love)

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Feb 20 2016, 11:53 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265
   No Gallery Pics

I've followed a few of you... Welcome to follow me back!

My own playlist is called 'Aldi' and contains the songs I currently blast out before the customers arrive at work. No headphones, played loud and proud. Frequently updated.

+Quote Post
Santa's Haz
post Feb 21 2016, 12:12 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Feb 20 2016, 11:53 PM) *
I've followed a few of you... Welcome to follow me back!

My own playlist is called 'Aldi' and contains the songs I currently blast out before the customers arrive at work. No headphones, played loud and proud. Frequently updated.

I searched Aldi and I lot came up which is yours?

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Feb 21 2016, 12:38 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Feb 21 2016, 12:12 AM) *
I searched Aldi and I lot came up which is yours?

michael.lee1317

+Quote Post
Santa's Haz
post Feb 21 2016, 12:53 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Feb 21 2016, 12:38 AM) *
michael.lee1317

Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Colm
post Feb 21 2016, 10:50 AM
Post #18
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I've best ofs made for most of my favourite artists.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jul 3 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Gold Member

A 90s Dance playlist which I've recently updated and cannot stop listening to wub.gif

Also updated my Ultimate Chill one.

This post has been edited by lewistgreen: Jul 3 2016, 11:51 AM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 3 2016, 12:53 PM
Post #20
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've been making bimonthly playlists for my blog of pretty great new songs that I've enjoyed over the course of the two months. Follow the link to see my latest one for May/June.

If you have a minute, I would be ever so grateful if you could click in to it and give it a "follow". I posted this on my Facebook in relation to the reason why, which might be of interest -

Everyone on Spotify has a playlist called "Discover Weekly". Every week, Spotify analyses the songs that you've listened to on Spotify and chooses 30 songs that are new to you that it thinks you will like based on what music you've listened to in the past.

Now the interesting thing about this is how the algorithm decides what song goes on each individual playlist. Some of it comes down to picking songs/artists in a similar genre to what you've listened to. I.E if you listen to a lot of Oasis it might stick a song by Blur in the list, if you like The Saturdays you might find a Fifth Harmony song in your playlist.

However,

It also recognises that just because you like an artist in a particular genre, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll ONLY listen to music from that genre, for man cannot live on Britpop alone. So to account for this, Spotify looks at playlists that have been handmade by people, looks at artists that you listen to then looks at artists that appear of those playlists, then recommends those artists to you. For example, someone might have made a playlist that features songs by both Radiohead and Ciaran Lavery. Now both these artists are very different, but Spotify notices that these artists have appeared on similar playlists, therefore if you listen to one of these artists, then there's a good chance that you might enjoy the other one.

So I've created a playlist of songs that I've enjoyed recently, many of which are in different genres, but I love them all the same. As this playlist is on Spotify, it will take this into account when it recommends over 100 MILLION PEOPLE music in their Weekly Discover playlist, which will make me very happy indeed.

However,

The Spotify algorithm is weighted in favour of playlists with LOTS OF FOLLOWERS, so although there's a very slim chance that some songs I've recommended will make it through to people's recommended list. However, the more followers the list has, the greater chance it is of causing a tidal wave of love for the music that I enjoy, and possibly see the music sneak into a few more people's recommended list.

So I ask of you, if you've read this far,

PLEASE go and give my playlist a follow, so that more people can discover the music that I like. And if you really feel like it, go in and listen to a few songs on the list at random, or if you really want to, listen to the whole thing. Who knows, you may find your new favourite song buried among all the soil.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 07:19 PM